Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Car Talk

Type
    INFP

I don't know if the smaller lights are LEDs or what but I take each one as a 'fuck you, pleb" and drive accordingly. Headlights in general are out of hand. Surely, there could be a photometer on the car that adjusted the brightness to the ambient light already present, but I'm sure having people get out of your way because you're blinding them is also nice.
    Even if I knew that tomorrow
    the world would go to pieces,
    I would still plant my apple tree

Type
    INTP
    I am a secret fan of Jay Leno's garage on Youtube. I don't give a damn about the sports cars, but the old and quirky vehicles are fascinating.

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I've always liked more off-roady cars. I like the Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser quite a lot. I also put a lot of miles on a Tacoma, but now it's hard to like the brand as much because they're endorsed by ISIS. Then again, they'd know a car that's best for off roading in the desert, right?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    I've always liked more off-roady cars. I like the Toyota FJ-40 Land Cruiser quite a lot. I also put a lot of miles on a Tacoma, but now it's hard to like the brand as much because they're endorsed by ISIS. Then again, they'd know a car that's best for off roading in the desert, right?
    Perhaps a Rally Fighter?

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by ferrus View Post
    I don't think anything can make up for having Chris Evans as the main host though. *shudder*
    My memory of him I think is where he replaced Steve wright on BBCR1, like Donovan is Britain's low rent Bob Dillon, so Chris Evans seems to be a pasty, ginger Howard Stern wannabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    I am a secret fan of Jay Leno's garage on Youtube. I don't give a damn about the sports cars, but the old and quirky vehicles are fascinating.
    I like those. The cars with aircraft engines are nuts.
    "Jesus was not a poof and neither was he married."
    -Guess who

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Totally!

Not ISIS related, but I did go camping in the desert in Jordan this one time, and I was like, Man... these dudes have some major similarities with the rednecks back home. Trucks and guns.

It was awesome, by the way.

Type
    INTP
    Also I get really distracted whenever I see a 2015 Mustang. They're just so... attractive... and virile. /notkidding

My one nitpick (aside from the fabricated engine noise in some models, which I don't notice anyway) is the sequential tail lights. I know some people love them, but I find them corny.

I also really love that many Mustangs come in lego colors. I love it. LOVE it. A mustang should never be beige.

Type
    INTP
    I also really want to love the Tesla, but they look so... ordinary... for what they are. I guess that's kind of the point.

Which isn't to say, if I lived in the NW, that I would say no if someone bought me one.

[The above posts are like 50% of my thoughts on cars.]

Type
    INTP
    I want to ban all automobiles everywhere. Electric, diesel, gas, kerosene, natural gas, fuel cell, JP4--all of them, everywhere for all time.

Replace them with human powered vehicles and watch vehicular homicide, obesity, and diabetes rates plummet while mean fitness levels rise through the stratosphere.

Fuck cars.

But while there here, I'll use them.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I want to ban all automobiles everywhere. . . .

Fuck cars.
    Fuck banners