Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Genetic Testing..

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    Recast as fear? No, I said your concern (about the supplements inducing permanent change) isn't really valid.
    Liar. Weasely scummy little liar. You did it. We all saw it.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanço. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanço your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.
    --Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Liar. Weasely scummy little liar. You did it. We all saw it.
    What?

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Are you aware of the supplements I mentioned? Let me repeat their names: N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (L-Tyrosine is an amino acid (protein)-- something you get when you eat peanuts or chicken), Adrafinil/Modafinil/Nuvigil (this is the narcolepsy medication that became popular in recent years, due to its strong effect on ADHD (works like amphetamines, but without the addiction, side effects, tolerance, etc), wakefulness, and motivation), PhenylPiracetam Hydrazide (essentially a phenylated and hydrazide'd version of Piracetam, the original/first/oldest racetam), Acetyl L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine is an amino acid as well), fasoracetam (this is one of the newer racetam incarnations, and much more potent/effective as well), and theacrine (this is essentially caffeine 2.0-- an alternative/successor to caffeine that works in a similar way, but without many of the negative effects). You can look them up for more information.
    N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (L-Tyrosine is an amino acid (protein)-- something you get when you eat peanuts or chicken)
    The difference between an amino acid and a protein is the difference between a brick and a building.
    Q: If I can get NALT from eating peanuts and chicken, why not just do that? A: I can’t get NALT from peanuts and chicken. N-Acetyl L tyrosine is a modified version of an amino acid and is not found in peanuts and chicken. Therefore saying it is safe by implying it is found in peanuts and chicken is misleading.
    NALT differs from tyrosine in that it has increased absorption and bioavailability. There are studies that show it can improve function during acute stress.
    I function quite well under acute stress, so this is not a problem I need to treat.
    There are potential effects involving the thyroid. Why would I risk that to cure a problem I do not have?
    Adrafinil/Modafinil/Nuvigil (this is the narcolepsy medication that became popular in recent years, due to its strong effect on ADHD (works like amphetamines, but without the addiction, side effects, tolerance, etc), wakefulness, and motivation),
    Adrafinil/Modafinil—banned by WADA
    Adrafinil is metabolized in the liver into Modafinil. Currently not enough work has been done to ensure that this has no adverse liver effects.
    Modafinil is a Schedule IV regulated substance in the US.
    It does have some intriguing effects, but the notable side effects are insomnia and appetite reduction. I have trouble sleeping already. I love having an appetite.

PhenylPiracetam Hydrazide (essentially a phenylated and hydrazide'd version of Piracetam, the original/first/oldest racetam),
    Banned by WADA.
    Shown to help slow cognitive decline due to dementia and stroke. Definitely something I’ll consider if I develop dementia as I age, but in the meantime, I can find no evidence that taking it now won’t cause me to downregulate things that prevent dementia in the first place, plus I don’t have any symptom that needs to be treated here. There is no compelling evidence that it works if you aren’t already suffering from cognitive decline. Again, it is a treatment for a problem I don’t have.
    Acetyl L-Carnitine (L-Carnitine is an amino acid as well),
    This one doesn’t raise any red flags other than the fact that it may have some very mild androgenic effects that could be more desirable in a male than in a female. I’d probably consider it if I was doing edge of my ability level exercise on a regular basis, but I’m not pushing my limits in this regard. If it cannot give me more hours in a day, it cannot increase my exercise levels.
    fasoracetam (this is one of the newer racetam incarnations, and much more potent/effective as well)
    Again, if I should have issues with cognitive decline due to dementia or stroke, I’d consider a racetam incarnation of some sort. But not now.
    theacrine (this is essentially caffeine 2.0-- an alternative/successor to caffeine that works in a similar way, but without many of the negative effects). You can look them up for more information.
    Insufficient research exists for me to ingest this on purpose.
    It has an LD50 of 811mg/kg in mice. That’s pretty much the only safety info I was able to find.
    It has been shown to cause chromosomal aberrations in plant cells. The mechanism of this isn’t understood and no one has yet looked to see if the same happens in mammalian cells.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    What?
    You know exactly what. Cut your bullshit out. It doesn't work on anyone here.
    Every master plan has one overarching contingency that will be required for success: desenrascanço. In light of this, it is tempting to skip the planning phase and just make desenrascanço your master plan. I don't recommend this, but it has worked out for me in the past to an alarming degree. The problem is it keeps you too focused on the short term to ever improve your situation in the long.

Would you mind sharing your results? I just got my kit today, and I'm curious what sorts of things you've found out.
    I'm not doing that but you can look at the sample reports to give you an idea of what you're getting. It's a no-brainer for the 5 or 10 bucks it costs and you can combine multiple sets of data in one run.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    The difference between an amino acid and a protein is the difference between a brick and a building.
    Q: If I can get NALT from eating peanuts and chicken, why not just do that? A: I can’t get NALT from peanuts and chicken. N-Acetyl L tyrosine is a modified version of an amino acid and is not found in peanuts and chicken. Therefore saying it is safe by implying it is found in peanuts and chicken is misleading.
    NALT differs from tyrosine in that it has increased absorption and bioavailability. There are studies that show it can improve function during acute stress.
    I function quite well under acute stress, so this is not a problem I need to treat.
    There are potential effects involving the thyroid. Why would I risk that to cure a problem I do not have?

Adrafinil/Modafinil—banned by WADA
    Adrafinil is metabolized in the liver into Modafinil. Currently not enough work has been done to ensure that this has no adverse liver effects.
    Modafinil is a Schedule IV regulated substance in the US.
    It does have some intriguing effects, but the notable side effects are insomnia and appetite reduction. I have trouble sleeping already. I love having an appetite.

Banned by WADA.
    Shown to help slow cognitive decline due to dementia and stroke. Definitely something I’ll consider if I develop dementia as I age, but in the meantime, I can find no evidence that taking it now won’t cause me to downregulate things that prevent dementia in the first place, plus I don’t have any symptom that needs to be treated here. There is no compelling evidence that it works if you aren’t already suffering from cognitive decline. Again, it is a treatment for a problem I don’t have.

This one doesn’t raise any red flags other than the fact that it may have some very mild androgenic effects that could be more desirable in a male than in a female. I’d probably consider it if I was doing edge of my ability level exercise on a regular basis, but I’m not pushing my limits in this regard. If it cannot give me more hours in a day, it cannot increase my exercise levels.

Again, if I should have issues with cognitive decline due to dementia or stroke, I’d consider a racetam incarnation of some sort. But not now.

Insufficient research exists for me to ingest this on purpose.
    It has an LD50 of 811mg/kg in mice. That’s pretty much the only safety info I was able to find.
    It has been shown to cause chromosomal aberrations in plant cells. The mechanism of this isn’t understood and no one has yet looked to see if the same happens in mammalian cells.
    The reason I mentioned that N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is essentially the same as the amino acids you get from meat and nuts is to suggest that the free-form isolated version is something the body is familiar with. It isn't some far out synthetic chemical at this point-- just basic stuff. Also, PhenylPiracetam Hydrazide and Modafinil are banned by the olympic committee, because they work. That is, they result in noticeable effects. I'll keep going to keep going, so I hope in all the going that goes as a result of me continuing on, you'll see exactly what I'm saying.
    Last edited by baccheion; 09-07-2016 at 02:03 AM.

Type
    INTP
    You know exactly what. Cut your bullshit out. It doesn't work on anyone here.
    I know not---
    of what you speak.

Clarify for me,
    dear dream.

An accessory, merely.

A stain of the shit, past.

What more then,
    and where to say,
    but with disdain,
    all that lay in wait?

What seeketh your heart
    in these trying days?
    More love?
    A glimpse
    into the mindset of fame?

What else is it to be,
    when among all things,
    it's only you
    saying to me things
    meant ne'er to be

eXpand Your mInd, maAn!

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I'll keep going to keep going, so I hope in all the going that goes as a result of me continuing on you'll see exactly what I'm saying.
    You seem to believe that the only possible outcome of me understanding what you are saying is that I will take the supplements.

How could someone with my genotype possibly forego this panacea? You've got a false dichotomy here. Either I take the supplements or I don't get it.

There is an option C that you refuse to consider. I don't need any of these supplements right now.

The walls I hit in my life have nothing to do with the limits of my intelligence, energy, and focus. They are all about time and money and the increasing external demand for both. These supplements, which would require my time and money to keep up with, can do nothing to improve my situation, therefore I choose not to take them.
    Insults are effective only where emotion is present. -- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?" Stardate 3468.1.

I'm not avoiding socializing I'm helping socializing avoid me! --MoneyJungle

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I know not---
    of what you speak.

Clarify for me,
    dear dream.

An accessory, merely.

A stain of the shit, past.

What more then,
    and where to say,
    but with disdain,
    all that lay in wait?

What seeketh your heart
    in these trying days?
    More love?
    A glimpse
    into the mindset of fame?

What else is it to be,
    when among all things,
    it's only you
    saying to me things
    meant ne'er to be

eXpand Your mInd, maAn!
    OK. I'll gut you like a fish.

You made a post in which you did two primary things. You laid groundwork for claiming that you were just trying refute mistaken concerns--loaded with soft patronization and weasel wording, and finished with a provocative and open 'sting', blatantly speaking to Sista in a diminutive infantalizing manner comparing her lack of interest to being a fearful child. This was a deliberate move intended to elicit an emotional reaction and short circuit rational thinking. The groundwork was so if and when called on it, you could claim innocence and rely on the emotional dischord to muddy thinking into buying your lame ass wannabe Jedi mind trick. When called on it further, you retreat to the most primitive and childish of defenses: denial and protestations of innocence, followed by some weak poetry as a substitute for the cleverness you lack but desperately want people to believe you possess.

Your weak game might work on the people around you in meatspace, especially if you surround yourself with the emotion minded, but here, you consistently pick women who are not that in the slightest. Furthermore you lose the one feeble advantage you have in meatspace because here, your words are recorded and public for anyone to see. There's a record of your coprophage emesis. You don't come off as clever, you don't come off as coy, you come off as creepy.

Stop being slimy.

And don't bother trying to deny, or claiming it wasn't deliberate. We also have a record of you acknowledging you've read these techniques and they don't happen by accident. They're practiced rhetoric tricks, and there is no advantage in claiming to be a natural. All you're saying then is that you are inherently a creepy scumbag. Not a sympathetic footing to work from.

Type
    INTP
    OK. I'll gut you like a fish.

You made a post in which you did two primary things. You laid groundwork for claiming that you were just trying refute mistaken concerns--loaded with soft patronization and weasel wording, and finished with a provocative and open 'sting', blatantly speaking to Sista in a diminutive infantalizing manner comparing her lack of interest to being a fearful child. This was a deliberate move intended to elicit an emotional reaction and short circuit rational thinking. The groundwork was so if and when called on it, you could claim innocence and rely on the emotional dischord to muddy thinking into buying your lame ass wannabe Jedi mind trick. When called on it further, you retreat to the most primitive and childish of defenses: denial and protestations of innocence, followed by some weak poetry as a substitute for the cleverness you lack but desperately want people to believe you possess.

Your weak game might work on the people around you in meatspace, especially if you surround yourself with the emotion minded, but here, you consistently pick women who are not that in the slightest. Furthermore you lose the one feeble advantage you have in meatspace because here, your words are recorded and public for anyone to see. There's a record of your coprophage emesis. You don't come off as clever, you don't come off as coy, you come off as creepy.

Stop being slimy.

And don't bother trying to deny, or claiming it wasn't deliberate. We also have a record of you acknowledging you've read these techniques and they don't happen by accident. They're practiced rhetoric tricks, and there is no advantage in claiming to be a natural. All you're saying then is that you are inherently a creepy scumbag. Not a sympathetic footing to work from.
    WTF? The choice of words at several points in your response is feeding the insanity I thought I was finally getting away from. WTF is this?

As for poetry-- those words placed next to each other in a particular way: I just felt like doing it.

I'm not sure if you're making an accusation, or saying I'm trying to "pick up," or something else, though I don't know how you could go from "genetic testing: hey, has anyone done it" to "he's trying to--- get some ass?"

You should perhaps not overestimate the energy, planning, and intricacy in it all.

I see someone reply to something I said; I reply back, too.. that's it.

There are no games being played here. I'm not about it.

The only thing I'll hold in play is the "harassment". That is, if the ones harassing me are contorting and distorting my world and field of view to the point it seems I'm doing something other than what I aimed to, well then..

Quote Originally Posted by Sistamatic View Post
    You seem to believe that the only possible outcome of me understanding what you are saying is that I will take the supplements.

How could someone with my genotype possibly forego this panacea? You've got a false dichotomy here. Either I take the supplements or I don't get it.

There is an option C that you refuse to consider. I don't need any of these supplements right now.

The walls I hit in my life have nothing to do with the limits of my intelligence, energy, and focus. They are all about time and money and the increasing external demand for both. These supplements, which would require my time and money to keep up with, can do nothing to improve my situation, therefore I choose not to take them.
    Hmmm...

If you don't want to take the supplements, then that's fine. I just got excited at the thought of it all coming together. It would be interesting to see how they affect you (and to then map it back to what the genotypes imply). I will not press or try to force you to take anything, as that is not my intention. If you're not interested in any of it, then so it is. As for the rest of what I said above and earlier, I suppose it's good to have it all said.
    Last edited by baccheion; 09-07-2016 at 01:43 AM.