Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I don't like watching TV

Type
    INTP

I don't like watching TV

-Sit coms are so over done, please don't make any more.

-I have had enough reality TV, really.

-I don't care for sports, but yet it never ends.

-The local news is always the same.

-The national news is severely slanted one way or another.

-I don't want to see any more erectile dysfunction commercials.

Type
    INTP
    -Erectile dysfunction commercials are so clever and funny though!

-There's no such thing as reality tv.

-Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, Firefly!

Type
    INTP
    We have several computers in the house, super fast FIOS, but no cable TV. We do have a flat screen for the Super Bowl which we also use as a large display, now and then.

Type
    INTP
    I have no comment on the penalties of watching tv. There are ways to deal with the commercials.

Until I can write my own sitcom I'll still watch and learn. Even then I'll still watch to write better ones.

Same for any entertainment object actually.

**to be clear I watch tv on my computer exclusively.

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I haven't had any desire for cable in years. When I want to watch something I head straight for thepiratebay. When I signed up for internet here they told me that the best possible price was a bundle that included cable service, even though I didn't want the cable at all it was still cheaper that way. They sent me a cable box and I didn't even open the package and shoved it under the bed to return when I move out.

That said, there are some great sitcoms and reality shows. It's like music, there are great examples of every genre.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by 99Problems View Post

-I don't care for sports, but yet it never ends.

Sensors like it because they already know the system and it allows a different outcome. American Football has it's novelty to me. I played and excelled at it, yes, but that was a lifetime ago and for different reasons.

Action with different results inside a system will keep sensors entertained always due to the ability to focus on the facts.

My love for the sport of football is a combination of playing nostalgia and analysis of the trends. I enjoy watching film from the 80's and comparing with current games. You had different training focuses with different game time plans than now. 20 years ago linemen were smaller and offences ran the ball more. You had a more physical game which I prefer. Now you want big big guys up front and athletic quarterbacks and secondaries. Again this is all entertainment and for some sports gives them the hook to grab.

Type
    INTP
    We haven't paid for cable in years, recently got a Netflix box but that seems worthless. There is soooo much stuff on the internet, who need moronic TV programming. Recently just bought our first video game, a used PS3. GTA seems like a nice way to escape occasionally.

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I don't like watching TV
    Stop watching it then.

I know that sounds...flippant. But the phenomenon of complaining about TV, but still having to have it, or still having to watch it, (or maybe even still getting cable) is...a bit too much like some of the scenes in the movie "They live"...

Type
    INTP
    ^^^ You seem to have missed the string of I don't like_____ threads. There is a little humor and sarcasm in there, you just have to hunt for it.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    That said, there are some great sitcoms and reality shows. It's like music, there are great examples of every genre.
    We're not really snobs about it. It's just that there are so many things to do, see, and hear, that I just choose not to watch and pay for the great shows that are available. There's just not enough time to do everything. Also, Amazon makes a lot of money off us between hard copy books and Kindle downloads. But, I do know that we're missing some really good stuff on TV. You can't do everything.