Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Batman vs Superman - Your Questions Here *(Spoilers)*

Type
    INTP

Batman vs Superman - Your Questions Here *(Spoilers)*

My biggest question: what the f- did I just watch?

1). Towards the end, in the big battle between Batman & Superman, why did Batman want to kill Superman? It was established why Supes wanted to kill Batman, (or at least go to him & maybe reason), but what was Batman's reason for wanting to off Superman? Was that supposed to give him something?

2) What did Wonder Woman want from the encrypted data she "borrowed" from Bruce Wayne? She wanted a picture of her, I guess, but why? Why would she have been tracking Lex (Lex Jr??)/Lexcorp?

3) This is just dumb on my part but I probably came in 2 mins late. credits were still popping up and they kept showing Bruce Wayne's parents getting shot and young Bruce having fallen down the hole, what was the very opening shot and first couple of minutes? Anyone remember what the very first line of the V.O. was? I'm assuming they just showed from the beginning where the fam is confronted by the robber, but was there anything more?

I'll start there but may have more later on. Please feel free to include your questions, insight, theories or comments.

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I'm gonna see it tonight. I just watched this however:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/ba...leck/84969172/

I don't trust peoples reviews till I see it. People have a way of missing the point.
    Chocolate ding dong

Type
    INTP
    I totally saw the chair bomb coming. My question is why? We know Sen Holly Hunter wants to block the import of the material but it's not like Lexcorp couldn't smuggle it in w/out hassle. Why blow up the place, just to frame Supes and then use his new bomb? He could have done that on his own. Did he just want to be paid for it? Is that why he was trying to track other meta humans? I thought he just wanted to touch the dead alien, what does he gain in the process?

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Here's my question -- did you enjoy watching it? Would you recommend it?
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I've seen loads of reviews from friends and associates about how badly this movie sucked.
    Fuck that, I don't even want to watch it for free.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Osito Polar View Post
    Here's my question -- did you enjoy watching it? Would you recommend it?
    I never got out of analytical mode to enjoy it, really. I had only seen fragments of trailers and had forgotten certain people & characters were in it, so there were some momentary nice surprises. There are some decent talking points for those into the philosophical side of American comic books but really too many questions and issues get brought up and not resolved. It's hard to pick a side in some instances, so I get that. And, it'd also be hard when it comes to a debate like, is there a God, I can see why you wouldn't try to answer that. What I felt was lacking was a clear attempt to answer one such question over the course of the story that was being executed. Spiderman II had a great central question it delved into in addressing what is required of someone with the ability to stop evil, including at what cost to the hero? This also comes up in the Nolan batman films, what's acceptable to do in stopping evil? Batman had smaller questions like, "why do we fall down? So we can learn to pick ourselves back up." But that simple question becomes a focal point to building a story about redemption. Bat vs Supes was incomplete in that manner, so I couldn't give it a recommend. People I know who work in entertainment, particularly the creative side, writers, directors, set design, sf/x, writing score, costume, editors and even actors, I'd say to go see it, even though their world isn't likely to be of the $250M budget realm. There's a lot to sorta pick apart and sorta take note of the choices made and the pattern of things being put together. I think the thing was too overly stylized at points that didn't need to be, which in turn led to the thing having some eye roll moments and bloated in running time. There's prolly moments when pace coulda been picked up and tension gained through quick succession of events, which would have allowed for that lost 1/2 hour Snyder had to chop before WB was ready to release it.

I never got bored but I was thinking certain things could have been brought in sooner and elaborated on rather than the path they took, so it didn't build in excitement for me. Action sequences were worse than Nolan's but at least he had the decency to try to hide his short comings with smoke & mirrors. I didn't see it in 3D and pretty much forgot that was even an option. In some ways, it's less conventional than the past two Supes movies. The Bryan Singer one I hated, the last one I didn't think was any great shakes but not offensive. Those, though, were both tighter films. On the one hand, it wasn't cookie cutter faire, plenty to hold interest for me but I think some places where these sorta mini philosophies being brought up and done with the natural ease of two people differing in opinion. Eisenberg could be both a decent villain and clunky at times. Not sure who's to blame on that.

I'm all for cross germinating films but to try to make this with the touch of a film noir comes across heavy handed and this wasn't the script or story for that. I didn't hate it. I do wonder what the execs at Warners thought of it. There's so much on their plate and they're concerns are promoting and how well the thing opens but I wonder at what point, if at all, did they say, we really can't get a great film at this stage of the game, let's just clean this up and run with what we've got. Because unless they're hoping for a miracle overseas, I got a feeling they know they're not making Avengers type money on this thing. I wonder if they care that they're not showing Avengers type quality.

I wouldn't call it a hot assed mess but it failed. I could see how someone could get on board and not be too totally dismayed. To me, the worst superhero films over the past decade or so have been the paint by numbers one that lead to cliche schlock. I don't know if I'd say BvS took chances but it's failings weren't the same as say Spiderman 3 or X-Men 3. Well, one thing it did was like that of Spidey 3, but it didn't feel like a paint by numbers studio money grab like those.

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Fucking terrible. DC can't make movies.

Batfleck was decent though.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    8/10.

Pretty straightforward movie. Nothing too ridiculous, just pretty stinking boring. I would consider it more drama than action. I just look at it as a boring period in the life of batman, or a sunday for superman. The music was good. I like how the combat was similar to the Batman video games. It didn't have the epicness I'd hoped for.

Type
    INTP
    I don't get what all the disappointment was about...I thought it was rather fantastic. There were plenty of nods to those who are into the comics, and enough explanation for every detail that I've seen people whine about. The only thing I didn't like was the casting of Lois, which is the same thing I didn't like with Man of Steel. Lois is a tough reporter, not a Clark's-face-stroking-emo...

Bats wanted to kill Supes because Supes was dangerous/a threat...a power that went totally unchecked. Bats, being disturbed, had crafted a whole narrative about it, and that was quite evident through the whole film...I mean, all those dream sequences made it pretty obvious. You gotta remember that this is a Batman who had been at it for 20 years already...a Batman that had already lost his sidekick(Robin) to the Joker. Batfleck is actually my favourite version to date...he played the best Bruce, hands down...and even as Batman, Bruce came through. You could feel the weight of his backstory, and of all the battling that he'd been through in the past 20 years. Lex had very little to do to push Bats over the edge (the bomb, which Bats attributed to Supes, whether Supes planted it or not--because his presence = collateral damage, whether it was the thousands who were killed in the battle vs. Zod, or the folks in the court room. Bats saw Supes as a devastation magnet in the least, and the devastator at the worst.

Wonder Woman was there just so that folks could be introduced to her before her solo movie. She wasn't even after the data in the first place...she was just suspicious of Bruce, and she scooped his device because she caught him placing it. It served as a plot device to reveal part of her backstory.

I went in expecting something pretty bad, given all the negative reviews, but it was actually fantastic. I'd watch that over an Avengers film any day of the week...it was brimming with philosophy and psychology, and it gave the audience some (possibly undeserved) credibility for being half ways intelligent.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner