Page 99 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4989979899

Thread: Trump's First 100 Days

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Maybe your firm grasp of hyperbole can give you some insight into what you were confused about.
    Personally I think it's the trait of a militaristic society. But you're the one who should be reflecting on it, that's why I asked the question. You guys sound really silly when you talk like that.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Merry Christmas
    Type
    INFP
    Also I somehow skimmed over the conversation about the first person plural and now I'm embarrassed because I just realized I used it too

Quote Originally Posted by Blorg View Post
    Also I somehow skimmed over the conversation about the first person plural and now I'm embarrassed because I just realized I used it too
    I skimmed as well, and was surprised I'd never even noticed it before. Several people used it. I mean, who cares. But it's interesting that it was invisible to me until now.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatloveihave View Post
    I don't find you a potential threat to human society, you're not crazy. Feces.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stigmatica View Post
    I skimmed as well, and was surprised I'd never even noticed it before. Several people used it. I mean, who cares. But it's interesting that it was invisible to me until now.
    I know I've done, and probably still do without noticing, but I have noticed how odd it sometimes sounds in overheard conversations. I think I first noticed it in listening to people talk about sports.

But in the case of government, I think it's rooted in the idea that we are all participants in the government. "Of the people, by the people, for the people". So when Americans use 'us' and 'we' in reference to international affairs, they aren't just talking about the government, they're also talking about the citizens.

Still less painful than being the same room as ICP cult members discuss how juggalos are being oppressed and fake juggalos are making the real juggalos look bad.
    For some, "how", not "why", is the fundamental unit of measure for curiosity. This divergence is neither parallel, nor straight. Where one might have a "why?-5" problem, it might only be a "how?-2" question. But then, there are also many things where the "why?" is immediately obvious but the "how?" is best measured in centuries of perpetual wonder. Both approaches have their drawbacks.

If one is superior, the other is unaware of it.

--Meditations on Uncertainty Vol ξ(x)

Type
    INTP
    China to Cut Oil Exports to North Korea
    Starting Jan. 1, exports of refined petroleum to North Korea will be limited to 2 million barrels a year, while exports of natural gas will be banned entirely, the Commerce Ministry said in a statement posted on its website late Friday.

China will also ban textile imports from North Korea, the ministry said, cutting off another key source of revenue for Pyongyang after Beijing banned imports of North Korean coal earlier this year.
    China gets it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madrigal View Post
    Personally I think it's the trait of a militaristic society. But you're the one who should be reflecting on it, that's why I asked the question. You guys sound really silly when you talk like that.
    To be frank, I don't think your idea of what sounds really silly is worth a lot of consideration.

Is the US about to attack North Korea?

Type
    INfj
    Quote Originally Posted by rocky balbotox View Post
    Is the US about to attack North Korea?
    I'm sure it feels attacked.
    Empty your mind. Be formless. Shapeless. Like water. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend.