Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: Supplements that work for you

Quote Originally Posted by LowIQLogan View Post
    Got a gig where I can work from home a few days a week. Turns out the weed policy is extremely lenient on those days, so here I am drinking magnesium. None of the three relieves the feelings of worthlessness tho.
    Did the magnesium help the pot anxiety though? Asking for a friend

Type
    InTP
    Quote Originally Posted by flurps View Post
    Did the magnesium help the pot anxiety though? Asking for a friend
    yes, I feel like it does
    "A new immortal appeared in front of you. Would you like preparations of inception?"

Type
    INTP
    D3 has had the most impact for me. Almost everything else is negligible in comparison.
    "All my heroes are dead" - John Zorn

"It's not selfish if you hate yourself"

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    who here uses korean red ginseng (panax ginseng)?? what do you use it for and how much does it help?

i had a piece of red ginseng *candy* yesterday and i swear to gawd this did things to my body that was... something i'm not used to, but i can use it. strategically. i deal with v long days, huge workload, at least one all nighter a week atm, severe stress and sometimes severe sleep deprivation. that little piece of candy seemed to give me fuel & momentum for like two days.

i can prob very easily get diagnosed with adhd too and i've read about some clinical studies saying red ginseng can help with some of the symptoms. i'm not big on supplements in general, so that's why i'm asking. like is it worth it??? idk. interested in hearing ur thoughts INTPx.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    who here uses korean red ginseng (panax ginseng)?? what do you use it for and how much does it help?

i had a piece of red ginseng *candy* yesterday and i swear to gawd this did things to my body that was... something i'm not used to, but i can use it. strategically. i deal with v long days, huge workload, at least one all nighter a week atm, severe stress and sometimes severe sleep deprivation. that little piece of candy seemed to give me fuel & momentum for like two days.

i can prob very easily get diagnosed with adhd too and i've read about some clinical studies saying red ginseng can help with some of the symptoms. i'm not big on supplements in general, so that's why i'm asking. like is it worth it??? idk. interested in hearing ur thoughts INTPx.
    It's the only supplement I take but I dilute each one of these viles with 1/2 gallon of water and drink a cup a day (I haven't made a batch lately but I will soon). The instructions say to drink a whole vial or two but I was trying to go by the studies I read. The conversion from the 10 C.C. per vial to what I read in the studies was difficult and I don't know if I got it right. I noticed no effect but I don't keep a regular schedule so I always feel a little different and it's hard to tell if a change is out of the ordinary for me. Here are the notes I have on ginseng:

Ginseng

http://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_GB/...C500167385.pdf

"...limited recommended daily dose of 6 g and duration of use for not longer than three months..."

"Each of the following mentioned preparations is authorised in the respective member state..."

Preparation: Powdered herbal substance (Red Ginseng), standardised to 6% ginsenosides

Hard capsules, Once daily 2-3 capsules, up to 2 times daily 3 capsules (300 mg powdered herbal substance per capsule)

As a cure: For the first two months 2 times daily 2-3 capsules. A duration of use of 6 months is recommended.

Indication: Asthenia, such as lack of concentration, fatigue, weakness, tiredness, lack of vitality or in convalescence

---

Korean Ginseng (Panax ginseng)

https://www.swansonvitamins.com/cont...n-ginseng.html

"[Germany's] Commission E approves a dosage of 1 to 2 grams per day of dried root, or preparations providing the equivalent, and reports no known side effects at this dosage range. However, some herbalists do not recommend its use during pregnancy or lactation, and urge women of menstruating age to use the herb with caution. Research indicates that ginseng has no toxic effect with long-term use."

---

http://meschinohealth.com/article/ginseng/

Dosage and Standardized Grade
    1.Immune Stimulation (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, weakened immune status):100-500 mg per day in divided doses (std to 4-8 percent ginsenoside content) Panax Ginseng is considered to be the best choice for this purpose.1, 2
    For Siberian Ginseng consider 100-200 mg per day in divided doses (20:1 extract)1

2.Weight Loss or Ergogenic Athletic Aid: 200 mg per day in divided doses (Panax Ginseng std to 4-8 percent ginsenoside content)32

3.General Anti-Stress Support: 100-200 mg per day (Panax Ginseng std to 4-8 percent ginsenoside content)33

4.Postmenopausal Support for Women: 100-500 mg per day in divided doses. (std to 4-8 percent ginsenoside content Panax Ginseng)1

5.Male Infertility and Erectile Dysfunction: 100-500 mg per day in divided doses (std to 4-8 percent ginsenosides content Panax Ginseng)1

6.Type II Diabetes and Syndrome X: 200 mg per day (100 mg, twice daily with meals) (std to 4-8 percent ginsenoside content Panax Ginseng)1
    B. Must consult the attending physician prior to Ginseng use in these cases

7.Adjunct to Chemotherapy or Radiation Treatment: Siberian Ginseng 300-400 mg per day in divided doses (20:1 extract)21
    B. Long-term Ginseng supplementation usually involves a cycling effect with a two to three week non-use period, every 30 to 60 days1, 2

I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    thx Bar111.

urge women of menstruating age to use the herb with caution.
    hmmm time to google.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    xNxx
    Ginseng was the first adaptogen I tried and I never really liked it, it made me jittery. There's a few forms of it and I don't think I like any of them. Ashwagandha on the other hand is awesome.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post

Maybe you need more norepinephrine. Nootropics Depot sells pure ginseng powder (and capsule versions, probably). You may also like SEMAX (+ selank + alpha-GPC).