Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Eating lots of diet jelly on a semi-paleo diet

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Eating lots of diet jelly on a semi-paleo diet

Hi recently I became interested in the Paleo diet which I think means no grains, legumes, refined sugar, processed foods, etc. (and apparently also no dairy products and minimal fruits and starchy carbs) It is very low in carbs. I had been eating some foods that were about 50-70% carbs.

Lately I've been having a lot of diet jelly since it has about 0.2% carbs (but 1% protein - after the water is added that is). Until right this minute I had assumed that since it seemed to only have artificial sweeteners (953, 955, 950) it had next to no calories - similar to the diet lemonade and Coke Zero I have. Also it said 1g of protein per 100g and I thought that was based on the jelly crystal weight... It says it has 29 kJ or 7 calories per serve. But now I've seen that one sachet is considered to be 4 serves! That's still pretty low in calories though.

There are about 10 flavours of the 16 available at my supermarket...
    http://aeroplanejelly.com.au/Our-Pro...y-and-Licorice

I linked to the raspberry and licorice with green tea flavour which I'm looking forward to. (I only discovered that lately).

I've lost about 3 kg in the last few days. (I was 80 kg though I'm quite skinny except for a fairly big belly and some man boobs - what they call "skinny fat") I think it has a lot to do with the jelly I've been eating but also due to me eating lots of celery, eggs, bacon and fish. (plus normal foods for dinner which my housemate cooks - meat and veggies) I also eat a original recipe leg from KFC for lunch when I work - I used to have a "hot n spicy" one but then I noticed it had more carbs and calories. I've stopped having frozen drinks even though they've $1 and I used to eat burgers for lunch.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    A little bird tells me there was no diet jelly in the Paleolithic.

You're a nutritional fraud. "Do as I say not as I do", eh!

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I like the strawberry or blueberry fruit at the bottom Activia probiotic greek yogurts. 12g of protein. They have regular yogurt also.

I've also been eating burgers everyday, and need to start eating more pink salmon and tuna instead. I need to start cooking my own chicken breast, and rice or quinoa perhaps.

I also lost a ton of weight when i was eating oatmeal and toast regularly. I'm buying butter and oatmeal tomorrow! I like Simple truth plain oatmeal. Good with buttered toast.

I gotta start hitting the salad bar again. Kidney beans, spinach, kale, strawberries, etc.

Instead of decaf soda. I'm gonna start drinking lemonade at night, minute maid in a carton.

And Premier protein bars. I stock up on those.

Mens bona regnum possidet ferrus's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    In Denmark the supermarkets and cornershops sold 'Paleobrød' which was basically bread made up predominantly from seeds. Surprisingly nice.

Die Logik ist keine Lehre, sondern ein Spiegelbild der Welt. Die Logik ist transcendental. - Wittgenstein

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    A little bird tells me there was no diet jelly in the Paleolithic.

You're a nutritional fraud. "Do as I say not as I do", eh!
    Oh Sappho, you need to be educated on our Australian survival paleo food knowledge as well!

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    In Denmark the supermarkets and cornershops sold 'Paleobrød' which was basically bread made up predominantly from seeds. Surprisingly nice.

[IMG]
    Yes, there is even an on-the-go version.

Exactly what I'd carry around if I wanted to get murdered by a flock of birds.

Type
    xNxx
    I like the paleo movement as one of the more efficient accelerationist movements. After all, it shelters bodybuilder meat processing fart terraformers and the extremely rich non-gmo grassfed americans under the same unfathomably resource heavy umbrella.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I do not partake of diet jelly.
    sounds like the beginning of an artful and facinating poem.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Married Mouth-breather JohnClay's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    BTW as far as cooking with seeds go, I am avoiding chia seeds, which are 40+% carbs and choosing things like flaxseed and sesame seeds which are less than 3% carbs.