30 81.08%
  • Stay

7 18.92%
Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061

Thread: Brexit - Britain leaving the European Union

Type
    INFJ
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    And as I pointed out, you used to make some of the worst in the world. Are you saying you don't want to compete and want to return to the protectionism afforded by the empire? That's gone if you hadn't noticed. You pulled out and left the former colonies to go their own way in 1973.
    No I'm saying we should stop allowing a cartel of private banks create our money from nothing and then charge interest on it

Thats why the head of the bank of england is a private banker, ex goldman sachs man Mark carney and not an MP with ministerial oversight because the bank of england is a cartel of private banks with shareholders not the governmental treasury

I'm suggesting we use a new currency for example the bradbury pound which has already been used in the past

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by mara View Post
    No I'm saying we should stop allowing a cartel of private banks create our money from nothing and then charge interest on it

Thats why the head of the bank of england is a private banker, ex goldman sachs man Mark carney and not an MP with ministerial oversight because the bank of england is a cartel of private banks with shareholders not the governmental treasury

I'm suggesting we use a new currency for example the bradbury pound which has already been used in the past

I'm getting the impression you just regurgitate some nonsense from a Youtube video without actually having sufficient knowledge to critique it.

Type
    INFJ
    I'm getting the impression you just regurgitate some nonsense from a Youtube video without actually having sufficient knowledge to critique it.
    which video do you mean?

The clip by Prof Hudson?

What he's saying is that instead of bailing out the banks the debts should have been written down to the ability to pay. By bailing out the failed banks the politicians showed who their true constituents were: the bankers NOT the public

Then they announced that they would have to cut back public services ('austerity'). Also they announce that as the country is struggling it will need to sell off its public assets in government 'firesales' which is what we saw greece do when it started selling islands and other tangible assets

And who has the money to buy the assets at knock down prices? The global investors who were the creditors of the banks. It is them who get the bail out money.

This is why Oxfam keeps releasing reports saying that the top 1% of the world own more then the bottom....whatever it is upto now...i don't know is it like 70% or more now? Its going up and up because all the wealth is being transferred into a smaller and smaller number of private hands

The bank bailouts were the biggest heist in history

Type
    intp

Why use a fiat currency like the Bradbury Pound that was issued to prevent a run on the banks which held capital of about a hundredth of the quantity of currency issued?

Type
    INFJ
    Why use a fiat currency like the Bradbury Pound that was issued to prevent a run on the banks which held capital of about a hundredth of the quantity of currency issued?
    because it can be printed by the government treasury department interest free instead of by a cartel of private banks looking to make a profit

Type
    INTP
    Tony Benn & Roy Jenkins debate a European Referendum (1975)

The original Brexit movement was pushed by the Left (of Labour) on grounds of Sovereignty & Industry

Still relevant today.

Additional:

Last edited by Sinny; 01-16-2018 at 12:57 AM.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    INTP

The bank bailouts were the biggest heist in history
    It's not a recession, it's a robbery!
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)