Page 1 of 28 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Mafia Day 2

Otaku
    Type
    INTP

Anime Mafia Day 2

Day Two has begun! I was going to use the same thread, but I realized that the time was getting a bit unclear, plus it was helpful last game to see how many posts each person had in a specific Day. This Day phase will end 48 hours from the time of this post.

Osito Polar has been killed. He was Vanilla Townie.

I'm so sorry, I hope you still want to do the flavor. Hey, it might be fun to write your own death!

For the record, it goes... Day phase->Night phase = 1 Day. Day phase is always 48 hours from the time of the announcement post. Night phase lasts 12 hours or until I have all the Night action.

Type
    XXXX
    I've been diddled again!

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
    I'm so sorry, I hope you still want to do the flavor. Hey, it might be fun to write your own death!
    Oh heck yeah I'll do the flavor. If there's anything you want me to include in it (manga/anime images? messages from the Mafia?), please let me know via PM. If you're not named Kyuri please don't PM me about the game at this point since I'll be writing the stories and I don't want them to include hints even unintentionally. I'll stay out of the play threads, so Kyuri please give me a heads up with who will be killed next in my story.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Polemarch has been killed. He was Vanilla Townie! Markings on the body suggest it wasn't the Mafia.

Also, I stress that this is a Day phase killing.

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Oh heck yeah I'll do the flavor. If there's anything you want me to include in it (manga/anime images? messages from the Mafia?), please let me know via PM. If you're not named Kyuri please don't PM me about the game at this point since I'll be writing the stories and I don't want them to include hints even unintentionally. I'll stay out of the play threads, so Kyuri please give me a heads up with who will be killed next in my story.
    Thanks! Will do, but like above I suspect I will only be able to give limited notice.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    The INTP girls walked together through the featureless landscape of the all-female anime world they appeared to be trapped in. Madrigal looked at her phone for navigational hints.

"I think we need to go over there."

"You mean west?" asked Hephaestus.

"I think so."

"You mean past that nothing, and over by that more nothing over there?" asked JollyBard.

Light Leak looked at her suspiciously, wondering if she was being sarcastic or not. It was actually a fairly accurate description of where they were going.

Yuno cleared her throat.

"What is it?" asked Randall.

"Umm ... this is kind of embarrassing. I hesitate to even mention it, but ... "

"What is it? Are we going to sacrifice LowIQLogan now?" Madrigal clapped her hands happily and held up her iPhone and the mini-usb cable.

"Hey! I said 'not it'." protested Logan.

"Yeah, I know." She scuffed her foot disappointedly and pouted.

Yuno said "Did any of you notice that Polemarch is dead?"

"Wha-huh?!" asked Polemarch.

P-O looked at her and pushed her finger into the bloody wounds on Polemarch's torso.

"Hey stop it! That tickles!"

Chobani looked at her, tilting her head sideways to get a better look. "Ooooh! She's right. You're stone cold dead right now. Does it hurt?"

Polemarch thought about it. "No. I think it hurt a little bit when I actually died, but since then it's been remarkably tranquil. Peaceful. Umm ... I can't totally recommend it because there's this weird thing on my back. Did you see it?" She turned around so they could get a look.

"WHOA! When did that happen? You have a full-back Hello Kitty tattoo, seriously like are you going for Sanrio yakuza style or something!?"

"No, I've always had that. I meant below it."

"By this flower tramp stamp?"

"Yeah."

"Oh. Is that a parasite?" asked Dirac.

"Is it contagious?" asked Madrigal, pulling back.

"No ... it's markings." said Hephaestus.

"What kind of markings?" asked P-O.

"I don't know. Markings. The meta-author of this script wasn't more specific than that, so the writers didn't have anything to go on. Maybe it's a rune. Or in Braille." Hephaestus squinted as the marks.

"Well, if there's one thing we know, this sign means Polemarch was not killed by the hidden enemies that lurk among us." said Yuno.

"How do you know?" asked Osito Polar.

"Trust me. I know things." Yuno nodded sagely.

At that moment, Polemarch's eyes rolled back in her head and she fell over.

Polemarch has been killed. He was Vanilla Townie! Markings on the body suggest it wasn't the Mafia.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
    Day Two has begun! I was going to use the same thread, but I realized that the time was getting a bit unclear, plus it was helpful last game to see how many posts each person had in a specific Day. This Day phase will end 48 hours from the time of this post.

Osito Polar has been killed. He was Vanilla Townie.
    This may sound like a dumb question, but who killed Oso? The mafia?

I assume a vigilante killed Polemarch.

Type
    INxP
    What the fuck is going on?! Shit. Shit. Shit. Okay, I think we can now say with some degree of confidence, that a "Vigilante" Special exists, yes? Goddammit!!! That's what? Three Townies down in one day? Thanks a lot asshole, whoever you are (please don't kill me!). There is a kind of poetic justice to it though, since it was Polemarch that doubted my breakdown of the Townie/Mafia/Special proportions in the first place. Vigilante is a non-traditional role, yes? I think this rather implies that there could be other non-traditional roles as well.

This is the way I see it: I still think it's 50/25/25ish, which would mean that there are 5 Vanillas, 3-4 Mafia, 1 Vigilante, and 3-4 Specials we don't know about yet. If we kill too many more Townies without scoring at least one Mafia, it's going to start affecting the votes. The Mafia are already coordinating to take down certain key members. It's possible they even incited the suspicion against Polemarch that ultimately got him killed by the (then unknown) Vigilante. What I propose then would be something like the "town watch" I mentioned in a previous post, a counter-insurgency operating via pm that could coordinate and exchange information. But in order to do that we need the remaining Specials.

Here's what I propose: If there are any Specials capable of identifying players (detectives/police) they should form a network with those they've cleared. That way, by Day 3-4, we will have a counter-insurgency as large or larger than that of the Mafia. Understand, these members could then protect one another while simultaneously identifying suspicious members on the boards. What do you guys think?

Otaku
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    This may sound like a dumb question, but who killed Oso? The mafia?

I assume a vigilante killed Polemarch.
    Yep, Mafia killed Osos.

Live list:
    1. Osito Polar vanilla townie
    2. Madrigal
    3. Hephaestus
    4. md5fungi vanilla townie
    5. mccrissanth
    6. Randall
    7. Polemarch vanilla townie
    8. Dirac
    9. Light Leak
    10. JollyBard
    11. chobani
    12. Noir
    13. LowIQLogan
    14. Works
    15. P-O
    16. Etherealsage

Type
    INTP
    1. Osito Polar -- Townie
    2. Madrigal -- I'm still leaning townie for the reason I previously stated.
    3. Hephaestus -- I'm on team townie.
    4. md5fungi -- Townie
    5. mccrissanth -- The low participation, including not voting, has her as the new top of my list.
    6. Randall -- Randall is still barely a nonplayer. His only posts of substance are to arrange his defense for being quiet.
    7. Polemarch -- Townie
    8. Dirac -- No change yet.
    9. Light Leak -- No strong inclination either way.
    10. JollyBard -- Almost certainly a townie.
    11. chobani -- No change.
    12. Noir -- No change.
    13. LowIQLogan -- Second on my list of lowest communicators because it's out of character for him.
    14. Works -- He's made some interesting challenges to Ethereal Sage.
    15. P-O -- Reads as probable townie to me, though I think his challenge to Jolly was a bit aggressive. But could just be paranoid. I'd like to read more of what he's actually thinking.
    16. Etherealsage -- Cagey, but might actually be doing what he is saying he's doing: attending to life. I think it's been about 50/50 on mafia or townies having lower participation because they were busy attending to reality, so it seems like a null tell. Still, his refusal to play in Maddy's game seems suspicious. I mean, it's one of the few times she's actually going to give you something like an interpretation.

My short list: mccrissanth, LowIQLogan, Randall

My current vote: mccrissanth
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.