Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Genetic Testing..

Colymbosathon ecplecticos
    Type
    INTP
    Oh, so if I research amphetamines I won't find anything bad from a more reputable source than whoever that quote comes from?

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    No I'm saying the racetams make me anhedonic and emotionless.
    It depends on which are taken and how much, and is a sign of acetylcholine excess. Aniracetam, for example, can cause dulling, but generally enhances mood, verbal fluidity, and presentation skills. Taking less may work out better.

BTW: 75 mg (seventy five milligrams) aniracetam being problematic suggests it may not be for you and that there's an underlying problem.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    It depends on which are taken and how much, and is a sign of acetylcholine excess. Aniracetam, for example, can cause dulling, but generally enhances mood, verbal fluidity, and presentation skills. Taking less may work out better.

BTW: 75 mg (seventy five milligrams) aniracetam being problematic suggests it may not be for you and that there's an underlying problem.
    The anhedonia is an exaggeration. I get way more logical and less emotional on any dosage of racetams, however, even with a nice choline source. Not so much for noopept.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinny View Post
    Lol.

Not when the guy making the "suggestions" sounds like a creepy Judger. You made lots of assertions without providing evidence, or actually demonstrating your competence... No INTP would take your suggestions seriously.. especially in regards to a bunch of drugs.

Like seriously, do you live on the same planet as the rest of us.

I think you should lay off the drugs.
    Get a new hobby.

It's called will power, get some.

Fuck sake, any stimulant user will tell you, yea they get high, and yes they can get more done... But it comes at the cost of a burn out.. because it's not a natural state. (and you said they would "normalise" her?!)

You're such a douche.

And I know an intelligent INTJ who took your approach for the best part of a year... Guess what happened? BURNOUT.

You fucking idiot, lol
    I briefly meandered in the direction of stimulants. The majority of each post was spent on N-acetyl L-tyrosine, an amino acid and dopamine precursor, and other basic supplements.

Stimulants can easily be problematic, especially if they aren't needed, but can also have profound/noticeable effects. If they increase dopamine from low to normal, rather than to higher or excessive, then they are normalizing. Also, SEMAX, a cognition enhancer, potentiates stimulants (ie, less is needed) and NMDA antagonists slow tolerance (ie, less need to increase dosage).

When I last thought about rs4680, I wondered if entacapone would be even better, as it lowers COMT rather than blindly increasing dopamine (ie, is more direct/efficient). Supplements like EGCg (green tea extract), quercetin, etc are also said to lower COMT, but it's unclear if they make it across the blood-brain barrier.
    Last edited by baccheion; 01-12-2018 at 09:40 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    The anhedonia is an exaggeration. I get way more logical and less emotional on any dosage of racetams, however, even with a nice choline source. Not so much for noopept.
    What nootropics/supplements have you tried and how did they affect you?

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I just found out I'm 6% Jewish. Come at me, anti-Semites.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xxxx
    I did the test. Looks like I've got a good shot at alzheimer's. Wish me luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyJungle View Post
    I just found out I'm 6% Jewish. Come at me, anti-Semites.
    Welcome to the tribe.

Type
    INtP
    99.9% European (all Northwestern European), 0.1% Yakut (East Asian).

Some increased risk for Alzheimers, but no Parkinsons genes (grandfather had this). I'm a carrier for cystic fibrosis, but since I'm done having kids it's a bit of a moot point for me.

Told me a lot of stuff I already knew about myself. Hoping to figure out how to generate my Promethease report tonight.