Page 3 of 56 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your dreams

Type
    iNtP
    i had a dream in which i became aware i was dreaming. i recall feeling uneasy about things in the dream, to which i then woke up (or so i thought). i started doing some stuff and remember thinking im glad that it was just a dream and became a little concerned how it would be possible to become "lost in a dream" and not wake up, to which i then woke again (i hope?). kind of reminded me of the movie inception

Type
    INTP
    I came home and there were bits of fluff and bits of fabric scattered all over the floor. My bulldog was on the couch and the slip cover was ragged from all the holes in it. Suddenly, I realized I couldn't remember the last time I fed her. I was horrified, and immediately started to get some food and water out for her, but woke up in the midst of doing so.

I was so profoundly affected on waking that I was halfway down the stairs before I remembered that the reason I can't remember the last time I fed her was because she doesn't live here anymore. I don't have a couch anymore either--that too should have been a give-a-way that this situation wasn't real.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    I was in an elven treehouse, or maybe it was an ewok village. There was all kinds of vaguely floral lattice-work like in Gothic churches, or maybe art nouveau ironwork. It was made out of wood, and it was twilight, probably before dawn.The trees were large like redwoods, and the treehouse was on the edge of a clearing with a bog or muddy lake. Directly adjacent were more trees. I heard cries from a fit, but generic-looking woman who was running towards the tree city from the woods.

I assumed she was running from a snake, and told her not to worry about it, that it wouldn't hurt her. She jumped into the bog underneath the treehouse. As I looked, I saw the real danger, an unnaturally massive sloth-bear swimming under the water, submerged, headed right for her. Roughly the same effect as seeing a Great White underneath the water.

At that point, I noticed that much of the tree-city was crumbling, and that there were cracks and softened areas all throughout the foundation, not to mention ominous creaking sounds.

That dream was weird, but kind of awesome. If I had the discipline to do art, I would record these kinds of dreams.

By the way, snakes are an interesting recurring motif in my dreams, and I can easily remember at least three dreams where they played a prominent part. If dream symbols do have have any meaning, I would say that the snake relates to my sexuality and something that is "male" in a very instinctual sense. It represents my lizard brain.

I don't know what the hell the sloth-bear would be. I think there was an actual prehistoric creature like that, but it probably just ate plants.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 02-11-2014 at 04:24 AM.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I had a long, skinny blister in the top of my foot, about three inches long, into which a giant mud wasp had crawled. I pulled the mud wasp out by its stinger but its head broke off and was stuck in there, and I couldn't reach it because it was stuck so far away from where the blister was broken. I was doing lots of other things in the dream but I would periodically be reminded of the blister because other giant insects would crawl into the blister and I'd have to pick them out by their asses.

Type
    INTP
    ^^^Dammit gator. For some reason, it's always your dreams that I fail to realize I'm in a dream thread when I start reading. It isn't just the frequency either. Other people post their dreams, and somehow I know. But your dreams have the perfect mix of mundane and surreal to make me momentarily fear for your life.

It's a gift. I'm gonna study this skill and make it my own, because it's absolutely awesome.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Maybe it's that a lot of my dreams don't feel too far off of reality. My daily life is just surreal enough that I don't always see the distinction. When something weird happens it tends not to faze me, regardless of if I am awake or sleeping.

This dream was neither scary nor weird. The insects didn't bother me, except for the fact that they seemed to keep coming. That gave me a vague sense of unease, like it was going to continue to be a problem and I would have to do something about it sometime in the future - by cutting the blister open and pulling out the wasp head.

Type
    INTP
    Everyone was getting gifs that represented themselves in a way.
    I got a real person, like a character from a play. It was a kind of devil, all painted red, with long hair and tribal-like accessories. He even had sawed-off horns, like Hellboy.
    The person was supposed to coach me and make me a better girl. He started by correcting my words so I would speak more politely. We had a little conversation and I told him "it will be a pleasure to work with you". I was very thankful.
    He hugged me and when we let go, I saw that most of the paint on his face and body had gone, so it probably rubbed off on me.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Sleep paralysis: I win. You lose.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Okay now that I'm up, I can post it. I dreamed I was in Grade 12, arriving late to my literature class. I thought my lesbian teacher Ms. Tomasini would get mad, but she didn't. She acted very concerned for me and invited me to her house after school. I went along with it just feeling relieved I wasn't in trouble. When we got to her house, we lay on her bed and she asked if I was ready to have sex. She got naked and I said, "But I don't know what to do with that!" And she said she'd show me, but I said I didn't want to because I hadn't shaved. Then she kissed me, and it was just like a man. And she actually turned into a man, a married one I know. Then his wife arrived. I ran into the bathroom connected to his bedroom and locked the door. I looked out the window and it was like 20 floors up. Animals began coming in through the window. A duck flew in and started quacking. I was panicking by then, sure that the wife would hear the duck and try to open the door.

That's when I realized, "I can wake up from this dream", as if in the back of my mind, I had known it all along. I woke up, but only half-way. I found myself on my back, in my living room, with sleep paralysis. I was blind in one eye, and there was a man in the hall, looking at me. He was evil but more scared of me than I was of him. I struggled to wake up for what seemed like ages. The animals from the dream were under my covers.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    iNtP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    My daily life is just surreal enough that I don't always see the distinction. When something weird happens it tends not to faze me, regardless of if I am awake or sleeping.
    i have this also. i also get what i call "awake dreams" or moments where my focus goes nearly 100% to my imagination. i use to find this concerning, as i wondered about how my body functions when i am not aware of it. somehow my body can still seem to do stuff while i am busy day dreaming so to speak