Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast

Thread: Car Talk

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    A very sexy motor, sir!

Shame about the resale value. Have you enjoyed it?

I'll get pics of mine at some point. It's currently covered in dead flies and other countryside-related shite.
    Thanks. I have and still do. I go out in the evenings just to be out and listen to music, a quick run around the ring road and back. Even though it's now some 13 years old, there still isn't all that much out there that's quicker. I stay away from Teslas!

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limey View Post
    The only gripe I had, other than the unrefined nature of the beast, was the traction control system. It's very basic and can sometimes cause more trouble than it solves in merely shutting down injectors when slip is detected. They can be very unforgiving cars and I put mine into a ditch at one point with cold tires and icy conditions.
    Ha! I remember my first traction control experience in my Mustang, got a little to much into a soft shoulder. I thought I might have broken an axel, the whole car shook like I was doing sixty over tactile paving.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    I.... have given up on muscle cars. I owned a handful of firebirds and camaros of various years and powers over the years. Fun? When I was an idiot, yes. Impractical? Without a doubt. If I were ever to get a performance car again, it would be of the AWD, import variety. Far, far much more control and practicality. Particularly for the midwest weather, etc.
    I'm about to do the same in finally giving up on muscle cars. It's been great, but I see the electric car as an irresistible development. I'm over 130MPG average at the moment on my fusion and 13MPG average on the Merc. I charge the hybrid on my community's supply. I look forward to being able to get a Tesla, there will be no looking back. I've watched so many videos about the performance and safety, that regular combustion engine cars look like they're from an entire epoch behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Ha! I remember my first traction control experience in my Mustang, got a little to much into a soft shoulder. I thought I might have broken an axel, the whole car shook like I was doing sixty over tactile paving.
    I once went to Mustang week in Myrtle beach, that was an eye opener. Lot's of "watch this..." heh.
    There are whole videos of them pulling out onto the highway, getting sideways and hitting cars waiting in line in the opposite lanes. You'd think they'd learn to stay away from there on those days the show is on.

"he too old! he too old! he can't handle that" haha

Type
    IXTP

http://www.mortarinvestments.eu/prod...ng-vehicle-342

Soviet MAZ 537. 8WD, 140 litres per 100km, 840 litre fuel tank
    39.5 litre engine, 525hp, 2,157.5 Nm; 1,591.3 lbfft torque, 22 tons, top speed 60kph, 9.5m long.

I wish I had $22,000 laying around.

Type
    INFP
    I'm about to do the same in finally giving up on muscle cars. It's been great, but I see the electric car as an irresistible development. I'm over 130MPG average at the moment on my fusion and 13MPG average on the Merc. I charge the hybrid on my community's supply. I look forward to being able to get a Tesla, there will be no looking back. I've watched so many videos about the performance and safety, that regular combustion engine cars look like they're from an entire epoch behind.
    The original Volt concept model was badass IMO. If I was not a poor artist, I would have jumped on that car in a heartbeat.

What came out was far less so...

It's as if someone at GM had an inferiority complex for the Prius design because it's so sexy.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    The original Volt concept model was badass IMO. If I was not a poor artist, I would have jumped on that car in a heartbeat.

What came out was far less so...

It's as if someone at GM had an inferiority complex for the Prius design because it's so sexy.
    You should be looking for a used Cadillac ELR, the resale is insanely low compared to the initial cost. You can still find them at carmax
    I understand it's functionally the same car as the volt, but obviously a lot better looking

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    The advertisement for one of the cars I drove in college:
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    xNTJ
    I was born in '85.

Things were pretty shitty back then, eh?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pmj View Post
    I was born in '85.

Things were pretty shitty back then, eh?
    Music was great, 86 and 87 are some of the best years ever for music, it's all been largely downhill since.

Cars were crap though. Ford Sierra and Austin Maestro, ugh!
    Well, there it is.

Type
    xNTJ
    Music was great, 86 and 87 are some of the best years ever for music, it's all been largely downhill since.

Cars were crap though. Ford Sierra and Austin Maestro, ugh!
    My parents had a bright yellow Mini back around those years.

When my mum passed her test, she had a turquoise Skoda Favorit. Never has there been such a shitty car. Ugh.

My first car was a Peugeot 106 Escapade in a bloody awful metallic blue. It was sat on the drive one night when I came home from work having recently passed my car test. My dad bought it on eBay for me - 650! To be fair it was in excellent condition and was pretty low mileage. 1.5 diesel too - so it coped pretty well with motorways and the like. I loved the damn thing so much.

... but then it began making a very loud 'clang' every time I shifted into second gear, so I sold it and bought an Alfa Romeo 147 for myself