Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things you only want to watch once, but are worth watching

Type
    INTP

Things you only want to watch once, but are worth watching

Inspired by this post. So, what are movies you think worth watching but never want to see again?
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Viktor Frankenstein starring Daniel Radcliffe.

Type
    INTP
    It's a weird question for me because usually, I can't watch anything more than once. I get this really awful feeling of being bored and trapped when I rewatch something. It takes at least 5 years before I forget enough of a film that I might be able to watch it again without getting that feeling but I'd still usually prefer not to. I'd never watch a whole TV series twice. It feels like a terrible waste of time.

Type
    INFP
    Hotel Rwanda.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

-
    Type
    xxxx
    The English Patient.

Pan_Sonic_000
    Any of that Marvel shit.
    Same for that Hobbit / Middle Earth / Tolkein / DnD shit.

Type
    INTP
    After I saw A Clockwork Orange for the first time I told myself I'd never watch it again -- too disturbing. Then my brother said he was going to a midnight show, and did I want to come along? I was bored, so I did watch it a second time. Oh well. But that was it!
    Your gardening sucks and your avocados ain't fruitin'. -- Sappho the Maestro

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan_Sonic_000 View Post
    Any of that Marvel shit.
    Same for that Hobbit / Middle Earth / Tolkein / DnD shit.
    I'd argue that there is no call for watching any of the Fantastic Four movies--or Elektra. Daredevil is still in the mix for me, to my surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by C.J.Woolf View Post
    After I saw A Clockwork Orange for the first time I told myself I'd never watch it again -- too disturbing. Then my brother said he was going to a midnight show, and did I want to come along? I was bored, so I did watch it a second time. Oh well. But that was it!
    A Clockwork Orange is one the few movies I've simply rejected mid-watching. I never finished it. I read the book, then made one more attempt. Didn't get past the first beating before I decided I was done.

It's not the violence, it's the motivation and the credibility. It's believable people would be like that and do such things, and somehow, Kubrik made you feel simultaneously like you were seeing things through a predator's eyes, but what you felt most was how it felt to be the prey. Dunno how he pulled it off, or if it's just me, but that's how it affected me and the dissonance was too intense.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Most movies are like this for me, but one that jumps to mind is Inception. If I want to reminisce, I listen to that great Zimmer soundtrack.
    I think most of the LoTT stuff is like that, too. I do want to see the whole cave troll "none shall pass" scene again, but that's it.

I hold the new Star Wars movie in the same regard. That's why I haven't seen it yet. I'm willing to wait to see it in high quality at home and then, that'll do pig, not see it again.
    In my mind's eye, one little boy, one little man, funny how time flies.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    12 Years a Slave

The Sixth Sense

The Crying Game

All Is Lost