Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Legacy

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP

Your Legacy

What do you want to leave behind when you go? Some kind of mark on the world? Do you want to be remembered? Do you even care?

Type
    INTP
    I can't say I care. There are things I'd like to create or accomplish, but for the sake of legacy, posterity or such.

Type
    INTJ
    INTPx Award Winner
    I don't think I care per se, because I'm ultimately the product of my environment[s] plus a small amount of predisposed personality.
    My biggest concern is probably being recorded online in a negative way, for future generations, this early internet is going to be a curiosity, stored, indexed and cross referenced. It's going to be like a glimpse into an early civilization as they look back on the often trivial things that divided us.

I'm fine with being pretty much irrelevant and inconsequential as soon as 50 years from now. In a hundred years, I'll just be a name in the family tree for future related genealogists.

Type
    XXXX
    My bets aren't on humanity existing more than a couple hundred years from now, if that. Maybe the earth will remember me.

Type
    INFP
    I fantasize sometimes about receiving posthumous fame for one of my pet projects, like John Kennedy Toole or even Henry Darger in my wildest flights of fancy. I imagine my legacy will be as obscure as my life, unless somebody has my baby and it becomes the 21st century's Genghis Khan.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    That I hid behind an old lady from gunfire and died anyway.
    Chocolate ding dong

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Grape Jelly View Post
    That I hid behind an old lady from gunfire and died anyway.
    Pierced through the eye by one of her jagged skull fragments? Now you know what was on her mind!
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Type
    INTP
    Once I'm dead, I'll be too dead to worry about my legacy. Ideally I'd reap all the rewards of my work while I'm alive and disappear into obscurity the moment I die.

Type
    INTP
    "Didn't die. Merely became stronger than any could have imagined. Then started blowing shit up."
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I see myself haggard, greedily crouched down eating the rare blue bird the scientist is trying to preserve, then as they fret, I gorge the rest and run away.
    Chocolate ding dong