Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How do you celebrate your birthday?

Type
    INTP

How do you celebrate your birthday?

I could never figure out this one. Whatever i do for celebrating my birthdays ends up to be just another day which will be forgotten and never to be remembered again.Or may be its just a memory problem..i dont know.Anyway ..am looking for novel ideas.

I ask if I can skip it every year and they never let me. I go out to eat with my family, graciously take their socks and cupcakes, then go home. I used to get drunk. For a couple of years I would go with my friends to strip clubs and do cocaine. Even that wasn't very memorable. It just isn't memorable. Fuck birthdays.

Type
    INTP
    I don't.

Type
    INFP
    INTPx Award Winner
    I frown upon people who fail to wish me a happy birthday on the Facebook account I haven't posted on in several years.

Glimpses do ye seem to see of that mortally intolerable truth; that all deep, earnest thinking is but the intrepid effort of the soul to keep the open independence of her sea; while the wildest winds of heaven and earth conspire to cast her on the treacherous, slavish shore?

Type
    xxxx
    INTPx Award Winner
    My friends and I have bdays close together so we try and do something special. Last year we went to a wine valley and did hot air ballooning. Not sure what we're doing this year.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Check out my art. https://www.instagram.com/karililt/

Table Cloth Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTj
    I go to the bar and chill on intpc
    constants, variables, memes

Type
    iNtP
    washington... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    seeing this reminds me that mine is in four days... i may go to a barter fair... they have a large one near here that my birthday always lands on... most years i don't do anything about it at all unless someone i know recalls it and "demands" i head out to do something fun... this year i am near family so i bet they rope me into at least dinner...
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Type
    intp
    I like to do something nice/interesting/fun. This year I went in a bike event that started 8pm the evening before my birthday, riding 182km through the night to finish at the coast in the morning of my birthday. The year before that happened to be the last day of school term before the long summer holiday. There was an end of year party where we played cricket. One year I took a plane from San Francisco to australia, leaving the day before my birthday and arriving the day after. I like to just do some kind of novel thing so that I remember it a little bit. I don't like to make a big thing out of it. It's nice if my close friends wish me happy birthday. I like to give myself a pleasant day. Cook my favourite foods. Do some of my favourite things.

Type
    INTP
    I don't really celebrate. It's mostly a normal day for me. My husband usually buys me a gift even though I tell him he doesn't need to. And some family members send cards sometimes with cash which is nice. This year my husband and I went out to lunch which was nice because I got a break from work. It wasn't anything fancy - tacos.

Growing up my birthday sometimes fell on the first day of school, or the day before. That was always a nice celebration. Basically I never looked forward to my birthday.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by Light Leak View Post
    I don't really celebrate. It's mostly a normal day for me. My husband usually buys me a gift even though I tell him he doesn't need to. And some family members send cards sometimes with cash which is nice. This year my husband and I went out to lunch which was nice because I got a break from work. It wasn't anything fancy - tacos.

Growing up my birthday sometimes fell on the first day of school, or the day before. That was always a nice celebration. Basically I never looked forward to my birthday.
    Relax. I'll celebrate it.

Hooray! Light Leak, I'm glad you were born! I think you're great and I'm right! The part of my life that you influence is better because of you! Happy Birthday whenever it was! Seems like it was fairly recent and I'm already ready to celebrate it again!
    Stand clear of the closing doors, please.