Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for a penpal

Type
    INTP
    @kali: Well, I guess that what I do in the free time I give myself is of interest to me, so I'll mention that. I give myself 12 minutes of free time after a certain amount of schoolwork has been completed (I'm supposed to also complete self-given work, but on school days I haven't enough time). I started this recently--before I just plowed through my thinking activities, despite my exhaustion. With these small breaks in between, I am less stressed throughout day and... but that's not what you asked, so I'll get to the point. Once I've been in the thinking mode for a long time, or once I've given certain activities which I find boring too much focus for me to remain entertained and attentive, I let my Fe do what it wants for a short while. What it wants to do includes social media sometimes, or just writing in a journal, or watching certain YouTube videos or doing whatever the heck it has a whim to do--you know how emotions are. Those things are of interest but they're not too regular... I guess I like romance stories but also action and adventure. I like video games though I can't play them for longer than an hour because I feel depressed. I exhaust my Fe easily. I really only play one video game, and am selective in my games because there are only certain ones I really like, and that is Ratchet and Clank (call me a child all you want). I had to read Pride and Prejudice for school, a story whose focus is marriage, and though I didn't care about the lives of anyone else there was a romance between the protagonist and Mr. Darcy which was the reason I enjoyed it.

I don't find homework tedious, but there are some subjects which bore me, like history and French and etc. I'm interested in reading articles and discussions, like I said, which I then reply to if it is appropriate. Not silly discussions, but well-thought-out ones. You know some people argue emotionally, and those arguments are of no interest to me--I just like logical arguments. I like to see others give their ideas and I like to filter those ideas, to understand more of the world and issue, to come up with ideas myself, to judge different opinions, etc. I find that, actually, really enjoyable. I was once on Debate.org and followed a discussion on free will which would have been even more stimulating if certain posters hadn't taken an "emotional stance".

I find this a hard question to answer. Even on weekends I'm doing homework, so I haven't much time to pursue my Ti interests, but when I have, such as on summer vacation... I have been interested in several things, really... I like articles, if I didn't already mention that, because I want to be informed of scientific advances/etc. Mostly though, I think I've been drawn to forums, and spent my time thinking about practical/impractical things. Like, it's not practical to wonder whether or not we have actual free will in the way we were imagining.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    I remember feeling the same way when I was your age. Then I found these people and some of them have become really good friends. I can only speak for myself but I'm a shit penpal (always procrastinate too much in replying) but maybe whe you've got enough posts under your belt you might want to start a blag here. It can be a good outlet and people are usually pretty good at popping their heads in and commenting.

or depending on your opinion on hugs.
    Haha, thank you--I'll look into others' blogs and see if I think they're a good fit.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by LordLatch View Post
    Are you a genius?
    I wouldn't flatter myself so much. I think people consider a genius to be one of two things: someone with a really high IQ or someone who has really contributed in a certain field...? Care to dispute that? Beside, IQ tests only measure one form of intelligence. Define your term, please, tell me what you mean by it, though I'm sure I'm not.

Type
    INtP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsep View Post
    I wouldn't flatter myself so much. I think people consider a genius to be one of two things: someone with a really high IQ or someone who has really contributed in a certain field...? Care to dispute that? Beside, IQ tests only measure one form of intelligence. Define your term, please, tell me what you mean by it, though I'm sure I'm not.
    I was more interested in how you answered it than what the answer is. You may pass.
    This just in: I'm accepting all friend requests too unless you're a fricken jerk and I can't stand your existence and inane drivel. If that's the case, then I'll accept your friend request so I can keep an eye on your ass unless you don't hold any interest for me; then only the threat of keeping my eye on you stands. feces

Banned
    Type
    xxxx
    A genius is someone is not a non genius.

Type
    INTP
    Feeling that no-one can relate to you and that you are all alone in the world is common for INTPs. However, you have taken two major steps in dealing with this issue - realising that you are an INTP and finding an INTP forum. You don't necessarily need to find a penpal. Just hang around here a while and get to know us.

Recently, a few "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) threads have come into existence. If you post a question there, you should get some of your questions answered.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post

Recently, a few "Ask Me Anything" (AMA) threads have come into existence. If you post a question there, you should get some of your questions answered.
    That is a good idea, however I must point out -- most if not all of those AMA threads are in the subforums inaccessible to new members (see: Membership for details). That is, newly registered users have to reach a certain post-count and days-registered before they can see into those forums. Of course, there's nothing stopping someone from starting an AMA in one of the more public forums.

Banned
    Type
    INXX
    You can add me: I'm lunarious87@icloud.com