• Stay

11 25.58%
Page 101 of 101 FirstFirst ... 519199100101
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1010

Thread: Brexit - Britain leaving the European Union

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Brexit explained using a cup of tea analogy...

While the analogy is clever and culturally fitting, I have to say that this is also one example why I don't watch Mock the Week anymore. It's not their political leanings, it's the one-sidedness of their leanings. What I'd give for political satire putting both sides against one another; now that would be an epic battle of wits and wit.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    What I'd give for political satire putting both sides against one another.
    There's no both sides. It's taken over two years and all we have is a constitutional crisis.

Type
    INTP
    While the analogy is clever and culturally fitting, I have to say that this is also one example why I don't watch Mock the Week anymore. It's not their political leanings, it's the one-sidedness of their leanings. What I'd give for political satire putting both sides against one another; now that would be an epic battle of wits and wit.
    Yeah, what typically boring humour... "Britain is like a tea bag... "

Ha, ha, harrr.

Not.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    There's no both sides. It's taken over two years and all we have is a constitutional crisis.
    "We"? I thought you mentioned recently that you're from New Zealand. My apologies if I am mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Yeah, what typically boring humour... "Britain is like a tea bag... "

Ha, ha, harrr.

Not.
    To be fair, thanks to having been corrupted by the Internet, I was gleefully expecting a fair bit of innuendo upon reading the title, so that may have contributed to my disappointment.

Type
    INTJ
    True. I was also recently watching the Mash report too and it started out a little crafty, but has migrated into a full blown, political and virtue signalling onslaught with a sprinkling of identity politics.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    True. I was also recently watching the Mash report too and it started out a little crafty, but has migrated into a full blown, political and virtue signalling onslaught with a sprinkling of identity politics.
    They are legitimately funny though..

You have some weird 1970's humour going on, but.. you're just not down with kids.

^^^
    Take heed old man.
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

Type
    INTP
    Theresa May Speech this evening:

"So, today, I have written to Donald Tusk the President of the European Council to request a short extension of Article 50 up to the 30th of June to give MPs the time to make a final choice.

"Do they want to leave the EU with a deal which delivers on the result of the referendum, that takes control of our money borders and laws while protecting jobs and our national security?

"Do they want to leave without a deal, or do they not want to leave at all causing potentially irreparable damage to public trust not just in this generation of politicians but to our entire democratic process?

"It is high time we made a decision.

"So far, Parliament has done everything possible to avoid making a choice.

"Motion after motion and amendment after amendment has been tabled without Parliament ever deciding what it wants.

"All MPs have been willing to say is what they do not want.

"I passionately hope MPs will find a way to back the deal I've negotiated with the EU, a deal that delivers on the result of the referendum and is the very best deal negotiable.

"And I will continue to work night and day to secure the support of my colleagues, the DUP and others for this deal.

"But I am not prepared to delay Brexit any further than the 30th of June.

"Some argue that I'm making the wrong choice and I should ask for a longer extension to the end of the year or beyond to give more time for politicians to argue over the way forward.

"That would mean asking you to vote in European elections nearly three years after our country decided to leave.

"What kind of message would that send? And just how bitter and divisive would that election campaign be at a time when the country desperately needs bringing back together.

"Some have suggested holding a second referendum.

"I don't believe that's what you want and it is not what I want.

"We asked you the question already and you've given us your answer.

"Now you want us to get on with it.

"And that is what I am determined to do."
    The Speaker of the House quoted constitutional law from 1604 in order to block her presenting the house of parliament with her deal for the THIRD time.

She intends to fight the speaker of the house (John Berkow) so that parliament vote on her deal for a THIRD time.

The EU have said they will only extend Brexit (to June 30th) if parliament agree to the deal.

Haha, I cannot wait for this government to IMPLODE.

#GeneralElectionNOW

So May is facing off with parliament and the EU, "take my deal or accept no deal".

This is one big game of CHICKEN.
    Last edited by Sinny; Yesterday at 10:34 PM.

Type
    intp
    Chances are better than even that you'll be out of the EU next Friday...

Type
    INTP
    I doubt it. I mean the EU can keep them in the union eternally by continually granting them extensions and refusing to renegotiate a new deal. It will be like the whole exit clause was never triggered.

Type
    INTP
    Also a petition has exceeded the 100, 000 signatures needed to be debated by parliament, in a single day.