View Poll Results: Are you more afraid of snakes or spiders?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • I fear nothing.

9 40.91%
  • Spiders!

11 50.00%
  • Snakes!

2 9.09%
  • Both!

0 0%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you more afraid of?

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner

What are you more afraid of?

Snakes or spiders?

This one of those questions I have asked hundreds, maybe thousands of people.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Elitist Hipster Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I fear this thread for fear of seeing a spider. I screamed out loud on fb one time when I opened a 'homeowners find [biggest, nastiest spider]' link. It's by far the scariest image I've ever seen.
    Chocolate ding dong

Type
    xNxx
    spider bites, even though rattlesnake bites are way more common than black widow bites here. also, i realized through my research for my post on this thread that brown recluses don't actually have native populations in california- there have only been 10 confirmed brown recluses ever found here.

glad we had this talk

Type
    INTP
    I don't live in a region that has scary spiders or snakes, so neither in that sense. The only snake I might encounter is a garter snake, and they are sufficiently rare that if I come across one I might leap back like a cat on a cucumber, but once I realize it's just a harmless critter, I'm cool with it. Spiders around here are smallish, and they help rid my house of pests, so I leave them to their business.

I voted snakes since they tend to startle me on first encounter.

Type
    INTP
    Spiders because they have no fear of humans and cannot be reasoned with. Snakes will run away if you approach. Except for rattlesnakes, they too have no fear.

Type
    xNxx
    Paula was with several friends near her camp in Azusa Canyon Mountains, Azusa, California, she returned to her campsite alone to retrieve a tool when she was bitten by a rattlesnake. Paula attempt to hike back down to her friends, but collapsed on the path, she managed to get close enough that someone heard her faint call for help. A friend of Paula's picked her up and carried her down to where her other friends could help her. Unable to speak, Paula was not able to let anyone know she had been bitten. An ambulance was called and as paramedics were loading her into the ambulance Paula was finally able to get out the words "Snake bite". Paula was taken to nearby Foothill Presbyterian Hospital in Glendora, CA where she died a short time later
    JESUS

Type
    INtP
    Sometimes I see a stream of spiders coming out of electrical outlets. It's been a while though. I looked it up and I guess it's kind of normal. I didn't feel normal last time that happened. I'd be more worried about a snake indoors and probably spiders outdoors.
    The idea that there is more is essential to our humanity.

Type
    INFP
    I guess it comes down to which I find more off-putting in it's non-venemous form and that would be snakes. I don't think I'm phobic of either but I generally look at spiders like bros in the fight against mosquitoes who generally stay on their web. I'm aware that snakes have a role in the ecosystem but it's not as close to home.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

-
    Type
    xxxx
    I must admit I rather like snakes – their piercing eyes, their elegant way of moving, and the dry smoothness of their scales. They're beautiful beasts, generally.

Spiders... much less so.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I kinda like both.

Bees and wasps, on the other hand...
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao