Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mafia 5 Day 3

Type
    INTP
    I don't mind explaining my vote strategy yesterday and my questions:

As I posted before, I wanted to have a situation where the two mafia would use their votes to reveal themselves with a split vote. I was OK voting for either Sappho or Osito, and thought they might be in cahoots.

So, after Light Leak voted for Sappho, so did I. This left both Sappho and Osito with two votes each. At that point, the only votes left were GnarlFox and Sappho. I assumed Sappho would vote for Osito if at all. Osito could switch his vote from Madrigal to Sappho to defend himself and try to get weight there. So yeah, Whoever Gnarlfox chose between Sappho and Osito at that point would be dead.

I HAD to switch last moment just in case Osito was waiting until the last moment to switch his vote from Madrigal to Sappho. If he had done that, the score would have tied, and nobody would get lynched. I had to wait as long as I could to give others a chance to act. Any vote switching at this time would have been very revealing.

It's only natural that I would ask Gnarl his reasoning for choosing which one, especially since Osito turned out to be townie. You guys seem to forget: Questions are not accusations. Questions are good.

As for why I was busy, if that matters... I'm on vacation. First day I was recovering from partying, packing and getting on a plane. I'm in San Jose visiting my brother and his new wife. It's rainy and the indian food is great. I can send pics if you need, lol.

As for two together.... thats what I was looking at earlier when I thought Sappho and Osito were both mafia. I fully expect mafia to vote early and scatter votes, try to have a lot of suspects. That way they can have a controlling vote (2). I'm suspicious of those who vote early, and those who vote for me.

If Bluebird switches his vote to me once there is another suspect? Then I'm thinking it's Sappho and Bluebird.

And WHY wont Sappho answer any questions except to say she isn't around??? We ask over and over and over. At least bluebird goes on record when suspected!
    I've long waited for more information before I was comfortable voting for her, I really was trying to believe in her innocence....but at this point the LACK of information is damning.

If mafia is setting her up, she herself is "enthusiastically" helping them. After all these requests for her opinion and interaction being ignored, I find it harder and harder to see her as the victim here.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by lethe View Post
    Questions:

To all:
    - Does this mean we know for sure that there are two mafia? And if we don't lynch a mafia today we lose? Is there any other arrangement possible?
    There could be one mafia and one traitor (traitor gets inducted into the mafia when killed by mafia). There could be two mafia and a vigilante who hasn't known who to kill yet. I doubt that though.

-Where are our special roles and why aren't they helping us?
    This is a strange question.

-Why did mafia kill light leak?
    She didn't sound scummy and she was asking a lot of questions.
    -What do you think of the other players?
    We all suck.

-Do you see anything significant in the votes yesterday?
    Yes, Sappho didn't vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird202 View Post
    As for possible Mafia strategies? They are definitely trying to trick us into lynching our own. I think they might be either into Nightkilling randomly or targeting those who are digging for information. However, the last is more likely. I also think they're keeping around scummy townies.

As for strategies for us, we need to ask questions. If someone gives a sketchy answer, we should look into it. Then we out them, or at least hope we've got a mafioso. If we can lynch correctly, it'll be two townies on one mafia, counting the factional nightkill.
    I just want to point out that you might as well not have said this, because it's obvious.

If there really are special roles, who's to say they aren't helping? Don't forget, special roles can also be both alignments.
    Can you explain what you meant by this?

I also don't follow your logic. If you're a townie, you wouldn't know that Osito was town. Osito wasn't killed before yesterday. Do you have a reason for saying that only one mafia would vote Utisz?
    I said the mafia probably scattered their vote, because they usually do that to avoid looking like they're in agreement. I figured at least one mafia voted Utisz, but not two, for the same reason. If you didn't follow this logic, why didn't you say so when we were lynching Oso?

Madrigal's vote I find suspicious. I can't find any reason that she voted Osito other than that Osito voted her, other than that he wasn't going to read any of the other posts.
    That was actually the sum of his particiation. Why did you vote for Oso?

1. Why do you think I voted Madrigal?
    It's easy. I'd probably vote for me too. xD I don't really deserve to still be in this game. However, I'm starting to think that a lot of the things that you say which I've chalked up to "thinking aloud" might be filler posts.

2. Should I change my vote? If so, to whom? Explain your answer.
    I have no clue. My duets are Sappho and you, or Sappho and lethe. You and Sappho both missed a vote. But Sappho's early vote to lethe stands out as more than just impulse.

3. What do you think of the game so far?
    Everyone sucks, including the mafia.

4. Why should we think that you are town?
    I lynched two scummy townies? That's been my only contribution to the game.

5. Quick! Pick a color. Red, yellow, green, or blue?
    Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    Ok...

It is way too quiet in here and we are running out of time.
    We can't have too many suspects to vote on, and I won't vote for myself.
    It feels like I'm being forced to vote madrigal and I didn't see a reason to do so. And the two who are putting me in that positon are two I was already suspicious of, so I'm even more suspicious.

I'm looking at bluebird and sappho. At the end of the day, they are the ones with the most scummy behavior. Sapphos vote for me makes no sense otherwise.

Is anyone else willing to vote for one of those two? Have any cases to make? Which of the two is most suspicious to you?

Type
    INtP
    The reason I voted for Osito was because I figured he'd play the way he was for the rest of the game. As I've said before, the way it turned out, I think that I'll keep people like him around next time I play because it mixes stuff up. I've heard the same reasons and questions put forward so many times that they've become devalued. Who do I think is Mafia? I have no clue. I'd probably be willing to vote for Bluebird because of the suggestions made earlier in the game. This would be consistent but would it be any better than my vote for prometheus or Osito? Sometimes consistency wins a game, and at other times it's a fools errand.
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INtP
    What do you think of Bluebird @Sappho @Madrigal ?
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INTP
    Bluebird202

Type
    INtP
    I'm late. So, I guess we lost. I would have voted for Bluebird202, but it still wouldn't have mattered much, eh?
    The idea is quite.

Type
    INFP
    There was a draw, so no day kill. Night has begun.

Type
    INFP
    And yeah, just to emphasize, the game isn't necessarily over. Send me your votes.

Type
    INFP
    oh you guys Mafia wins because they killed bluebird, who was the doctor.

Player List:
    Sappho, vanilla townie
    Light Leak, vanilla townie, killed Night 2
    Osito Polar, vanilla townie, killed Day 2
    Madrigal, mafia roleblocker
    prometheus, vanilla townie, killed Day 1
    Utisz, vanilla townie, killed Night 1
    lethe, mafia goon
    GnarlFox, town cop
    Bluebird202, town doctor

Congratulations to the mafia! (also, wtf, you blocked the cop every turn right from the start)