Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 1353616263

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    INFP
    I had my second forum dream This time I dreamed that one of the historical grumps decided to be nice to me again, and I was considering how to politely convey that I don't want to interact with them.

Type
    INTP
    Even in my dreams I don't cheat, but I'm given more forward temptations.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    had a rather strange one last night. first half, i was hanging with my oldest friends in some kind of a village inhabited and controlled by a cult, but that is open to visitors; so we were there visiting for some reason. somehow, i became separated from them however, and that was when the cult became threatening. they essentially arrested me and forced me to participate in some kind of ceremony at which they were all present. i didn't like the look of it one bit, so i asked if i could go to the bathroom first. they acquiesced, and that was when i ran away, in the direction of my friends. unfortunately, i never ended up making it back to them; the cult members were in my pursuit as soon as they had realized i had fled. i got about halfway to my friends, sneaking around their community, when i was apprehended by one of them. i knew somehow, that they were planning on harvesting my organs, probably for selling them on the black market.

so that was when i woke up. i had just been apprehended by one of the cult members who intercepted me as i was trying to sneak back to my friends. i had hoped that they would wonder where i was and come to my rescue, but it ended up not happening.
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

INFj-Ne (EII) / 9w1 sourpatchkid!'s Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Even in my dreams I don't cheat, but I'm given more forward temptations.
    is it because you're that loyal or because your partner is that exceptional?
    It's a new art form
    showing people how little
    we care

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by sourpatchkid! View Post
    is it because you're that loyal or because your partner is that exceptional?
    Ha, well. She's definitely exceptional but I don't think that quality has kept people from cheating. There's loyalty, love, though mostly I just see cheating as too despicable to entertain.

My perspective has changed in one way. Once, I saw breaking up as a matter-of-fact choice anyone ought to make if they're even remotely interested in seeing others. Maybe that's true at a certain stage in your life. However, it hast a cost. The toll can loom larger, depending on the person. It's not something you want to go through perpetually. Flings have no riches but a long-term relationship does. If you have that richness, it just isn't worth trading away.

Sexual attraction is a constant but I'm far less bothered by it. Sex is just sex, if you're getting it on the regular that's all that matters. Add to that, other people are less interesting to me than ever.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

Type
    INTP
    Had a few disjointed dreams last night/this morning.

In one of them, I found myself in a village in the middle East where there was some serious violence going on.

Some Islamic men grabbed a young Islamic boy in front of a crowd of people, taunted him, body bagged him and then shot him.

I was hoping he was shot somewhere he would survive, but it must have been somewhere serious as he began violently convulsing and then died.

I was just an onlooker... I wanted it to stop, but obviously couldn't do much unless I wanted to join him.

Been having lots of strange and horrible dreams lately.

All last week, consisted of people hurling insults at me about all my greatest insecurities.

I remember walking on a bus when I was walking past some clique of women, when one started an argument just as I was walking past and I said something to brush her off and then she said "yeah, well, your crooked teeth say otherwise!"

Lol.
    All truth passes through three stages:

First, it is ridiculed.
    Second, it is violently opposed.
    Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

Cooler than Jesus
    Type
    intp
    I had a dream that my fiancée, a friend of hers and myself were checking into a hotel. First we got to the room after forgetting to check in. Then we noticed that the room was apparently being used, because it had some half empty soda bottle on this little patio it had outside. We busted into the room and found that someone was inside it, at which point I realized that we were checking in too early as it was only 9AM so the previous occupant was still there. This didn’t deter my fiancée and her friend however, and they proceeded to pull this scrawny guy that was in the bed out and started beating the shit out of him. He had a giant fish too (dead, as in to eat), like it was bigger than a person. They took his fish outside and threw it over the balcony, where it splattered into a huge mess of gore on the hotel courtyard.

Type
    ISTP
    a couple weeks back I had a doozy.

It was one of those dreams where I'd pissed off someone on this forum, somehow ended up in a basement wearing handcuffs, and they just scared me. It was someone on here, but could've been anyone who's raised an eyebrow at my participation. The subconscious or whatever letting me know to grow up. sometimes I feel like Eric Andre's scripted character only with severe brain damage. sometimes I try to sound important and relate to people that way but even when I'm not out of my depth I still suck at talking so it barely goes over well. in actuality I've nothing worth saying, like 90% of the time. so I shouldn't.

here's some some rules I had to re-learn.

* To join in a conversation, you need to listen to it (or read it because details and context). Listening or reading can be extremely difficult, especially if you have to keep your ears and eyes open 24 hours a day, but you can get better with practice. The most important thing to read or listen to is the plot of the conversation.

* It might be difficult to join in a conversation if you don't have the general knowledge which is needed. The problem with this kind of knowledge is that there is no one source from which you can find it out but here are some tips:

* If you decide to teach yourself the general knowledge you need in certain conversations, it is important that you also try to learn by listening to the conversations themselves, paying special attention to famous people when they are mentioned. This can make the learning process much faster.

* When people take part in a conversation, what they say normally has to follow on from the last thing that was said. We stick to the relevant so that the conversation flows smoothly.

* If you say something that doesn't make sense to the people around you, they might get annoyed but will probably forgive you. After all, everyone does this sometimes. Just don't do this too often. But if you do, people will avoid you lol.

* If there is something you need to say which is not relevant but is important, for example "Bob phoned for you today" or "there's something I'd like to talk to you about which is worrying me", it is best to find the suitable person when they're not having a conversation. Try to find the right moment, get your timing right. If you need to pass on a phone call and think that you might forget if you are kept waiting too long, just write it down and leave it by the phone.

Read more: [url]http://www.autismsupportnetwork.com/news/aspergers-survival-guide-conversation[url]

it's all common sense for most I suppose.

yeah that dream sucked, red flags are useful. it was about Limes. I asked him about his job. he didn't respond. no I don't have a security+ cert. no I don't care about cyber security. yes I kinda know this electrical engineer guy who was taking a udemy course on the topic and possibly needed help. no it wasn't necessary to pm/email someone I barely know on here to ask a personal question when my reputation is being a wildcard who sh*ts all over this site because I'm bored. oh well.

live and learn.

haha sucking sucks. I finally gathered enough motivation to look up the contractional it's vs the possessive its. I don't give a sh*t about anything that's why I'm seeing a therapist and my NP's working to get me on 10 mg lisdexamfetamine. always been an unusual responder so stimulant meds rarely worked until recently.
    Last edited by interprétation ironique; 12-19-2019 at 09:45 PM.

Type
    INTP
    I only rarely remember my dreams. This one I'll not soon forget. I was in my car waiting to pick some people up, like some friends. This guy I don't recognize walks up. I figure he must be a friend of a friend I haven't met yet. He opens the driver side door. I say "Hi", he says "Hi" back, and then stabs me in the chest --the heart. The shock of it knocks me awake and clutching my chest. Nothing had happened, no somatic aspect, but still I was rattled.