Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stanford Sexual Assault Discussion

Type
    INFP

Stanford Sexual Assault Discussion

Last edited by Blorg; 06-10-2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Wouldn't have started a thread with a post like that :/
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    Is there anyone here who defends Aaron Persky's decision? (just out of curiosity. I want to find more people to be angry at.)
    Sure.

Give him a long sentence he rots in prison for a bit and leaves to obscurity to live out his life as a sex offender.

Give him a short sentence, everyone knows his name, everyone knows his face, everyone knows how shitty his family is and news articles about him plaster every corner of the internet and everyone knows he's a rapist til the end of time.

But i guess the angry mobs aren't satisfied until he gets his share of prison rape.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    Sure.

Give him a long sentence he rots in prison for a bit and leaves to obscurity to live out his life as a sex offender.

Give him a short sentence, everyone knows his name, everyone knows his face, everyone knows how shitty his family is and news articles about him plaster every corner of the internet and everyone knows he's a rapist til the end of time.

But i guess the angry mobs aren't satisfied until he gets his share of prison rape.
    Omg I almost agree with you, that's infuriating
    "Better not to feel too much until the crisis ends—and if it never ends, at least we’ll have suffered a little less, developed a useful dullness...The constant—and very real—fear of being hurt, the fear of death, of intolerable loss, or even of “mere” humiliation, leads each of us, the citizens and prisoners of the conflict, to dampen our own vitality, our emotional and intellectual range, and to cloak ourselves in more and more protective layers until we suffocate." - Toni Morrison

Type
    intp
    Sure.

Weird, would've expected you to be more of a pro-rapist kinda guy.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Sure.

Regardless of what you think works best, public shaming/living in fear isn't a legally recognized sentence. The legally recognized sentence is 6 months in this case. Even if he became a target for vigilante justice while walking around as a free man (which I'd personally be fine with), that doesn't mean the justice system isn't failing here, in fact it means exactly that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    Weird, would've expected you to be more of a pro-rapist kinda guy.
    I find this comment really uncalled for.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I find this comment really uncalled for.
    I have lots of things to say to that, but I'll go ahead and let Neville fight his own battles.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

a fool on a journey pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Regardless of what you think works best, public shaming/living in fear isn't a legally recognized sentence.
    It sort of is, he's going to have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Lud View Post
    I have lots of things to say to that, but I'll go ahead and let Neville fight his own battles.
    Are you guys gonna have a troll-off?

Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    It sort of is, he's going to have to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
    Yeah, but I think that's essentially to protect society.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    Are you guys gonna have a troll-off?

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    Regardless of what you think works best, public shaming/living in fear isn't a legally recognized sentence. The legally recognized sentence is 6 months in this case. Even if he became a target for vigilante justice while walking around as a free man (which I'd personally be fine with), that doesn't mean the justice system isn't failing here, in fact it means exactly that.
    Maybe we should just skip all the formalities and go with a thunderdome approach.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”