Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christianity IS pure insanity

Type
    INTP

Christianity IS pure insanity

So there is all these heathens roaming the earth; cursing, raping, killing & fornicating. God says I got an idea, how about if I have a son and let the heathens kill him, then they can all come to heaven no matter what they've done, if they want to.

Type
    INxP
    Maybe God's a Utilitarian.

Type
    INTP
    And that's one of the less insane parts

Type
    intp
    Hey now- there are Christians who believe in predestination. Not just anyone can get into heaven, even good people.

Type
    INTP
    Yeah, only the Elect can get in. Everyone else is just fucked over by God, which explains poor people.

.: PERSISTENCE IS ALL :. Pan_Sonic_000's Avatar
    Type
    ENxx
    It's pure insanity only if you buy into the literal interpretation proferred by fundamentalists. I mean, if they told you Animal Farm was 100% about creatures who vocalize, would you say that story was insane as well?

Seriously, why don't you do your own thinking and stop letting others do it for you? Christianity is like thousands of other ancient mythologies. The fact some idiots still uphold it as inerrant, modern truth shouldn't obfuscate the message within it. As in: love others, be compassionate, etc.
    Wild skies
    Full moon and thoughts collide
    We look for answers in those catatonic, bloodshot eyes
    A steady stream of madness
    Rises to a flood...

...The clock is ticking for Bad Blood

Banned
    Type
    INTP
    What about communion? I don't understand how anyone thinks that is perfectly normal. Seriously, what is up with that? And while we're at it, circumcision is really stupid.

Empathy is an awesome tool for getting what you want out of life, so religion isn't really needed to spread it.
    Last edited by msg_v2; 01-11-2014 at 04:45 PM.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Pan_Sonic_000 View Post
    modern truth shouldn't obfuscate the message within it. As in: love others, be compassionate, etc.
    Also torture, hate, revenge, scorn to name a few. Yes, lets not obfuscate the messages.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by msg_v2 View Post
    What about communion?
    Communion is pretty creepy, eating and drinking the body & blood of Jesus. Couldn't we just rub ourselves with it? Maybe wear an amulet. No, we have to fucking eat him like cannibals.

Type
    INTP
    I had this commercial maintenance customer, a brilliant guy who started his own mortgage company, within 15 years he was in half the states. One day over at his main office he says to me, wait, I want to talk to you about something. He finishes up a phone call and precedes to witness to me, I was polite but blunt and told him I was an atheist. Surprisingly he was ok with that, didn't get rid of me. I later dumped him when I started school.

I find it fascinating that a person can totally have their shit together and yet still have an insane part to them, somehow they don't let the in-saneness bleed over, it's contained. I understand why he is religious, his father was a preacher, a decent guy as I understand. If you are a good son you are not going turn against God. Get em while they're young.