Page 59 of 59 FirstFirst ... 949575859

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    INTP
    It started with me needing to get into a safe to get some coins. I was able to accomplish this. Then I was teleported (the mind does this it wasn't actually teleportation) and I had to
    give the coins back to the person who I got them from. I found myself in a kind of dungeon/maze thing where there were specific things you had to do to get to the next room. In some of the rooms, I had to use the coins in some kind of contraption to get to the next room. It was kinda like a game or something.. not sure, but the coins acted like a kind of key. I had gone through several rooms at this point and I was using the coins on a contraption and I heard people coming. I at this point got nervous - even afraid that they were going to take the coins away from me for some reason that I wasn't known. I hurried the coins through the contraption and made it to the next room and then they found me. The took some guns out and told me to give them the coins. I tried to explain that I had to give them back to the owner, but they didn't listen, they just threatened me more. As I was about to take the coins out of my pocket, I noticed how heavy they were. They were dark grey with specks of black on them. They had holes in them all over and in the middle they had a bar where it was solid that said 5,000. Then I woke up.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INXP
    Jesse Eisenberg was a shape-shifting, Eastern European chocolate mogul (Wile Iwanka (pronounced vil - e - vanka)) who secretly carried out genetic experiments in the basement of his massive, urban chocolate factory. He kidnapped the residents of his Lovecraftian cyber-punk metropolis and turned them into mindless, violent, cannibalistic (and autocannibalistic) chocolate craving fiends who conveniently have a chocolate/blood mix coursing through their own veins. Daniel Radcliffe was in the dream but was kidnapped and morphed into a chocolate zombie. Ezra Miller was also in the dream as one of Wile Iwanka's mind-controlled secret agents.

After the President of the United States visited Iwanka's factory during a diplomatic trip to the EU, US intelligence working with the secret service inadvertently discovered Iwanka's secret, sinister plot to bring about a chocolapocalypse. They attempted to evacuate the POTUS immediately, but Ezra Miller managed to chase Air Force One in a Spy Hunter-esque supercar, launch it off a ramp, and eject an elaborate parachute/webbing from the car to ensnare the plane and crash it.

... to be continued ...

In another one of my dream's, Patrick Stewart was Satan. He didn't have red skin, horns, a tail, or a pitch fork. He wore very polished and ornate armor similar to a knight's, and he hid his face behind a mask and let no one see his face (which was silly, because we all can pair Stewart's voice to his face). Damian Lewis was his Demon-in-Chief. Lewis spawned a variety of lesser demons that assumed many forms, but all of them shared his face. In one of the nastiest nightmares I've ever had, Lewis possessed a housemate of mine and made them cut off various parts of their body before having them climb into an industrial sized pizza oven. I actually smelled burnt hair in the dream - yuck!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I enrolled in Cleric school--as in the D&D class. It was kind of strange in several respects.

1. We were taken to the school by airship--along with other class classes, at least a few of which weren't clearly D&D, unless they've added "Welder". Welder might be code for Warlock though.

2. We had an instinctive hand signal to identify our major, it was the hand motion you probably think of first when the phrase "lay on hands" comes to mind in the healing context--for those without religious upbringing, imagine laying your palm on someone's forehead. In retrospect, we may have looked like lazy nazis.

3. The school campus was large, roughly toriodal, and much of the interior of the ring resembling a functioning warehouse, with classrooms off the inner walls and loading docks and recreational areas on the outer walls. The clerics were apparently the only group that didn't have a dedicated classroom, or our classroom was the entire ring--which makes sense as we probably would be called on to heal people who got messed up in swordchuck practice.

4. The cleric class was incredibly dangerous because the forklift drivers not only had no fucks to give, they seemed to be actively looking for ways to injure us without looking like they were actively trying to injure us.

5. I spent most of the time looking for my dorm, but got pulled into an orientation meeting at a table tucked near a couple racks of palleted goods. It was irritating because I really wanted to change out of my towel and into clothes less likely to give people an unwanted show.

6. I was wearing only a towel. I wasn't embarrassed, and I knew where my towel was so clearly, I was a froody dood, but it was inconvenient. I kept having to readjust it shut.

7. I managed to avoid getting hit by any forklifts, in spite of their obvious aims to the contrary. One did almost manage to get my towel, but I was too froody and did this untuck-and-rewrap-while-spinning maneuver that kept everyone else's modesty and my towel intact.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Me and Revenant were both walking through half constructed/half destroyed sky scrapers up on some of the higher levels.. we were both wearing backpacks, but a single decker bus was also attached to mine (a la world's strongest man).

He was walking ahead of me, about to open some doors in front of us, I was dragging behind pulling this bloody bus along.

We were walking in silence until I heard the attachment from me to the bus snap, I turned around and the bus had begun rolling backwards to a shear drop.

I know I couldn't stop it, so I turned back to call Rev who was oblivious, but he couldn't hear me for some reason.

We only had seconds to work with but by the time I got his attention, he'd turned just in time to see the bus rolling of the edge, travelling to its demise - I sighed and explained I did try to get his attention.

(?)
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    intp
    Not my dream, my gf's. Someone help me interpret. @Hephaestus? @Madrigal? @Ptah?

We were getting married, but only I had a ring. She didn't have a ring but her entire left hand was metallic (silvery).

It was on a mountain, and there were a lot of rooms she describes as "maze-like" that we were going in and out of.

There were a lot of people in attendance. She says she didn't know them ("Who are these people?") but at the same time, she did.

Colymbosathon ecplecticos BarIII's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Not my dream, my gf's. Someone help me interpret. @Hephaestus? @Madrigal? @Ptah?

We were getting married, but only I had a ring. She didn't have a ring but her entire left hand was metallic (silvery).

It was on a mountain, and there were a lot of rooms she describes as "maze-like" that we were going in and out of.

There were a lot of people in attendance. She says she didn't know them ("Who are these people?") but at the same time, she did.
    You're used to things going wrong in unexpected ways even when you try to prepare properly, particularly with people. Even more particularly with women.

Oh, wait, forgot it was your girlfriend's dream. Must recalibrate...

She expects things to go wrong and blames herself.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    You're used to things going wrong in unexpected ways even when you try to prepare properly, particularly with people. Even more particularly with women.

Oh, wait, forgot it was your girlfriend's dream. Must recalibrate...

She expects things to go wrong and blames herself.
    Yeah she is an ENTP

Type
    INTP
    I had a dream last night, let's see how much I remember...

It started when I was with my ex and a few other of my close friends. We were trying to get to something important (can't remember what that was). My ex then pulled something from somewhere and then it turned into like a huge strawberry (or a hunk of flesh, not sure). Some ominous man shows up and tells us when the hunk of flesh disappears then something bad happens to me (don't recall what). I ended up getting the hunk of flesh and I was holding it in my arms on my forearms and it started to disintegrate into dust (or ash don't know which) slowly. For some reason there was something we had to do before the hunk of flesh fully disintegrated. So we decide as a group where we should go next. Where we end up to try and solve my problem, the same thing ends up happening but this time instead of being me that the bad thing happens to when the hunk of flesh disintegrates but one of my friends. They had to carry what they had (it was not the same thing for whatever reason). Meanwhile, the thing I am carrying is getting smaller and smaller. So now we have two people dealing with whatever (time constraints). Then the same thing happens and this time it's my brother. Then the end of my dream was me being in paralyzing anxiety watching the flesh (that is now about as big as a cherry) disintegrate in front of my eyes. Then I wake up.

Very strange dream.
    But your individuality and your present need will be swept away by change,
    and what you now ardently desire will one day become the object of abhorrence.
    ~ Schiller - 'Psychological Types'

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    got a job at the LA times as “lead of the future of security” on my first day there in another role, cuz the person before couldn’t do that job. so i have multiple roles at the paper. the job was getting signage and stuff ready on tv news (? at a newspaper?) and physically changing signs on air, so appearance is really important.* my first day at that job i forget to wear my bra (something i don’t forget irl). i have another co-worker who’s getting me prepped for my other job which is supposed to be my primary role at the paper. he’s a genuinely nice person, and women keep fawning over how attractive he is, making me think “i can kinda see it” but it turns out he’s a young-looking 70 year old. he comes to my car holding a gift basket of sorts, like a “welcome! let’s get you settled” sort of gesture.

*it just hit me, this is so sexist, a job only for women
    the clouds in the sky caress my mind so tenderly