Thread: High IQ Forum

Retired
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Avoiding joining to get in a music argument there
    Which one? We could show up together and play a round of good cop - bad cop

Quote Originally Posted by OrionzRevenge View Post
    Well in all fairness c was a bit of a Troll Training Camp and you can't really blame folks for acting Roman in Rome. When the giant squid dragged the Essex asunder, Ptah & Friends graciously built us this Ark to float away on.
    Splendidly put.

Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Maybe, but that's prosody, not semantic. It changes the flow, not the meaning. Still no grammatical errors. Just a little stilted--but what do expect from High-IQ INTP's stating their lack of superiority to the unwashed masses? Of course it's going to be stilted--as a cue to the unintentional irony of sounding hoity toity whilst asserting your irrelevance.
    Allow me to translate your post to Sappho-speak: "I agree with what you said and I'm cool with it, but I just wanted to point out yet another detail in this hair-splitting discussion"?

Zombie Jesus Bloody School Daze's Avatar
    Type
    xNTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    https://www.highiqforum.com/threads/...-high-iq.2100/

Soooo... whose gonna be the brave ambassador that invites those INTP folks over to this forum. Cause if they screen people for smarts, I'm out.
    Already have the signup page.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Which one? We could show up together and play a round of good cop - bad cop

Splendidly put.

Allow me to translate your post to Sappho-speak: "I agree with what you said and I'm cool with it, but I just wanted to point out yet another detail in this hair-splitting discussion"?
    Alternate: "You got to the scene of the crash first. I salute you as the first responding first responder, and my envy spurs me to spit on the ashes. Good job."
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

facta non verba interprétation erronée's Avatar
    Type
    INxx
    LOL, sounds just like Hustler.

There Hi IQ criterion is 120, and based on Hustler's challenge, I'd imagine almost everyone here meets that.
    I gotta 96 irl. "Draw this complicated geometric image from memory?... Wow perfect. Now in this writing exercise improvise a game and explain it... What's solubrious mean? Don't feel bad your score doesn't define your self worth" or some such... *silently critiquing* "Um you talk fast and have horrible Filipino diction" lol hilarious -- student admin; go figure. I officially start an actual degree in math with a stats concentration in a couple weeks. But maybe I'm better suited for a career in burger flipping... Bah! Being slow is a refreshing perspective.
    Last edited by interprétation erronée; 01-20-2017 at 05:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Limes View Post
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INxx
    Muah:
    2. Say an average child is mentored by an inarguably brilliant teacher from any century, say Feynman or someone. If you argued from the position for a possibility the kid could be pigmalioned into transcending their genetic predisposition for averageness, why would it work, what would the process look like, and what is your estimation of the ceiling for the child's potential?
    Guess Who:
    I teach children and am arguably a brilliant teacher. There are so many problems that hold children back from reaching their true potential (e.g. laziness, lack of confidence, depression, family conflict, a lack of brain stimulation in early childhood, negative parental or cultural attitudes towards education). I haven't given any thought to how to help children exceed their potential. Given that there are so many children who are failing to live up to their potential, I think that trying to get some children to exceed their potential is a waste of time.

I do notice that their seems to be a ceiling with some students. I teach Physics and know that there are some students who are simply not cut out for Physics. A good teacher could help such student to understand to small degree but I don't believe they would be able to understand Physics in a meaningful sense. This is not to say that people who aren't cut out for Physics have no value.

The way to help children reach their potential or at least get closer to it is truth and love. That's the approach I take and I have many examples of students who I have helped that have been put in the too hard basket by other teachers.
    There's hope. Please feed me truth and love INTPc... heh.
    Jan Bonclay
    “If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.” ― Malcolm X

Type
    INxx
    LOL, sounds just like Hustler.

There Hi IQ criterion is 120, and based on Hustler's challenge, I'd imagine almost everyone here meets that.
    Pretty sure I'd get in.
    Jan Bonclay