Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Year's Resolutions 2016

Type
    INTJ

New Year's Resolutions 2016

Seeing as December is looming again, is anybody else already brooding over how to improve their lives next year?

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    - Find a way to leave Britain.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    I would like to find a new job, improve my French to a useful level, continue to focus on improving my poetry in terms of quantity and quality of output, and expand my social circle in ways that would be beneficial to my mental health and career prospects.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    -elope
    -????
    -PROFIT

Or something.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    Avoid participating in any ridiculous self-improvement rituals that are likely doomed from the get-go. Be doomed from the start by self-contradiction.

No Thank You
    Type
    INFP
    Quit smoking
    Cut fingernails
    Be more resolute and morphous
    Exercise!

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Aposiopesis View Post
    Avoid participating in any ridiculous self-improvement rituals that are likely doomed from the get-go.
    Well, you could make resolutions that aren't doomed or ridiculous, but manageable and worthwhile.

My resolution for 2015 was to make an effort to dress well, and I ended up in a much better place with regards to my profession, private life and health matters as a direct consequence of this seemingly insignificant change.

– I really need to sit down and figure out what I want from 2016, and then simply make a plan to go after it without hesitation...

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Well, you could make resolutions that aren't doomed or ridiculous, but manageable and worthwhile.

My resolution for 2015 was to make an effort to dress well, and I ended up in a much better place with regards to my profession, private life and health matters as a direct consequence of this seemingly insignificant change.

– I really need to sit down and figure out what I want from 2016, and then simply make a plan to go after it without hesitation...
    I could do that, but I would say that I likely don't achieve them--yet I can't even say this with accuracy, as most likely I forget them within a week or so (I certainly can't remember the last handful of years where I did try). I've also tried leaving myself reminders of such in physical and/or digital format, but I would suspect they disappeared into literal or metaphorical piles of clutter, as I certainly can't recall having seen one (but do recall the creation).

That said, when/if there are aspects of life that I need to improve, I tend to try to do so as needed rather than at some arbitrary date.

Type
    INTP
    I probably need to change something in my life so that next year isn't at bad as this year. I have no clue what exactly I need to change though.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    I probably need to change something in my life so that next year isn't at bad as this year. I have no clue what exactly I need to change though.
    Sell your house, quit your job, and move across the country. It worked wonders for me.