Page 2 of 60 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    INTP
    I spent the last several hours of restless sleep dreaming of preparing steamed mixed vegetables and teriyaki chicken breasts that sounded delicious, but that I never got to eat.
    Kept waking up thinking how strange that was and then would fall back asleep and it would start all over. A hungry Chefs Sisyphean nightmare.
    You're using big words right now that you don't know the meaning of and you're capitalizing them. You shouldn't do that. ~Osito

Type
    INTP
    In this dream, the dwelling I lived in was a small, well-lit, airy place. It was always nighttime here, but not in an ominous way. Where I lived, I slept on a couch, and had a large glass-door that was kept open for the breeze, and it was warm (but not too warm – probably upper 70s).
    I think before this, I was walking around on the streets outside. They were paved with cobblestones, and they were narrow. Outside, there were musical street performers, and a young couple talking. They went home to go to sleep. I remember thinking, “wow, I could make enough money to scrape by if my brother and I put together some sort of entertaining musical performance.” But then I remembered that I’m shitty at music. I had a conversation with someone who was taking care of a bunch of cats, and he had been given a miniature pinscher to keep them in place. And we laughed about how the dog would get batted around because the cats were bigger than it was. But apparently it at least kept them from leaving.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I had an adventure where I worked with some sort of magical spirit. One of the high points was saving maimed suicidal ferret by making her my familiar. She gained the power of speech and the ability to turn into a human. We worked together with another group to do something that was poorly defined. A few years later, things were rough because the ferret was cursed and dying but the only treatment was protracted and painful and I was having a hard time convincing the ferret to hang in there while I cut another patch of skin off her to use in the ritual. There were only a few days left before the curse would destroy her, and I desperately wanted to save her; she desperately wanted to give up. I blackmailed her by cutting out patches of my own skin instead while she watched until she gave in.

I don't know if she was saved or not because I woke up. I'd like to think she was. She was really nice.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Mine are still like real life, but more boring than real life. I enjoy waking up actually.
    "I'm so cool" - Carl Sagan

Type
    INTP
    The dream started in a sort of camp in Hawaii. I think I was younger, like a teenager or something. I was with a group of other younger people, and I know it was an enjoyable experience. We played sports and stuff. Eventually a volcano on the other side of the island erupted, and everyone had to evacuate. I managed to escape, but myself and a number of my friends wound up being taken into slavery at some sort of factory.

The factory was weird. At first we were doing things like cleaning dishes, and there were incredibly strict rules. I managed to screw something up once, and got transferred into this place where they created the dishes. There, the slaves operated assembly lines that pressed colorful clay molds into various dish shapes. A lot of people - almost everyone - had lost arms and hands to the process. They'd been replaced with the same sort of colorful clay, which seemed to operate the same as normal limbs (this was the future btw). I wound up losing a hand as well.

Finally I was transferred back to the kitchen area. One of the girls we'd originally been captured with somehow managed to create black powder, and we escaped. When I returned home, I was shorter, my teeth were decayed, and 13 years had passed.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I was drifting in and out of the edge of consciousness. I found myself feeling comforted by the sound of a keyboard typing out of site, and was pretending to be unconscious so that I could fall more deeply asleep. Then I heard the sound of people walking around, and found myself wondering if I was missing a class. I vaguely remembered going to a class earlier in the week, but wasn't sure if I had a one day a week class or two day a week class.

I decided, 'fuck it', because it was too late to make class if there was class today. I'd just have to hope that if there was class, there wasn't a test today.

Then I realized that I shouldn't be hearing the noises I thought I heard, or smelling freshly brewed coffee. I live alone. I cracked open an eyelid and realized that I was facing away from the bedroom door, so I couldn't tell if the door was open or closed or spot someone trying to enter. I also wasn't sure if there was someone in the room already, but it sounded like there were three people in the hallway, judging from the sound of their failed attempts to walk softly. At least two of the fuckers were wearing boots. In the house. Assholes.

The dilemma I faced was in how to turn over safely. If there was someone in the room, waiting for me to wake up, it would give away that I was awake, and I'd lose any ability to make a surprise strike. If there was no one in the room, I'd miss the opportunity to surprise someone trying to enter my room--and they might be hoping to catch me while I was asleep.

I decided to bank on there being no one in the room yet, and quietly shifted to scan the room. I was right, but my attention was fixed on the rotating doorknob. I coiled myself into a crouch, and grabbed the thrusting spear I keep next to my bed for just such emergencies. I have a pistol and a shotgun in easy reach too, but I prefer not to make a bunch of noise. In the close quarters of the bedroom and the hallway, the spear should work very very well--though there would be more blood to clean up later. If there was a later.

The door opened and I took a moment to identify the target: a stranger in a dark suit. There was no reason for him to be here--or the other men in dark suits behind him. He had a knife in his hand and a pistol in a holster under his suit-coat. I sprung forward and ran the spear under his chin and out the back of his neck, just under the skull, holding the spear blade flat to maximize the likelihood of severing something important. The blade of the spear is a good five or six inches wide, so when I forcefully pivoted and jerked the spear sideways, his lifeless shuddering body was nearly decapitated as it hit the ground.

One of the rules of a gunfight is to shoot first. It doesn't matter if you hit or not. Shooting first rattles whoever you are shooting at and gives you time to aim your second shot while they are reacting to that first shot. You get the advantage because you knew the shot was coming. I thought going with a spear would lose me that advantage, but I underestimated how alarming it is to see a naked man with a giant knife on the end of a stick stabbing the unholy fuck out of a guy you just had coffee with.

I stabbed the second man under his ribs, aiming to drive through his liver and up through his diaphragm, and lung, possible getting his heart on the way out his back. I also charged forward so that my body-weight would help carry me through--I don't know how much strength it takes to run a man through, but I didn't want to fall short. I also wanted to knock him into the guy behind him who was just now reaching for his gun. If I were really lucky, I might skewer them both, but if I was just ordinary lucky, I would pin him with the body of the guy I was stabbing (hopefully pinning down his gunhand) and I'd have a moment to pull out my spear or shoot him with his dying friend's gun.

Turned out, blood is slippery, and they were wearing vests. Not that a bulletproof vest is particularly useful against a spear, but it was enough to keep me from getting the blade all the way through and out his back--or rather, I didn't make it out the back of his vest. The vest shifted and caught the tip of the blade, and my hands slipped along the shaft of the spear, robbing me of much of the force of my charge. The result was one dead, and I and the dead man fell against the third attacker but glanced off of him.

I did get a little lucky though. It knocked the gun from his hand.

I scrabbled to a crouch and weighed my options for escape. I was still naked, but now covered in blood, and the spear wasn't going to come out quickly. I also had my back to a staircase, but had a doorway to my side. I needed to move before he realized he could finish this with a Spartan kick to my chest.

Instead of kicking me down the stairs, he did something weird. He hissed and his neck flared out, skin growing scaly. His lips receded and his teeth grew impossibly numerous, tiny, and pointy, his skull thicker and sleeker, and there was an almost comical sound of fabric tearing as a scaly tail cut its way out of his pants. One moment, I was facing an intruder in a suit. Now, I was facing a shapeshifter on his way to becoming an enormous cobra.

I ran through the near doorway and leapt through the window, rolling down the roof, dropping down to the ground, and as soon as I was able, bolting through the field nearby. I don't know how I knew it, but I knew I was in a war between lycanthropes, and they wanted me alive because I knew where a certain artifact was.

After working my way through many fields, ditches and backroads, stealing some clothes off a clothesline somewhere, I made my way to the local HQ for my side of this war, and gave a report. I wasn't the only one reporting in after being attacked. But I was one of the few who made it relatively uninjured.

We began to plan our counter-attack.
    You winsome, you loathsome.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    My roommate told me the landlord dropped by while I was at work for an inspection without any warning. I was really annoyed because that's illegal. I looked around at all of the stuff Waxy had painted and I got pissed off that I'd have to repaint it all before I moved out.

Type
    INTP
    I was in some sort of virtual reality Hunger Games type thing. It was a fight to the death, but players didn't die IRL. The prize was one million dollars. My husband was also a player. It came down to just the two of us at the end, but I won by killing my husband. We were going to buy a new house with the winnings.

Type
    eNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    I was in some sort of virtual reality Hunger Games type thing. It was a fight to the death, but players didn't die IRL. The prize was one million dollars. My husband was also a player. It came down to just the two of us at the end, but I won by killing my husband. We were going to buy a new house with the winnings.
    it's always a bummer where somehow i have money in my dreams and then i wake up and i'm still chilling below the poverty line.

Type
    INTP
    I was sitting in a sponsorship meeting and I was flipping through one of the program booklets and I found four identical pages in it. I wondered if one of my volunteers had screwed up or if I'd messed up the file I'd sent to the printer. I realized I was naked. I excused myself and stepped outside. I was walking down the hall to go get something - I can't remember what. I figured I could go down the hall and not be seen but the outside hall wasn't where I work - it was the community centre and the hallways had large windows that looked into gyms and offices. I realized that it was a bad idea to be there naked so I scurried back to where I wouldn't be seen and was out of the view of the surveillance cameras. That's about the time I woke up.

I slept really poorly last night.