Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stick em up

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Stick em up

My left shoulder is screwed up, maybe from sleeping. It gets this bad occasionally and I'm hoping it will heal again but I'm wondering...how many of you could raise your arm up and, without tilting your head, press your bicep against your head? I can't do that with my left arm at the moment.

Type
    xxxx
    i can, easily.

Type
    INFP
    So what you're saying is I'm in tremendous condition.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    INTP
    I can but it was slightly more of a strain than I thought it would be. I feel like I need to do more yoga.

Type
    INTP
    With my left I can just barely. Can't with my right. I have never been really flexible though. I could never touch my toes without bending my knees or anything like that, even as a kid.

Actually, even with my left arm I wouldn't call it pressing. I can't hold it there. I can get it to touch for a second.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yes, definitely. Not difficult whatsoever.

Sounds like your shoulder's fucked up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ptah View Post
    No history, no exposition, no anecdote or argument changes the invariant: we are all human beings, and some humans are idiots.

Type
    INTP
    Indeed. It's trivial. I don't think anything needs to be stretched enough such that flexibility is even relevant.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by BarIII View Post
    My left shoulder is screwed up, maybe from sleeping. It gets this bad occasionally and I'm hoping it will heal again but I'm wondering...how many of you could raise your arm up and, without tilting your head, press your bicep against your head? I can't do that with my left arm at the moment.
    It's been over 6 months and it's not at its worst but the pain is still there when I try this, and now my right shoulder hurts when I do this too. Maybe it's from sleeping on my right side to let my left side heal, even though I changed my arm position to something less stressful. I guess I should sleep on my back. I think it's a rotary cuff tear and my shoulder will never be the same.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.

Type
    INTP
    Have you seen a doctor? Seems like something you might want to get checked out if it's been going on that long.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    Have you seen a doctor? Seems like something you might want to get checked out if it's been going on that long.
    No but I read several things about it. It could take a year to heal without surgery. The results you get from surgery in the rare cases when it's recommended aren't so thrilling. Also, I think this is something that could wait. I think tissue has to be cut so will bleed and adhere to the bone, and that can be done at any time. Then there are anchors and wire or something that hold the tissue against the bone. I may have a doctor check it out eventually.
    I will accept no further friend requests. This doesn't mean I don't love you or anything so don't be offended.