Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Genetic Testing..

Type
    INtP
    2-4 weeks to receive, and then 6-8 weeks to process?!

Well, I can simmer down with checking the status update on it. My Christmas present will be ready in March.

Type
    xNxx
    Small blind for responding to me in this thread is taking a sampler of nootropics, I can't otherwise handle people in my anhedonic and emotionless state.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post
    Small blind for responding to me in this thread is taking a sampler of nootropics, I can't otherwise handle people in my anhedonic and emotionless state.
    Stack? Srius. I has similar if not same problem.
    I don't know everything I know, let alone everything I don't.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Stack? Srius. I has similar if not same problem.
    No I'm saying the racetams make me anhedonic and emotionless.

Type
    INTP
    No I'm saying the racetams make me anhedonic and emotionless.
    Ah. That's not something I need moar of.

Type
    xNxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Hephaestus View Post
    Ah. That's not something I need moar of.
    yeah, lol, me either. it's kind of like checking out for the day into pure dickhead workaholic mode for me.

Type
    INTP
    yeah, lol, me either. it's kind of like checking out for the day into pure dickhead workaholic mode for me.
    Yep. One of my three main flavors:

1. Dickhead workaholic. I don't intend to be rude but I've incidentally caused tears just because I'm being matter of fact and lack a filter. Most recently was wjen someone asked how they could help and after a moment I said, "Stay out of the way." Absolute truth, no insult intended.

2. Playful.

3. Hibernating ursine and depressed.

I'm all three on a good day.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by oxyjen View Post
    How long does it usually take for 23andme to get results back to you?

My sample was delivered to them on Monday, but it says it takes 2-4 weeks for the lab to "receive" it (aka, actually start doing anything with it). Anyone remember the general turn-around from when they start to when they receive the results?

I plan to supplement the hell out of myself based on the what data I get (intend to run the promethease afterward, thanks @last_caress, getting info from a site like this made me pull the trigger on doing the testing. Er, adding the kit to my Christmas list anyway).
    - Ordered on Sept 1, 2016
    - Received on Sept 6, 2016
    - Mailed back on Sept 6, 2016
    - Received by lab on Sept 13, 2016
    - Reports ready on Sept 27, 2016

It may take less or more time depending on how many kits are being received.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by baccheion View Post
    I am "some random person X," but the suggestions aren't sourced from me, eh? They are from research done by others (which you can easily search for).

It's more that I thought you'd look into the suggestions I made (as is typical for an INTP).
    Lol.

Not when the guy making the "suggestions" sounds like a creepy Judger. You made lots of assertions without providing evidence, or actually demonstrating your competence... No INTP would take your suggestions seriously.. especially in regards to a bunch of drugs.

Like seriously, do you live on the same planet as the rest of us.

It's not going to directly help me with my "research" about myself, and I'm not curious/interested in the direction of wanting to do large scale controlled clinical studies. I'm just curious if the recommendations work out for you (and/or as to what effect the end up having on you).
    I think you should lay off the drugs.
    Get a new hobby.

That is, INTPs (like myself) typically have the very real procrastination problem. As I've been searching for a long time for anything that will help me in this regard, I stumbled across the Val/Val polymorphism.
    It's called will power, get some.

While it's not looking likely I'll have that version (I'll probably be Val108/158Met), I'm curious how well the associations with lowered dopamine levels and massive results from stimulants, modafinil, and dopamine enhancers hold up "in real life." Essentially, I'm wondering if dopamine enhancers (or a COMT inhibitor) effectively eliminate your procrastination problem due to your polymorphism, whereas it would just give more energy (or something) in the general case. Maybe Val/Val positions you to be able to be a perceiver (INTP), while simultaneously not having procrastination issues. It would then be interesting to see what you're like in that state. That is, what's an INTP like when their procrastination is eliminated?
    Fuck sake, any stimulant user will tell you, yea they get high, and yes they can get more done... But it comes at the cost of a burn out.. because it's not a natural state. (and you said they would "normalise" her?!)

Most of your uncertainties or doubts could be alleviated by reading a bit more online about these things, their effects, and other people's experience using them.

I'm not sure what I'm suppose to do with this. Care? Be hurt? Cry like a baby? Whip out some sex appeal, then throw myself at you in a sexual/suggestive fashion in an attempt to seduce you into going down the path I mentioned?
    You're such a douche.

And I know an intelligent INTJ who took your approach for the best part of a year... Guess what happened? BURNOUT.

You fucking idiot, lol
    Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.

~ Robert Jackson, Statesman (1892-1954)

Type
    xNxx
    In 1979, Graham bet Erdös $500 that he couldn't stop taking amphetamines for a month. Erdös accepted the challenge, and went cold turkey for thirty days. After Graham paid up — and wrote the $500 off as a business expense — Erdös said, "You've showed me I'm not an addict. But I didn't get any work done. I'd get up in the morning and stare at a blank piece of paper. I'd have no ideas, just like an ordinary person. You've set mathematics back a month." He promptly resumed taking pills, and mathematics was the better for it.