View Poll Results: How many of you wear a watch every day?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • 0%-25%

18 69.23%
  • 26%-50%

2 7.69%
  • 51%-75%

4 15.38%
  • 76%-100%

9 34.62%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How many of you wear a watch daily?

Type
    INtP
    I wear a fitbit nearly everyday that has a watch component.

I can't remember the last time I owned or wore a wristwatch.

Senior Member Snake Champion
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I don't wear a watch. Like most musicians, I also have a broken pocketwatch I don't carry and will never get repaired because in all likelihood, it was cheaper than the repairs.
    Wut you're a musician? / incredulous.

You must slap a good bass.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I have been wearing this watch daily since April of 2014...I pre-ordered it. It's the Samsung Gear 2, their Tizen OS watch with microphone, speaker, and camera. No one has come up with another smartwatch that has all these things since. I wish it was android rather than Tizen but other than that, I have no regrets. Three days ago the band broke. I'll get a new band in from Amazon tomorrow. I felt that guilty twinge when I bought it...you know the one that says you are worried you might be getting one of those things you'll never use, but that hasn't been the case at all.

I'm pretty impressed with the durability. Other than a scratch I got the first week and the broken band from a few days ago, the thing looks brand new, the battery has held up, and it has become an indispensable part of my daily toolkit. I miss it quite a lot more than I realized I would.

Since the band broke, I've had to make the following adjustments...it's been quite noticeable:

I have to keep my ringer on on my phone because I won't get a buzz on my wrist when someone calls/texts. (I can individually exclude/include apps for notifications and within some apps, individually exclude certain people so that I don't have a buzzathon going on all day driving me nuts)
    I have to find my phone in order to answer it/see who called. (I've become accustomed to just answering calls on my wrist.)
    I cannot fast forward to the next song without getting my phone out. (This is particularly useful when jogging with the phone in an armband.)
    I cannot look at my wrist to see how many hours I've been asleep when I get up to pee.
    I cannot set a timer that can't get left in another room when I am cooking/doing laundry/etc. to remind me of the next step, or to switch out laundry, or whatever.
    I have to use my phone to take pictures of funny license plates or whatever when I'm walking through the parking lot.
    I don't have a thing on my wrist that can make my phone ring when I can't find it. Additionally I don't get a little buzz when I leave my phone behind. And I don't have my phone automagically unlocked when I'm around it.
    When I get little ideas while I'm gardening or whatever, I can't just voice memo them on my wrist.

They no longer make this watch.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Wait, are we voting on what percentage of us wear a watch every day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    I have to find my phone in order to answer it/see who called. (I've become accustomed to just answering calls on my wrist.)

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    Wait, are we voting on what percentage of us wear a watch every day?
    Yes. Because each of us knows the answer to this, and for some reason that answer would vary.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Yes. Because each of us knows the answer to this, and for some reason that answer would vary.
    Indeed! Thus I believe it must be a philosophical question.

It is not to be dismissed entirely that BarIII may merely be trying to ascertain the percentage of existentialists and solipsists on the board.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Hair flip.

Like I totally have to find my phone before I can answer it. This is so aaaanoooying. I don't see how you people cope.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    I picked all the choices. I can't lose!