Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC 194: McGregor vs. Aldo

Type
    XXXX

UFC 194: McGregor vs. Aldo

I don't know where I'm actually going to watch this, unless I go to Hooters, which I'm not keen on. The fights mere occurrence makes me edgy. Here are two of the worlds most-calibrated fighting men, perhaps the best in history, gearing up to what basically amounts to an all or nothing, anything goes death-match, barring a referee to cut it off. The amount of pain and sacrifice it takes to get to this level is unimaginable. And not even that can be enough. Each fighter possess an indomitable spirit born from the violent slums of Brazil; the famine, discrimination, and bitter civil unrest in Ireland—all of it brought to the cage. People can call it barbaric, debased, or trashy. But beneath the veneer of civility that society likes to maintain, reality will be laid bare. And I think it's a beautiful, even if brutal, display.

Last edited by Makers!*; 12-13-2015 at 05:00 PM.

Type
    XXXX

Type
    INxP
    Wasn't sure what to make of McGregor for a while. He seemed like a cocky fuckhead. But the fact that he's been backing it up by winning changes things.

And anyways, for all his shit talk, he's pretty self-aware. Some of ths stuff he comes out with is pretty golden:

... hoping I can find a stream.

Type
    INxP
    lol

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Well that's just embarrassing.

https://cdn.streamable.com/video/mp4/95oo.mp4
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    To be fair, McG's left was almost text-book "how I was told to land a punch and knock a guy out": just under the jaw line for torque. Whats'is'face's punch which also landed in the boxing equivalent of MAD, and would have hurt like the dickens, had the unfortunate property of landing straight onto the eye/skull, and so the head rocked back and took the blow (but in some ways LOOKS worse).

Course, I could be talking out of my arse...

Type
    INTP
    After watching MacGregor on the most recent season of TUF you can tell he is probably a pretty decent guy. Blunt and often purposely inflammatory in an attempt to get his opponents goat and drum up hype, but he's both clever and witty while doing it.

Type
    XXXX
    McGregor warms up with the same move he used on Aldo.

Type
    INxP

Type
    intp
    Finally! I hope Mayweather isn't too old to toss McGregor around a bit. I'm hoping that McGregor just gets systematically annihilated, to shut his mouth up for a moment.