Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Living in the Woods

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    But people take jobs where they show off their bodies for money because it pays well and they're comfortable showing off their bodies. They want you to enjoy yourself(and tip accordingly).
    ^This. I haven't been to a Hooter's in a while, but I've seen hot chicks working in normal bars wearing equally (or more) revealing clothing. Those girls know which side of their bread is buttered.

Type
    INTP
    This is my last week of vacation before the semester starts again. It's been a long, busy, fulfilling break and it's very good to have this break-within-a-break before things are back in gear.

About the woods: Autumn and Winter are the best. It was warm, then very cold (snow!), then another gusting, balmy warm front. Snow meant fires and egg nog and hay rides. Warm means spending all day outside on the playground, in the park, on the lake. And no FUCKING mosquitoes, thanks to the cold spells. Fuck you, mosquitoes.

Living in the woods outside of a Grade D city has its perks. Mainly solitude. Company can be nice, but I especially appreciated us having the playground and the park and the lake to ourselves.

I thought for sure we'd see a fox or a deer when the sun went down, but just birds, squirrels, and a couple of turtles.

I love it when I can spend a day with my kiddo like this.
    Too bad, Lady Une. You were far too lenient.
    As a soldier, yes. But as a civilian I lived an austere life.

Type
    INTP
    Kiddo started out in his own bed, around midnight got in my bed, by 3 was horizontal and by 4 was actively trying to kick me out of bed. So I scooped him up and put him back in his own bed.

He settled down to sleep. I was awake. Still moderately drowsy.

So I'm lying in bed on the verge of drifting back off to sleep when I start hearing this deep, repetitive hum. It's like elsewhere in the house someone's alarm is going off and the phone's on vibrate. Except that usually an alarm will shut itself off after being ignored a few times as this thing keeps going on and on and on.

After nearly an hour I give up on sleep and go investigate.

It's definitely coming from outside. This deep, resonant, repetitive call. Coming from the lake.

It sounds like a goose but I think it's just a loud fucking frog.