Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Somebody else

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Somebody else

Have you ever wanted to renege on everything you ever stood for, disassociate yourself from everything you know, and become someone else?
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Have you ever wanted to renege on everything you ever stood for, disassociate yourself from everything you know, and become someone else?
    Not only have I wanted to, I've done it at least twice.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    xxxx
    no

DOA Space Invaders Champion Neville's Avatar
    Type
    Taur
    All the time.
    “Then there you lie like the one warm spark in the heart of an arctic crystal.”

Type
    iNtP
    Idaho... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    INTPx Award Winner
    i've done this, but it takes a prolonged period of time... they call it growing up...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville View Post
    All the time.
    Same--though I have unrealistic demands of who I would become.

"Ok. I agree to back down, to abandon my beliefs, and abandon my family and friends, but I must also abandon this world. I wish to make my way to a fantastical realm where the cool mythological creatures still exist and I can become a powerful, reclusive sorcerer that occasionally leaves his tower to get groceries. And sometimes save the world. I'd go on more adventures but hot female elf companion(s) insist I spend more time at home. When I need some space, I have an adventure. I'm called upon from time to time to offer advice on things because anyone who understands my lifestyle knows I have my shit together. Oh, and I want to be hot by local standards, and local standards will be fit, burly, and well coordinated with excellent vision and an incredibly powerful sorceror. It's not the size of your wand, it's the power of the magic you make with it.tm"
    --Mention of these things is so taboo, they aren't even allowed a name for the prohibition. It is just not done.

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Yes.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Have you?

Type
    INTP
    Yes.

But there are some things that I wouldn't want to change.

Type
    INTP
    No. The very notion is contradictory. And if taken seriously, delusional.