Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mouth breathing and brain-freeze

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Mouth breathing and brain-freeze

My wife says she has brain-freeze sometimes when having slurpees/frozen drinks. She pointed to her upper nose. I've never had one. Then I remembered that I rarely breathe through my nose. But I do get a frozen throat if I have it too quickly. Sometimes they are very painful.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    'Brain freeze' happens when the roof of your mouth cools to quickly. Mouth-breathing may counteract this. A quick remedy for the phenomenon is to simply press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Do you get metaphorical brain freeze? Like when you decide to start threads such as this?
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    'Brain freeze' happens when the roof of your mouth cools to quickly. Mouth-breathing may counteract this. A quick remedy for the phenomenon is to simply press your tongue against the roof of your mouth.
    I think this causes bad breath.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Banned
    Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnClay View Post
    My wife says she has brain-freeze sometimes when having slurpees/frozen drinks. She pointed to her upper nose. I've never had one. Then I remembered that I rarely breathe through my nose. But I do get a frozen throat if I have it too quickly. Sometimes they are very painful.
    You need some breathe right strips.

Type
    INTP
    No one's gone for the obvious?

Apparently she has a bigger brain.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I had another Slurpee today. I noticed that the roof of my mouth was quite cold but since it wasn't painful I didn't remember it earlier. I am having 1% sugar zilch Slurpees. After I get about 2/3 of the way the rest becomes quite solid and I make a "slurping" sound because it has a lot of empty spaces unless I stir it a lot. I'm not sure if regular Slurpees (with normal sugar) also makes you make a slurping sound near the end. I normally get a large frozen drink from McDonald's or Hungry Jack's (Burger King) for $1. At the moment at 711 Slurpees are $3 for large but you can get a free one when you buy one.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    I had another Slurpee today. I noticed that the roof of my mouth was quite cold but since it wasn't painful I didn't remember it earlier. I am having 1% sugar zilch Slurpees. After I get about 2/3 of the way the rest becomes quite solid and I make a "slurping" sound because it has a lot of empty spaces unless I stir it a lot. I'm not sure if regular Slurpees (with normal sugar) also makes you make a slurping sound near the end. I normally get a large frozen drink from McDonald's or Hungry Jack's (Burger King) for $1. At the moment at 711 Slurpees are $3 for large but you can get a free one when you buy one.
    Do you have Dairy Queen in Oz? Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard are so thick that you can turn them over and they won't spill.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Have you tried a Slurpee enema? I'm not sure if you get brain freeze from this. It's worth trying.
    Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Do you have Dairy Queen in Oz? Their milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard are so thick that you can turn them over and they won't spill.

No no Dairy Queen. Some fast food places have "thick shakes". Probably not as thick as those others though.