Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns in the US -- split from another thread

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Guns in the US -- split from another thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    zero days without a mass shooting pic
    You could practically leave that sign up everyday.

Mass shootings are the new norm: More days this year with mass shootings than not

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The hipster bystander interrupted by an explosion over at the suspects' house: "And now there's booms?!"
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    It is impossible to know whether the number of such shootings has risen in recent years because the databases go back only a couple of years. More data is available for mass shootings calculated by a different standard, one used by congressional researchers and other experts who study mass killings: four or more dead. But experts fiercely debate whether mass shootings by that more deadly standard have remained level or ticked up slightly in recent years.
    I don't know where you're getting the "new" from.

Whatever, it's all sensationalist bullshit. Whether people are going to call it a "mass shooting" or "terrorism", needing to know the race of the people who did it, everyone's got a political agenda and advertising dollars to rake in.

Type
    INTx
    I'm speculating that Farook was triggered by an ugly Christmas sweater compelling him to drop the kid off at grandma's; pick up Tashfeen; suit up in tactical gear; and to grab the guns and IEDs.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    BBC

Bomb equipment, weapons and thousands of rounds of ammunition were found by police in a raid following a shootout that killed the two suspects.

Authorities still have not found a motive in the attack by Syed Rizwan Farook, 28, and Tashfeen Malik, 27.

Police said the attack indicated there had been "some degree of planning".
    I can't fathom any doubt that this was a Jihadist attack.

Maybe SB got really lucky in a way. I think the couple were planning, possibly with others, to do something much larger.

I haven't seen this theory floated yet but my thinking is that they were triggered into a premature move, and my guess would be that the "Holiday Party" was too much of a Baby Jesus' Birthday Party de facto ordained by the Government Agency in question.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    BBC

I can't fathom any doubt that this was a Jihadist attack.

Maybe SB got really lucky in a way. I think the couple were planning, possibly with others, to do something much larger.

I haven't seen this theory floated yet but my thinking is that they were triggered into a premature move, and my guess would be that the "Holiday Party" was too much of a Baby Jesus' Birthday Party de facto ordained by the Government Agency in question.
    What about the other 355 mass shootings in the last 336 days?

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    What about the 89 Americans who killed themselves yesterday?

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Islamic State Threatens New York, Moscow in Post-San Bernardino Video

Sorry but I had to laugh at:

“France was the beginning, tomorrow will be Washington, it will be New York, and it will be Moscow,” two English-speaking Islamic State (ISIS) jihadists declare in the first video message published by the terror organization since last night’s jihadist massacre in San Bernardino, California.

“Allah, he will revenge [sic],” a jihadist says in the video, speaking sitting down next to a colleague with an accent that indicates English is not his first language. “His revenge has started and the blood will flow,” he continues, warning the three aforementioned cities and issuing a specific threat to Russia. “You Russians, don’t you think that we forgot you… your time is coming and it will be the worst.”

The jihadist later proclaims that France has “seen the thunderous action of the lions” and that any who “violate” the rights of the Islamic State – and “it is a state,” he insists – “are bound to get burned.” He advises all non-Muslims to “start paying jizya, a punitive tax proscribed by Sharia law to non-Muslims, and “turn their hands” towards ISIS. In between his two short monologues, video shows two jihadists handing out candy to a small girl.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Yes, I've heard the Democratic Spin that this lays all at the feet of the Second Amendment Absolutist.
    I will fully agree that Assault Style Rifles (Built to function fully automatic but slightly modified for the open market to only operate semi-automatic...which can easily/cheaply be illegally reversed) should only be made available with a good number of hoops (Full FBI background check & Ballistic samples from the specific rifle on file with same)

BUT the criteria for mass shooting is 4 or more victims
    AND the vast majority of the MSs all have to do with Violent street gangs and illegally obtained guns.
    IT (War on Drugs) is the root of so many of the evils blamed elsewhere. Such as being the reason Officer Darren Wilson had to go to the hood to make sure it was safe for EMS to come and treat an ill infant. The latest BLM fixation centers around a dude trying to pull an injured woman from a ambulance where she was being treated.

These sorts of MSs have already began to to elevate in number as a result of cops doing CYA by being reactive instead of proactive. As I've said several times now, thanks to the BLM movement Black Lives Matter less today than when Trayvon Martin was killed for trying to bash open Zimmerman's Skull.
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein