Page 1 of 53 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    INTP

Post your dreams

As per the topic, this is a thread for posting dreams you had that left an impression on you.

I had a dream that I was in some sort of old hotel at night. There were seven stories, and it the stories were connected by an old-fashioned elevator system. Even though I was in the hotel, I was never really in the guest part. Instead, I would travel by the elevator and explore these giant, unlit, dilapidated sections of the hotel. On the seventh floor, for instance, were prisons. They were run down with trash littering them and no inhabitants, but they were still functional. On some other floors were churches. I remember sneaking around and stealing brownies from one of the churches. Actually, the entire time I was sneaking around and avoiding being seen. Although generally uninhabited, there were some floors that had people on them. There was a computer lab, for instance, that had one person in it. And then there was a sports team that was playing hockey in an abandoned ice rink.

At one point I played a "prank" on someone, causing their elevator to freefall while they were in it. I think this caused the authorities to be called, and I started having to try and avoid massive amounts of police that were summoned to the hotel. I went to the seventh floor, and realized how much I didn't want to get trapped in the terrible prisons. Unfortunately an agent saw me, despite how hidden I thought I was, and was able to come all the way up to the 7th floor in no time at all, surprising me. I think the dream ended around there.

Type
    INTP
    I had a curious subconscious psychological phenomenon occur to me yesterday. It was very strange. I heard a voice in my head, in my dream, telling me to wake up. Then I felt someone shaking, then kicking me between my spine and right shoulder blade. I came partly awake to note my muscles in that region were spasming, moving much as they would if they were being physically manipulated by someone trying to get me to wake up. I told the voice in my head to leave me alone and went back to sleep. That was when they kicked my lower back and I came fully awake as my leg violently twitched.

I flipped my subconscious off and snoozed another ten minutes.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I had one last night. I was going to see Alice in Wonderland performed in a house. I went to get on the bus but realized I didn't have my wallet or my bus fare. I dug around my bag and found a bunch of loose change. I couldn't count it because it was all over the place, but I found enough to get on the bus.

The house was just like a normal, brand-new house. The show was in one of the rooms and it was a super high-quality production with lots of theatrical effects and pyrotechnics, very professional costumes. But I had to pee so I went looking for the bathroom. I was a houseguest there so I went to the bathroom that I was supposed to but someone was in the middle of cleaning it so I went down the hall to the other one, where someone had left cleaning supplies all over the place. I looked in the toilet and the water was dark blue. It was full of things that probably shouldn't have been in there, like those cotton pads for removing makeup.

I went downstairs and wandered around. There were two cats snuggled on the landing of the stairs. I pet them for a while but I still had to pee.

Sysop
    Type
    INTP
    Lately my dreams have taken a strange turn from their usual, as-long-as-I-can-remember pattern. Oh, and I've been remembering them more, which again is a break with the life-long pattern of only very rarely remembering any (if I even have them, for all I know).

They've involved modern-day settings and faces; my dreams for decades always involved modern-day me juxtaposed over my preadolecent family life.
    They've involved their own different-from-before but consistent pattern.
    Last time, for instance, was finding myself wandering around this bizzare sprawl of a resort/hotel type complex, finding my way out of it when I realized strange cultists simply used it as a front, only to spill out into a rocky beach of the most surreal color and richness, only to (in a bend back to my usual dream-ending pattern, from here) find myself learning I'm in a dream (lucidity kicks in), after which I fly around as if trying to flee from something I can't see. At some point I land in a weird landscape and turn to face it, at which point I realize I can change the landscape, bend the rules, etc... and the dream becomes more about me exploring and tweaking the dream itself than whatever I thought was chasing me.
    Then I wake up, go about my morning routine, only to realize my power of telekinesis works on the toothbruth -- which causes ontological shock.
    Then I wake up for real, with a numb, still-asleep body, and yet with the strangest dont-let-it-go calm despite the fact I can't really move and I can't seem to be aware of my heartbeat.
    Then come the tingles, and the feeling of every limb being heavy, muscles over-working so joints move too quickly this way or that, as I stumble out of bed and almost pull the covers with me, scaring the cats.
    But feeling so very calm.

Type
    INFP
    Dreamed that I was hugging someone who was sobbing and made of wax. I awkwardly patted her on the back because I didn't know what to do. As she continued crying profusely, her wax tears dried on my shoulders and arms, gluing me to her. I realized that my chances of escape were lessening with every tear. I felt resigned. After a while I stopped patting her on the back and I just stood there, getting encased in wax.

This vaguely reminds me of a dream I had a really long time ago, in which I made a paper friend. She quickly became malicious, flattened me, and tore me in half.

Also had a short nightmare last night in which I saw scorpions on the ceiling-- woke up screaming.

Type
    INTP
    God I love analysing dreams. Ever since reading some of Sigmund Freud's stuff on dream analysis, I can't help but see the meaning in people's "random" dreams. Sometimes, they reveal private things without knowing. Which is hilarious.

The way I go at it is like this: everything in your dreams is a part of you. Which makes sense, since you're the only one dreaming your dreams, so whatever symbol pops up is part of your subconscious. This means that whatever object or person you see in a dream represents something in your own psyche. Similarly, everything is a symbol and should be taken for its abstract meaning. It usually has to do with feelings, and is frequently what you felt during the day.

Dreams are, according to Freud, a way to realise desires wich were denied in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by chobani View Post
    Dreamed that I was hugging someone who was sobbing and made of wax. I awkwardly patted her on the back because I didn't know what to do. As she continued crying profusely, her wax tears dried on my shoulders and arms, gluing me to her. I realized that my chances of escape were lessening with every tear. I felt resigned. After a while I stopped patting her on the back and I just stood there, getting encased in wax.
    In your case, the sobbing wax person obviously represents your repressed emotions, coincidentally, your inferior Fe. It cries out for you and you try to help it (even though you have no idea how) and get stuck in them in the process. Basically, you realise that you are sad, and wish to elp yourself; however by doing so, you risk not being able to detach yourself from your emotions.

Dream symbolism is usually common to everyone, so dream dictionnaries can be useful sometimes when you are unsure.

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    I was a knight dressed in blue, out to save this girl from her abusive master. I was afraid, but apparently I trained really hard. Anyways, we had a duel wherein I stabbed him so many times even though he never so much as flinched. Finally, when I got another hit in, I didn't pull the sword away but carved out an oval from his upper body, which killed him. When we examined his body, it was a thin layer of raw pink meat.

Maybe I was hungry.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I dreamed of this ex basque militant that used to flirt with me at work. He was sitting all alone and nobody wanted to sit with him. This is actually a real situation, for some reason, he sits alone. In the dream I sat down with my friends and debated whether I should go sit with him, because I had treated him badly for a long time due to the fact he was married and flirting with me. (In real life he actually got divorced soon after, which made me regret my behavior at some point.) In the dream I finally worked up the courage to sit with him, hoping to patch things up. He made a sarcastic remark, got up and left.

I dunno why I dreamed of him, since I don't actually think about him.
    Last edited by Madrigal; 12-26-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Type
    INTP
    In the most meaningful one I've had recently, I was at my home, but instead of a forest behind it there was a cliff falling at least a mile down into a beautiful river valley. At the top of the cliff there was 20 feet or so of rock at a 45 degree angle before it went totally vertical. A friend of mine who's very much into hiking and climbing was climbing around on the horizontal part, so I went over and climbed down a bit to talk to her. Right at the edge of the cliff, where it goes vertical, there was a hand-sized crack in the rock. She climbed down to it, put her hands it in, and let herself fall off the edge. The wind tried to pull her outwards over the valley but, holding onto the crack on the rock, she ended up floating over the precipice like a flag. She wanted me to join her, and I did. So I was there looking down miles into the abyss, with the wind trying to pry my hands out of the crack. It was very strong, and when it shifted, I could feel my hands shifting in the crack, and I would feel vividly anxious, thinking I was about to lose my grip. I said to my friend beside me: "We'll die if we fall, isn't this dangerous?" and her answer was, "of course not, if you're brave enough to try, you're strong enough to hold on." And those words came across to me as such a powerful expression of freedom and vitality, I knew it was true and wasn't worried anymore.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by mercurial View Post
    I said to my friend beside me: "We'll die if we fall, isn't this dangerous?" and her answer was, "of course not, if you're brave enough to try, you're strong enough to hold on." And those words came across to me as such a powerful expression of freedom and vitality, I knew it was true and wasn't worried anymore.
    I love dialogue in dreams, they are always little revelations.