View Poll Results: How many of you wear a watch every day?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0%-25%

18 69.23%
  • 26%-50%

2 7.69%
  • 51%-75%

4 15.38%
  • 76%-100%

9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you wear a watch daily?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

How many of you wear a watch daily?

Yeah, these are silly choices, but so is Trump and Hillary. Yeah, I went there girlfriend!

But seriously, just post and tell me what you can about your watch. Is it a dress watch, a sports watch, do you wear it every day, etc. I was thinking of getting a watch that works with a suit as well as a tee shirt. I wanted a dirt cheap Ebay watch, and there are tons of them that look good in photos but few that meet my requirements. The biggest problem is that they're usually too wide. Four cm is too wide for me. And I'd rather not have a white or black face. I'd prefer it to blend. So tan or some pattern to mute the whiteness or blackness may work. At this point I'd jump at a cheap watch that meets my style requirements because it would feel like a big achievement to find one.

Persona Oblongata OrionzRevenge's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    I haven't worn one for many years.
    I used to work in a wet chem lab and shit canned the wristwatch for a pocket watch because of too great a risk of damage.
    Once cell phones came along the need for a pocket watch was supplanted
    Creativity is the residue of time wasted. ~ Albert Einstein

-
    Type
    xxxx
    What a stupid poll. No offence. Couldn't you have asked "How often do you wear a watch?" That would have been enlightening.

Like most musicians, I don't wear a watch. I have a pocket watch which needs fixing, however.

Esteemed Wart Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    I like having a watch. My last one got destroyed. Now I'm probably gonna get a G shock but from Ebay most likely. Way cheaper.
    Lowest hanging fruit

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    I have a pocket watch which needs fixing, however.
    Just when I thought you couldn't get any more European.

Also, yes, this poll doesn't make any damn sense.

I wear this watch:

and I like it quite a bit. The Citizen Eco-Drive has a reputation for longevity among solar quartz watches. It should last over a decade before the internal battery loses most of its charge capacity, but even then it should continue to run for a long time without replacing the battery, as long as it's exposed to sunlight regularly. I'm glad I paid extra for a model with a sapphire crystal because I'm clumsy and I'm sure the thing would be scratched to hell already if I hadn't. The luminescence isn't overly bright but it's enough to tell what time it is at night, long after the face has been in darkness. And I like the style, I think it goes well with pretty much anything. I've still got the metal bracelet on it but I'm sure at some point I'll try out a leather or canvas band.

Type
    xxxx
    i wear this watch

but lately i haven't cuz i don't wanna get it all sweaty. i used to wear a watch every day when i had an old, shitty one, and that's my preference. once i need to start dressing better again &/or being generally super on top of my shit i'll go back to wearing one.

Type
    INTP
    I used to wear a watch everyday and stopped sometime when I was in college. Probably because I got a mobile phone and realized I didn't really need it. Also I've pretty much spent large chunks of my day in front of a computer since then.

I had a swatch watch as a kid and used to play with it during class instead of paying attention.

Type
    INTP
    I never wear a watch, though I do occasionally wear a dive computer.

Type
    INTP
    I don't wear a watch. Like most musicians, I also have a broken pocketwatch I don't carry and will never get repaired because in all likelihood, it was cheaper than the repairs.

But I really like pocketwatches, so it makes me happy to have even a broken one.

Cell phones do not count as pocketwatches.
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.