Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Could Trump become a dictator?

Type
    xNxx
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...a-record-rate/

Trump's "legacy" is FUCKED. Also now almost 70% of people view white supremacy as a major problem. Also almost 70% of people agree with Trump's twitter ban, with 28% of people saying it didn't go far enough.
    CARPE BM

Type
    intp
    I was surprised by the storming but the lack of concession doesn’t surprise me at all. I would have been surprised if it had been any different. I mean, that’s his entire schtick. He’s the best, always winning, never losing, and any perceived failure or loss is someone else’s fault or he got cheated. He’s gotten to where he is through nothing but playing up that image, and as transparent as it is, somehow it’s worked on 70+ million people.

Type
    INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by stuck View Post

Trump's "legacy" is FUCKED. Also now almost 70% of people view white supremacy as a major problem. Also almost 70% of people agree with Trump's twitter ban, with 28% of people saying it didn't go far enough.
    What a slow moving overton window that was

Type
    INTP

I imagine Ivanka is painfully aware that this has significantly diminished her shot at a meaningful political career in the near future but probably is still a Daddy’s girl. Jared, on the other hand, is probably pissed and trying to figure out how to convince her to disavow Trump.

Type
    intp
    Yeah I was surprised. I still don’t think it was any more than a half-assed mob, and I don’t think anyone did any actual planning, but this is a fresh low point for our government.
    I think 90% were a half arsed mob, but apparently there were quite a few right wing extremists on the FBI terror watch list which are likely to have been a bit more organised. I guess it will all come out in the wash after the inauguration.

Our centre right party were endorsing Trump's Kiwi right hand man, Chris Liddell, for OECD Secretary General after his nomination by Trump. Even our Libertarians won't touch him now. https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-chris-liddell

Type
    INTP
    Uh, Trump conceded. Very shortly after saying he would never concede, of course.

Also, during his speech at the capitol and in his subsequent tweets Trump told the marchers to peacefully protest, and to respect the laws and the capitol police. When it was clear some were not doing that, he quickly told them to go home and condemned the violence.

Never once did Trump call for violence to overturn the election. His words in support of the capitol march were much more peaceful than what was said by democrats regarding the blm riots that caused historic damage and hundreds of deaths. Never once did he try to use his authority as commander-in-chief over the military to stay in power. He left office just as peacefully as every president before him.

Senior Member Tetris Champion notdavidlynch's Avatar
    Type
    INFP
    ... Sure thing, bub.

Type
    INTP
    Congratulations guys, you toppled a dictator by voting him out of office.

Type
    intp
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Congratulations guys, you toppled a dictator by voting him out of office.
    Fake news.

Type
    INtP
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    He left office just as peacefully as every president before him.
    Yes, five deaths is the average amount of deaths we have every four years when we trial by combat the outcome of the election. This is normal and rational thing that has happened during every presidency, and I can’t believe no one else has pointed out that fact wow