Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Supplements that work for you

Type
    INTP
    Even water soluble vitamins can have toxicity at (unfortunately commonly sold) megadoses, even in otherwise well functioning bodies.

This isn't a rare occurrence.
    Don't remember changing this.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post

If you are deficient in B12 and you take it you will feel better. Much better. Even a slight deficiency will have serious side effects.
    If you are not deficient in B12 and you take it, you will feel the same.

Deficiencies are rare due to the fact that the body can store years worth of it for later. Most deficiencies are secondary issues. For example, PPIs can keep B12 from being absorbed. Old people produce less stomach acid and can have problems starting in the mid 60s. Vegans and breastfed infants of vegans who do nothing to address B12 intake have deficiencies more often than not. A genetic mutation in a certain glycoprotein present in normal genotypes can also cause deficiency, as can autoimmune disorders that target these glycoproteins. B12 deficiency in a person who is not starving and who has no digestive or genetic difficulties is almost unheard of.

Any B12 taken beyond the body's storage capacity + the amount that can be bound in the blood is pissed away. (unless you have liver disease or kidney disease or several other conditions in which case it will make you sick or kill you)

If you do not have a deficiency of B12 and you take B12 supplements every day, you are putting B12 in the toilet with a middleman. If you are a vegan, if you take PPIs, if you are old, or if you have a disease or disorder for which B12 intake is indicated by your doctor, you should take it.

If you have liver disease, your body may not be able to clear B12 and you can overdose on it or damage your liver by taking supplements. Oversupplementation can also increase blood pressure in the hypertensive, complicate gout, cause death in those with potassium deficiencies, interact with drugs, complicate certain cancer treatments, interfere with birth control, interfere with antibiotics, and create dangerous allergies.

Point being that one should recommend supplements responsibly.
    I meant take something more effective not take more vitamin B-12.

Type
    INtP
    I started takin magnesium recently. I do liquids because pills are hard on my tummy.

It tastes disgusting (very metallic), but so far orange juice is the best to mask it (usually use cranberry to mask stuff, but it was a really bad combo flavor wise).
    It seems to have decreased my PMS symptoms somewhat, but of course it could just be a coincidence or placebo affect.

I take oil of oregano and a vitamin B complex liquid supplement too (in the cranberry juice). I swear the oil of oregano helps with seasonal allergies and preventing colds. Not sure if the B complex is doing anything.

I also started taking a pre-made liquid supplement with hops, passion flower and valeria, among other extracts. It's for calming the nervous system (aka anxiety). It's probably in my head but I think it works...well, it's definitely in my head, but doing something seems to calm the physical symptoms of anxiety.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbage_Doll View Post
    I started takin magnesium recently. I do liquids because pills are hard on my tummy.

It tastes disgusting (very metallic), but so far orange juice is the best to mask it (usually use cranberry to mask stuff, but it was a really bad combo flavor wise).
    It seems to have decreased my PMS symptoms somewhat, but of course it could just be a coincidence or placebo affect.

I take oil of oregano and a vitamin B complex liquid supplement too (in the cranberry juice). I swear the oil of oregano helps with seasonal allergies and preventing colds. Not sure if the B complex is doing anything.

I also started taking a pre-made liquid supplement with hops, passion flower and valeria, among other extracts. It's for calming the nervous system (aka anxiety). It's probably in my head but I think it works...well, it's definitely in my head, but doing something seems to calm the physical symptoms of anxiety.
    What magnesium supplement were you using? You can try a magnesium oil spray (rubs into the skin). Also, a chelated form of magnesium probably won't cause stomach problems. AOR makes a good active b-complex and multivitamin (proper forms and dosages).

How do you score on the second part of the following quiz (without supplements): http://advancedpsychcare.tripod.com/...est.pdf#page=7? What about this one: http://www.theantiagingdoctor.com/survey.htm?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kari View Post
    Slight update - okay I'm DONE. Will research more in the new year just to keep up with findings. But for now I'm going to experiment with these in 2017.

Still, exercising and quitting smoking has been nothing short of alchemy for me.

Are you still using this stack? What are you taking now? I just realized many things are present in AOR Ortho-Core (my favorite multivitamin). Maybe you could start taking that to be better-rounded vitamin/mineralwise, then add whatever's missing/insufficient.

The Iodine Protocol opened my eyes (strongly/highly recommended, especially as you're female). I used 300 mg rather than 50 mg to ease detox symptoms, but that could be simulated by replacing Lugol's/Iodoral with SSKI. Liposomal C (same 3-6 grams) could be used for those 90 days to maximize any healing/sanitizing effects. Curezone has a forum dedicated to iodine.

I'm now taking 1 GRAM potassium iodide per day, but many settle on 12.5 mg Lugol's/iodoral during maintenance. Larger doses of iodine/iodide go well with uridine (75-150 mg sublingually; 500 - 1000 mg orally) and DHA (> 700 mg + EPA > 300 mg). And alpha-GPC, vitamin D (+ K), and vitamin A.

Silica (600-1200 mg bamboo extract or 12-24 mg monomethylsilanetriol) triggers/maintains collagen synthesis, which strengthens bones, slows/reverses wrinkling, and eliminates a need for other collagen supplements. Silica + MSM (also increases glutathione) + vitamin C keeps looking better and better.

Selenium (iodine protocol, so L-selenomethionine) triggers glutathione peroxidase synthesis.
    Last edited by baccheion; 12-31-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    @baccheion

Multivitamins invariably induce nausea for me. There must be some ingredient that always fucks it up.

Right now I just take the important stuff

Omega 3
    Astaxanthin
    Astragalus
    Curcumin
    White willow bark
    probiotic

What's the benefit of the iodine protocol? I have kelp extract so I take that once in a blue moon for iodine.

I'm also looking for more internal sunscreens besides astaxanthin.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Type
    xNxx
    Lots of smoothies! Discovered spinach/apple/water today: neon green and tastes amazing! it's very weird how good it tastes. I've been drinking one green smoothie a day and one banana-based smoothie (today's was bananas/peanuts/chia seed/coconut milk/frozen blueberries/hemp protein). I haven't found a good blend for broccoli yet, but kale/carrot works pretty well. I can't believe how good they make me feel. It feels like the vitamins are really bioavailable and hit me right away.

Type
    INTP
    - Melatonin - I think this is illegal in Australia? I can't find anything in stores besides homeopathic versions
    That's odd, I thought melatonin was basically harmless. As quick Google search says it's prescription only in Australia but you can get it shipped in from overseas for personal use.

Type
    INTP
    @baccheion

Multivitamins invariably induce nausea for me. There must be some ingredient that always fucks it up.

Right now I just take the important stuff

Omega 3
    Astaxanthin
    Astragalus
    Curcumin
    White willow bark
    probiotic

What's the benefit of the iodine protocol? I have kelp extract so I take that once in a blue moon for iodine.

I'm also looking for more internal sunscreens besides astaxanthin.
    Multivitamins are usually problematic for me as well, but I haven't had a problem with Ortho-Core. It also doesn't change urine color.

After Iodine Protocol, all that's needed is Ortho-Core, iodine, DHA (+ EPA + uridine), and maybe curcumin. And maybe a cycle of probiotics every few months (megadose iodine maintains/balances gut flora). Ortho-Core already has vitamins, minerals, astaxanthin (2 mg), zeaxanthin, lutein, R-alpha lipoic acid, grape seed extract, green tea extract, silica, N-acetyl cysteine, sulphoraphane, resveratrol (1.8 mg), quercetin, etc.

Iodine Protocol pushes out halogens (bromide, fluoride, etc). It also restores/balances thyroid function, resulting in improved cognition/clarity, hormone balance, energy, motivation, metabolism, weight/fat management, oral health, etc. Also, iodine is anti- parasite, bacteria, fungus, etc, and is a general antiseptic. For women, breast tissue is better protected against cancer, lumps, sagging/wear, etc.

https://iodinehealth.wordpress.com/iodine-protocol/

http://jeffreydachmd.com/wp-content/...e-Burst-ND.pdf

Also, megadose vitamin D: https://www.amazon.com/Miraculous-Re.../dp/1491243821 (see review content and preview, especially)

Magnesium oil spray can usually replace deodorant.
    Last edited by baccheion; 12-31-2017 at 08:49 AM.

Type
    INTJ
    Im using L-Theanine as im having ocassional panic attacks and anxiety, and i read that it can work against. It is not a total killer of my attacks but it absolutely helps me to calm down, and generally be more balanced. I also tried Magnolia for quite a time, but it wasnt as effective as L-Theanine is for me. Anyone else having experience with this Supplement.