chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Geller sucks at grammar. He should be saying "Renoir sucked at painting". Admittedly, Renoir's skills took a pretty steep dive on his demise. But he hasn't put out much since then either, so...

edit: in case it isn't obvious, the choice to assault the grammar rather than the idiocy behind it was a deliberate parallel and reflects my opinion of his opinion.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP

Also about Renoir

Impressionism and Blindness

Most well known "modern" artists were either blind or had severe "issues." It seems that the really great artists were no longer needed as photography was taking effect, and reproducing images became less interesting than screwed up perspectives. . .

Type
    INTP
    I'm amused at the Renoir thing because it resonates with my view on the arts with regards to masters/classics. They are simply anointed as such by the artistic community for what seems like almost arbitrary reasons.

chaotic neutral shitpost
    Type
    xxxx
    re: renoir sucks at painting

my interpretation is that it's not about renoir at all. it'd be hard to explain without giving the joke away to people who are the butt of it in one way or another. and it's making fun of a lot of people.
    WORKJIGGLYPLAY
    HARDxBUTTxHARD

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    re: renoir sucks at painting

my interpretation is that it's not about renoir at all. it'd be hard to explain without giving the joke away to people who are the butt of it in one way or another. and it's making fun of a lot of people.
    That's what I'm hoping too. But you never know.
    Most of time, when people ask why something terrible happened, they don't realize they are looking for someone to blame.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    The Instagram account has more than 2,400 followers, and has even received the wrath of Genevieve Renoir, who says she is the painter’s great-great-granddaughter.

On one photo, Genevieve commented: “When your great-great-grandfather paints anything worth $78.1m dollars … then you can criticize. In the meantime, it is safe to say that the free market has spoken and Renoir did not suck at painting.”

Geller, who turned her comment into its own post on the account, said: “I think that is one of the most absurd and insane arguments for anything, the idea that we should let the free market dictate quality.”

He replied to Genevieve on Instagram with a list of items that have “been unleashed upon us by the free market”, and, like Renoir, “decidedly suck”, including climate change, the prison industrial complex, slavery, settler colonialism, the destruction of sea otter habitats and TV commercials.

Type
    INTP

Justin Bieber's Dad Made a Weird Comment About Penis

They changed Penis to Peengate. . .

Type
    INTP
    Chapo Guzman’s rumored $100M bounty on Donald Trump is 'reason for concern'
    Trump earned the ire of Guzmán over the summer, while he was still in prison, when the real estate mogul and candidate made his now infamous remarks about Mexican immigrants – he said during his campaign speech that Mexico sends its criminals and "rapists" to the U.S.

An unnamed inmate told teleSUR he witnessed Chapo’s angry reaction.

"He was mad. He wants Donald Trump dead and will pay any amount of money to have Donald Trump's head," he told the Latin American television network.