Thread: There's Treasure Everywhere

Type
    INTP

There's Treasure Everywhere

A much older friend of mine said that most of my hobbies are old people hobbies-- letter writing, wood carving, and now I'm taking up metal detecting. After some research, I bought a Garrett Ace 250. The consensus from the internet seemed to indicate that it was one of the better entry level models I could find.

I'm not sure what I expect to find. Since I live by the ocean, I plan on doing most of my searching on the beach. The model I bought doesn't really work well in wet sand or water, but there's still plenty of other areas I can try out. The detector gets here Wednesday and I have a three day weekend coming up thanks to MLK day. I'll try to keep this thread updated with pictures of my finds or it'll be forgotten and discarded as I lose interest.

-
    Type
    xxxx

Just be careful is all I'm sayin'. Looking forward to the pictures! I wonder what you'll unearth.

Type
    INTP
    The detector can only search about 6 inches down, so I think I'm safe from unearthing anything too scary.

Still, I'll make sure to only search in areas small children and old people have trod before to clear out any unaccounted landmines.

Type
    INTP
    The metal detector showed up yesterday. I tried it out on the cats and they are 100% free of metal coins or jewelry.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I knew someone who did this. In the UK it isn't unheard of to find old coins, even Roman coins. I think he said he mainly unearthed 18th century coins with some pipes.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    There is a tv show called The Detectorists about a group of metal detector enthusiasts in the UK. I haven't watched it, but you might enjoy given that you have just taken up the hobby. It has a high star rating on Netflix, for what that's worth.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle