Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Female Day Off

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner

Female Day Off

In other words, menstrual leave.

I had to go to work today but I woke up in pain. I went to work but I thought I was gonna puke. These are normal symptoms for me. I told my female supervisor what was going on, and she said that if I wanted to leave work, I had to get a doctor's order. I told her that it doesn't make sense to waste a doctor's time because I'm menstruating and I need a fucking piece of paper that says I can't work, but she wouldn't budge on it.

Hence, I had to go home, drink about 3 liters of water, call a doctor to my house and tell him I have a digestive problem. He pokes my belly and exclaims this is quite a bad situation I'm in, asks where it hurts, I supposedly answer these questions right (it actually did hurt - I drank a shitload of water, it was absurd), and need to eat rice and noodles for three days, and drink tea and water.

Awesome. I'm 34 years old and I feel like fucking Ferris Bueller.

We should have the right to get paid leave for this. On top of the fact I am screwed equipped with a people-maker for the benefit of all of humanity, I have to drag myself to work when I feel like shit about it? Every month? This is bullshit. We shouldn't have to be ashamed of this like it's not a legitimate problem. It's a biological particularity of women and we deserve to have paid leave for it.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Tawaci ki a Gnaska ki Osito Polar's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    We should have the right to get paid leave for this. On top of the fact I am screwed equipped with a people-maker for the benefit of all of humanity, I have to drag myself to work when I feel like shit about it? Every month? This is bullshit. We shouldn't have to be ashamed of this like it's not a legitimate problem. It's a biological particularity of women and we deserve to have paid leave for it.
    I think society's interest in the people-maker is contingent upon your using it. So, when you get people-maker time off it's in the form of maternity leave. When it's just time for people-maker routine oil changes or whatever you're sort of on your own. A shame, I know.
    "I don't have psychological problems." --Madrigal

"When you write about shooting Polemarch in the head, that's more like a first-person view, like you're there looking down the sight of the gun." --Utisz

David Wong, regarding Chicago
    Six centuries ago, the pre-Colombian natives who settled here named this region with a word which in their language means "the Mouth of Shadow". Later, the Iroquois who showed up and inexplicably slaughtered every man, woman and child renamed it "Seriously, Fuck that Place". When French explorer Jacques Marquette passed through the area he marked his map with a drawing of a brownish blob emerging from between the Devil's buttocks.

Type
    INTP
    I'm glad I'm not a woman…it's really hard. I've lived through these things vicariously and you have my sympathy.

Banned
    Type
    intJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Thevenin View Post
    I'm glad I'm not a woman…it's really hard. I've lived through these things vicariously and you have my sympathy.
    Had you pegged for a woman.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by fRaN View Post
    Had you pegged for a woman.
    Ha Ha…you should see me! As my wife says, I've got testosterone poisoning.

Banned
    Type
    intJ
    Yeah, Hermione informed me you were a guy. I meant that some of your posts come across as having a more feminine side. Meant no harm.

Type
    Intp
    He's what we call a fully developed human being. Individuated adult who knows who he is, and isn't all slanted, biased and undeveloped/inhuman like you see so much of. Actually, there should be more of that. Maybe you'd be more experienced in spotting mature guys that way. Well, keep trying. It can't hurt to try to learn about it.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    I know what you mean, I get debilitating pain, but I know heaps of women who feel nothing at all during a period ~_~
    “I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human.”
    ― David Bowie

www.karililt.com
    http://www.instagram.com/karililt

Banned
    Type
    INTP

Type
    INTP
    Stop menstruating.