Page 297 of 299 FirstFirst ... 197247287295296297298299 LastLast
Results 2,961 to 2,970 of 2987

Thread: Unpopular Opinions

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Modigliani sucks. He isn't a modern artist, he just didn't know how to paint. He had tremendous charisma, but neither talent nor skill.
    I just googled him. I think his technique is skilled (it's hard to paint like that) but his figures are disturbing. They remind me of the really ugly woman in that one Junji Ito horror comic.

Spoiler: comparison

I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Banned
    Type
    XXXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I barely ever watch TV at all anymore, but from what I have seen of MSNBC, calling it Fox News for Democrats (the left and the Democratic Party are two wholly different things that have absolutely fuck all to do with each other 99% of the time, though) actually strikes me as an entirely accurate characterization.

I mean I could see it being plausible that they don't get easily caught flagrantly telling obvious lies nearly as often as Fox does, but even so it's clearly not an institution designed to actually inform people about anything. Just constant ham-fisted and simplistic Skinnerian button-pushing to build up knee-jerk team-sport loyalty and suppress willingness to give any consideration to ideas outside of the defined institutional orthodoxy.

Basically if you're the sort of person who regards having a membership card in a political party as a substitute for coming up with your own opinions, it's there for you to regularly check in and get updates on what you've been assigned to believe this week by the DNC.
    You know, I've characterized MSNBC as "like Fox News" and I've received significant pushback on that (not here, IRL). Glad that I'm not the only one who thinks of it that way.

I guess it bugs me because people present themselves as more rational or more critical or intellectual than the people who watch Fox NEws, but then they go and watch a network that does the exact same thing Fox News does.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I like pink slime as a concept. I think it could do with some bolstering but is underused for the purpose of making interesting meat sculpture.

But the thing I like most about pink slime is that the most vocally outraged by it are often the same people that will wax ecstatic about how the native americans used every part of the 'murican bison.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    I like pink slime as a concept. I think it could do with some bolstering but is underused for the purpose of making interesting meat sculpture.

But the thing I like most about pink slime is that the most vocally outraged by it are often the same people that will wax ecstatic about how the native americans used every part of the 'murican bison.
    And bone broth, which is theoretically healthy when not contaminated with lead, is like pink slime extract. I don't think I ever heard specifically what's unhealthy about pink slime.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

"You look late twenties" - LordLatch

Type
    INTx
    Milk is not an appropriate beverage for adults. Soda is not an appropriate beverage for anybody. *enjoying a cup of coffee with cream*
    You hide behind caveats and modifiers. - Lurker

Type
    INTP
    Coconut water tastes like the sweat of a dehydrated morbidly obese man walking through downtown Phoenix, Arizona at the hottest time of the day.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    Coconut water tastes like the sweat of a dehydrated morbidly obese man walking through downtown Phoenix, Arizona at the hottest time of the day.

What does coconut milk taste like?
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    What does coconut milk taste like?
    I'd tell you but this is supposed to be a family show.

Type
    INXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigmata View Post
    I'd tell you but this is supposed to be a family show.
    I have discovered that the fact I asked the question doesn't necessarily mean I want to know the answer and that's why I get extra credit.
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.

Type
    INTP
    Women who become mothers become inherently uninteresting to me. Unless they are really bad mothers, in which case, how their incompetency as a parent affects the development of a human being becomes fascinating to me.