Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to write a physics book with me? [introductory level]

Type
    INTj

Who wants to write a physics book with me? [introductory level]

It could either be for profit or open source, I would like to sell it for a very small amount (like, a dollar) online and have that money fund us writing another textbook.

I think students would eat that shit up, a no bullshit textbook written by rouge intellectuals? Yeah, I would buy that.

We could use several other textbooks to carve out the skeleton and add the meat to it ourselves.

This project will be hosted on intpz.com, so fair warning. I'm sorry, I just consider this confidential information.

Type
    INtP
    OpenStax. Thanks

In my opinion it's shit, so it could be repurposed or improved upon.
    The idea that there is more is essential to our humanity.

Type
    INTP
    Would it be anything specific or just like, general physics? How big are you imagining it?

Type
    INTj
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    Would it be anything specific or just like, general physics? How big are you imagining it?
    Basically a ck\\]]\\]\\\\\

Just general physics, I think 400 pages enough for a solid college foundation, you?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    Basically a ck\\]]\\]\\\\\
    What?

Just general physics, I think 400 pages enough for a solid college foundation, you?
    Yeah probably would be, although I'm increasingly thinking that I prefer more, but smaller books on individual topics. After I read this book: http://www.springer.com/la/book/9783540761808 it really changed the way I think about textbooks haha.

Type
    INTj
    What?

Yeah probably would be, although I'm increasingly thinking that I prefer more, but smaller books on individual topics. After I read this book: http://www.springer.com/la/book/9783540761808 it really changed the way I think about textbooks haha.
    I think I have a way we could work together on that, stitching words isn't hard when I get an itching I can go hard, unlike your dick, yo.

I don't know, I was really, really high on mdma and about to redose ! Rectally is so much better than by stomach, infinitely better, no disease risk compared to injection. Less speedy, no comeup, it feels like a mixture of opiates, xa ax, adderall and mdma, and I'm only on mdma. Wait like three weeks and shove one and a half or two up your ass, great results, promise.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by prometheus View Post
    I think I have a way we could work together on that, stitching words isn't hard when I get an itching I can go hard, unlike your dick, yo.

I don't know, I was really, really high on mdma and about to redose ! Rectally is so much better than by stomach, infinitely better, no disease risk compared to injection. Less speedy, no comeup, it feels like a mixture of opiates, xa ax, adderall and mdma, and I'm only on mdma. Wait like three weeks and shove one and a half or two up your ass, great results, promise.
    Haha dude, wtf. I'll wait for you to come back to reality.

Type
    INTj
    Haha dude, wtf. I'll wait for you to come back to reality.

I'm serious about this project, the decision was not made in haste.

Lets say we have ten chapters, 40 pages each.

First page should be a cheat sheet with equations and trig shortcuts,
    Second page should be acknowledgements to us, I'll use my name and you can do whatever
    Third page an index

First chapter should be mechanics and end at the 40 page mark.

Type
    INTj
    Instead of having some shitty ebook, I'm going to write a website that has a custom coded e-reader. Super simple.