Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    INTP
    I never remember any dreams. Nowadays has me on a quest to see if alkaline versus acidic minerals are part of the cause. The big (volume/milligrams) acid formers are phosphorus, chloride, and sulfur. Alkaline forming are sodium, magnesium, potassium, and calcium. When the body is more alkaline (mainly done with added potassium citrate after balancing calcium:phosphorus ratio to at least 1:1), it is better able to grow and heal/regenerate.

Apparently, genetics point to more aggressive clearance of melatonin. I've always needed less sleep. Maybe that's a bad thing, as it could be due to artificially clipping the last/dream cycle. Genetics also point to delayed feeding rhythm (CLOCK gene), leaving me not hungry until a few hours after waking up.

What a mess already.

3-4:1 glycine:methionine ratio is also said to be better, usually achieved with added gelatin/collagen.

Maybe true, as I tend to develop plaque/tartar on teeth. Taking vitamin D3, vitamin K2 MK-4, and iodine anyway. On the other hand, maybe they've been masking the problem.

I suspect the main reason meat eaters have more calcification in arteries/etc is due to unbalance phosphorus and sulfur (from amino acids) in muscle meat. Such issues are likely reduced with added alkalizers like calcium, potassium, magnesium, and sodium. More so potassium and calcium, as magnesium is a weaker base (weak base + strong acid = acid). Further, vitamin D3 and K2 are also usually insufficient.

Another thing is the omega-3:omega-6 ratio. Even at a 1:3 ratio (according to one study), benefits were not present and problems persisted. It wasn't until achieving a 1:1 ratio that it all fell into place.

Insulin or PUFA. That is, minimize/eliminate PUFAs if insulin is spiking (ie, eating carbs). They can be in play if otherwise (ie, keto).

Vitamin E is the most common deficiency among teenagers, then D3 and magnesium.

I took nootropics, acetylcholine enhancers, etc and didn't even experience vivid dreams. Only thing that added such an effect was melatonin.

If I try to visualize and apple, I see nothing. Coluracetam + aniracetam (and other AMPAkines) increase the vividity somewhat and only sometimes.

I've always wondered why. WTF? Especially wondered after trying nootropics and other approaches.

Blood sugar fluctuations at night can also affect dreaming. For example, adrenaline/cortisol release can cause nightmares and other issues. Digestion (ie, stomach not empty when going to bed) can also lead to disturbances.

Type
    xNxx
    Somehow I got sober enough to remember a recurring nightmare:

I have to move. I've been working on it for a while, packing things up. It's the last day before the deadline. I look around and there's an unmanageable pile of things- in bookshelves, in the closet, under the bed, there's too much fucking stuff and I have to sort through and figure it all out.

I've had this dream dozens of times, somehow I finally had it close enough to waking that I remembered having it. Remembering it once made me remember every time I've had it. It's not hard to understand, it's about avoidance.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Somehow I got sober enough to remember a recurring nightmare:

I have to move. I've been working on it for a while, packing things up. It's the last day before the deadline. I look around and there's an unmanageable pile of things- in bookshelves, in the closet, under the bed, there's too much fucking stuff and I have to sort through and figure it all out.

I've had this dream dozens of times, somehow I finally had it close enough to waking that I remembered having it. Remembering it once made me remember every time I've had it. It's not hard to understand, it's about avoidance.
    It could also be about the past kinda weighing on you and wanting to let go. Kinda reminds me of that line from Between the Bars, "People you've been before that you don't want around anymore".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    It could also be about the past kinda weighing on you and wanting to let go. Kinda reminds me of that line from Between the Bars, "People you've been before that you don't want around anymore".
    ugh sounds pretty close to the truth

Type
    INTJ
    eyes in the dark, one moon circling
    Cheeky feckers