Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12202122

Thread: Gardening & Botany Thread

Type
    INTP
    Haven't done microgreens, but I have done sprouts (I guess the only difference is that sprouts grow in a wet jar, and microgreens grow in soil?). Sprouts are insanely easy...and delish.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx

i got to hang out at the UC berkeley botanical garden this past week (i very highly recommend this place) & experienced one of these plants and it was absolutely... exhilarating. in a quiet way. pretty flowers too. now interested in growing them... i wonder if i can do it
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post

i got to hang out at the UC berkeley botanical garden this past week (i very highly recommend this place) & experienced one of these plants and it was absolutely... exhilarating. in a quiet way. pretty flowers too. now interested in growing them... i wonder if i can do it
    I thought they grew as weeds. At least that is my experience. They also have thorns IIRC. I wasn't too crazy about them.

Edit: ok he says it's a weed in the video
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.

Type
    INTP
    I saw a video a while back on plant learning, using mimosas...they'd drop them from a very low height at regular intervals, and eventually the plants became desensitized to it and wouldn't curl from the drop. If they dropped them in a different way, or at a different interval, they'd still curl up though, suggesting that they weren't just desensitized, they actually learned that the initial drops were not threatening...or something to that effect. Wish I could find the video again.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Robcore View Post
    I saw a video a while back on plant learning, using mimosas...they'd drop them from a very low height at regular intervals, and eventually the plants became desensitized to it and wouldn't curl from the drop. If they dropped them in a different way, or at a different interval, they'd still curl up though, suggesting that they weren't just desensitized, they actually learned that the initial drops were not threatening...or something to that effect. Wish I could find the video again.
    Maybe jigglypuff can try touching them at the same time every day to see if the same thing happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Heh. We've been here years now.