Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    intp

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    intp
    we have always lived in the castle!! have you read the haunting of hill house ? omg
    The most beautiful paintings in existence today are the ones which were not painted by anyone.

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Quote Originally Posted by jigglypuff View Post
    we have always lived in the castle!! have you read the haunting of hill house ? omg
    No but it's on my list I just read this http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...hirley-jackson which is why I started reminiscing about we have always lived in the castle. perfect halloween book!

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    I might have voted intp in part because I always feel the urge to kick NFs back into the closets where they belong, with the abandoned kittens and floristry supplies.

Type
    xxxx
    Quote Originally Posted by Dot View Post
    No but it's on my list I just read this http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/20...hirley-jackson which is why I started reminiscing about we have always lived in the castle. perfect halloween book!
    so interesting to read that article. i don't know much about shirley jackson, the person, but as a writer she was fucking brilliant.

the haunting of hill house was terrifying and beautiful and unexpected to me, not having read any of her work before that (besides "the lottery"). it's an excellent one for halloween too. idk if it's just me but i feel like i've been noticing more references to her work recently. i'm glad she's getting more recognition now. & i really have to read more of her stuff.

i was actually gonna post about this in the Book Recommendations thread cuz i'd like to find books that gave me the feeling hill house gave me... it really got into my head while reading it.

/off topic
    The most beautiful paintings in existence today are the ones which were not painted by anyone.

Type
    xxxx
    I don't want to alarm you but you can decide what you want to be
    "I fucking hate the cold!" - Wim Hof

www.karililt.com
    instagram @karililt

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    Quote Originally Posted by Sappho View Post
    Is that really a justification for F-ness, however? I think the T/F divide rather describes on what you tend to base your life decisions on – your feelings of the moment or the hard facts.

Do you pay a lot of attention to how you feel, and does this occupy you greatly? Then you may be an F. Do you often not notice how you feel until after a situation? Then you may be a T.

One of the misconceptions about MBTI is that Thinkers don't have any real feelings at all – which is obviously impossible. I tear up at every other good opera or concert performance I attend, and I don't mind – there's a legitimate reason for being moved here, after all. Emotion in a musical context = acceptable and (in performing) even necessary; emotion anywhere else = just a side distraction that has no real impact on one's course of life. If this compartmentalisation rings familiar, you're probably a T.
    INFJ is the musical archetype, but I'm no yo yo Ma. I simply wondered if perhaps I was blind and rationalized being an INTP. A stone cold INFJ musician I know tested as INTJ, but he was pretty constipated at the time. I guess he's going to Stanford now. Interesting.

My INTJ friend who is similar to me, he taught himself piano pretty methodically, how to speed draw. But he learned how to improv on piano pretty well. Like I was telling my ISTP friend, playing the piano is just logic. Of course, he went off on a debate tangent, well it makes logical sense to you. I'm like no, it's just following logical patterns, similar to mathematics. Weirdly, he said he tested as INFJ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    BIOTCH called me an INFJ a few times too, tbh I wouldn't put much stock in anything that person said. I think they just said it to try to rile us up, and I don't think there was anything sincere or deeper to it than that.

INTPS and INFJs have the same thinking and feeling functions so developed INTPs and INFJs are going to have a lot of overlap in their approach to life and the way they appreciate things. The depth to which you're able to feel things doesn't mean much for figuring out if you're T or F, it's more about how you decide to weigh your feelings into the equation that determines it (at least that's my understanding of it). If I wasn't a mega T stereotype irl that constantly battles monotone expression I might have given his accusations a 2nd thought too (and this isn't to say that I don't believe I have a lot of depth of feeling (I mean shit, I work in the arts after all!)).
    Plus there's that.
    Interesting. I often respond piercingly and am often the voice of reason. I just tend to look at it like emotional tactfulness. There's just things I don't do and don't say, which made me wonder if I simply had a higher EQ. I'm not your archetype by any means, but that unconventionality is pretty INTP if you ask me. Some INTJs can be pretty alienated also, the nerdier ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Here's a self-check. You might be an INFJ if you like:

-cat pictures
    -snark
    -private conversations with forum members
    -dark-ambient electro-whatsit
    -Hope Solo's asshole

That should allay your concern. Based on unfair caricaturization of 1/2 dozen past members.
    Thanks Faust06

The only name more ironic than Hope Solo would be Hope Anal. But then again, if I'd even consider a tranvestite, granted a girlier looking one, I'd have to rethink that one.

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    I don't want to alarm you but you can decide what you want to be
    I think INTP sums it up fair enough. I think I could be a hipster Tiger Woods type.

This aint just about me. Ya'll can come out of the closet too, and we can have a huge bicurious of type get together and talk about the Deets.
    Biding energy

Type
    iNtP
    Idaho... this sometimes changes withought planning...
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Faust View Post
    Here's a self-check. You might be an INFJ if you like:

-cat pictures
    -snark
    -private conversations with forum members
    -dark-ambient electro-whatsit
    -Hope Solo's asshole

That should allay your concern. Based on unfair caricaturization of 1/2 dozen past members.
    according to the world's most credible source (comics), intp like cats more than infj (second only to infp)...

Spoiler: kitty comic
    Last edited by Obfuscate; 10-30-2016 at 06:36 AM.
    "The vanity of intelligence is that the intelligent man is often more committed to 'one-upping' his opponent than being truthful. When the idea of intelligence, rather than intelligence itself, becomes a staple, there is no wisdom in it."
    Criss Jami

"When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion."
    "Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving."
    Dale Carnegie

Yep, pretty close.

Jazz peenist Snake Champion Grape Jelly's Avatar
    Type
    XNTX
    YOUR PERSONALITY TYPE IS:
    ARCHITECT (INTJ-A)

Spoiler: %

ExtravertedIntroverted
    43%57%
    ENERGY
    This trait shows where we direct our mental energy.
    IntuitiveObservant
    69%31%
    NATURE
    This trait determines how we make decisions and cope with emotions.
    ThinkingFeeling
    56%44%
    TACTICS
    This trait reflects our approach to work, planning and decision-making.
    JudgingProspecting
    61%39%
    IDENTITY
    This trait underpins all others, showing how confident we are in our abilities and decisions.
    AssertiveTurbulent
    58%42%

Kinda saw this coming. My preferences have changed over the years. I'm pretty organized, and felt strongly on some of the J questions, seeing things through and whatnot. There were a few that were spot on. I also was truthful on some of the feeler questions, like I wouldn't think being right is more important than upsetting people. I guess I do have a learned sense of empathy in dealing with people.
    Biding energy