Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to induce depression

Type
    xxxx

Unhappy How to induce depression

I need a way to induce moderate to severe depression, preferably in a way that still lets me keep my job/shelter/friends/limbs/basic necessities. The depression would leave me bedridden for a few days but not enough to prevent me from going to work when I need to. I would also still go out to social events but be extremely socially reserved at the same time. Heartbreak is a good way but I'm not tied down so that won't work.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    Not a good idea, would not recommend. Depression sucks. Feeling like a zombie is one thing, but full blown depression sucks and does not exist in the way you are describing it. Its also a mental illness, not something people usually want to learn how to do.

Just smoke a lot of weed.

Best of luck.

Type
    INTP
    If you have anything organised blow it off, don't even explain why to the people involved. Guilt is usually a decent trigger for me, as is staying inside. Oh, and stop washing.

Type
    INTP
    Cut off all contact with everyone you know.

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Study anatomy and physiology and medicine, perhaps ett or emt. They say doctors are more depressed, probably because obvious reasons, the realities of the body being more real. To induce it? I can't think of anything within reason. Maybe think unhappy thoughts. Or maybe not? Lolol
    Sound fury

Type
    intp
    Get a customer service job at a retail store or call center. Stop talking to any friends. Move in with your parents if you're not there already. Drink heavily every day (to the point when you're severely hung over when you wake up). Stop listening to music or engaging in any creative activities, limit your free time to watching tv, trolling the internet, or reading garbage fiction. Also, fuck up your sleep schedule.
    "Doesn't matter what a man has if he doesn't have purpose. You take that away from him, man usually goes with it." -Beau

Type
    INTJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirac View Post
    If you have anything organised blow it off, don't even explain why to the people involved. Guilt is usually a decent trigger for me, as is staying inside. Oh, and stop washing.
    Quote Originally Posted by pathogenetic_peripatetic View Post
    Cut off all contact with everyone you know.
    +1

The following suggestion is more "out there" but proven effective. The easiest way to accomplish depression would be to travel to Scotland without access to any money you may have, then renounce all means of communication (so no phones or internet) and clean this place all by yourself for no pay other than a bedbug-infested mattress to sleep on and a few slices of stale toast per day.

Works 100%, can recommend

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Don't get any sun light!
    Sound fury

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickTwist View Post
    Not a good idea, would not recommend. Depression sucks. Feeling like a zombie is one thing, but full blown depression sucks and does not exist in the way you are describing it. Its also a mental illness, not something people usually want to learn how to do.

Just smoke a lot of weed.

Best of luck.
    dear god you really are a sensor.
    I fucking hate the cold! - Wim Hof

Type
    INTP
    Take MDMA the night before? Don't do this though.

What are you trying to avoid with this charade?