Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mashy's Sketchbook

Type
    xxxx
    Woaah that was fast! Awesome!
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    xxxx

Finally *finished* a painting of my ex that I've procrastinated on for half a year. Why do I still fantasise about getting back with him, even tho I broke up with him, I'm a right idiot

btw painting is fucking hard. Still so much to learn. luckily I have a lifetime

compare this painting to my first painting ever, created at age 17:

I think I have more control over colour and stuff. I haven't touched pthalo blue in years.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    The Modern Lovers feat. two of my best friends
    You've done a great painting! Your skill continues to improve. I am intrigued about the meaning behind this particular work. The artist has the prerogative not to discuss the symbolism in their artworks, so feel free to say nothing. What can you share?
    On the wrong side of history

Type
    xxxx
    I like using motifs associated with violence in scenes of love. They exist in the same realm - that of arousal, action, energy. The opposite is lethargy, boredom, inertia. It was also inspired by Magritte's The Lovers. His painting was surreal in the sense that there exists intimacy and disconnect in the same act. Intimacy despite isolation. In my painting there is intimacy in isolation.

Type
    xxxx
    My first art showcase

Managed to sell a few stuff but mostly to friends, who I will be forever indebted to.

My next goal... a small gallery!

My fav is the blonde girl holding flowers (although not holding them, she is too me). It reminds me of the time a girl ran in HS when I gave her flowers, only in the painting she's not running.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.