Page 38 of 43 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 423

Thread: Could Trump become a dictator?

  1. #371
    Senior Member jyng1's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Yes, you hate everything about the US and have been making it clear. And your interpretation of the constitution is laughable nonsense, just as much as the people who thought the election could actually be overturned on 1/6.
    Oh no, I was just supporting you hating the Constitution of the United States. Go you.

  2. #372
    Senior Member Guess Who's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,629
    The impeachment is likely to succeed. The threatened blacklisting of Trump supporters and the big tech censorship was intended as a signal and will probably convince enough Republicans to vote to impeach.
    < 3 = (!left&&!right)

  3. #373
    Ieilaelite pensive_pilgrim's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,165
    Quote Originally Posted by jyng1 View Post
    Oh no, I was just supporting you hating the Constitution of the United States. Go you.
    Of course I realize you were trying to put words in my mouth. That's like 80% of your rhetorical repertoire. The other 20% being some mix of pathetic failures at trolling like "Jesus was gay", non sequiturs, QAnon-level absurdities, and expressions of nationalistic pride in Sheep Island.

    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    The impeachment is likely to succeed. The threatened blacklisting of Trump supporters and the big tech censorship was intended as a signal and will probably convince enough Republicans to vote to impeach.
    There's no reason for anybody not to vote for it now; Trump is unpopular and it's more purely symbolic than it's ever been.

    The last impeachment proceedings were a great distraction that hindered early efforts to deal with the pandemic; I imagine the next ones will be a great excuse for the dems to do nothing with their control of government but fan the flames.

  4. #374
    malarkey oxyjen's Avatar
    Type
    INtP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,714
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I realize it's pointless to debate with you, but I need to call you on blatant lies.

    Sure, anything is possible. Can you cite an example of a stolen election in any first world country? Or G7 country? Let's say post 1800 just to keep things reasonable.

    That's a straight up lie. You have no evidence to back this opinion.'It's possible' is not a reasonable support/argument. All evidence points to a fair election.
    Trump said the ballots would be fraudulent before the election even started. I bet the Republicans are gleeful they can show their playbook and people will still vote for them. Even after they introduced legislation in September designed to throw out legal ballots. I don't understand.
    Last edited by oxyjen; 01-13-2021 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Autofinish fail

  5. #375
    Senior Member Guess Who's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    2,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    I realize it's pointless to debate with you, but I need to call you on blatant lies.
    OK.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    Sure, anything is possible. Can you cite an example of a stolen election in any first world country? Or G7 country? Let's say post 1800 just to keep things reasonable.
    Stealing elections in third world countries makes sense - dictators holding onto power.

    Other than the 2020 US general election, I am not aware of any election being stolen in a first world country. Ordinarily, stealing elections in first world countries does not make sense but makes sense to me in these very unusual times.

    I view first world democracies as two party states with both parties controlled by a global elite. The two parties are engaged in a back-and-forth fight over inconsequential domestic issues but both go along with the global elite's long-range plan (globalization, control over sources of information and social justice indoctrination) to gradually bring the world to the point of readiness for an engineered crisis that will lead to world government.

    Most people are focused on the back-and-forth fight over inconsequential (in the bigger scheme) domestic issues so don't see any motive for the Democrats to steal the 2020 election.

    Trump was a major obstacle to the global elite because he was working to reverse their agenda (globalization, control over sources of information and social justice indoctrination). He made significant progress in reversing the global elite's agenda in his first term and gained a significant number of supporters by breaking people out of their social justice (cultural Marxism) indoctrination, so the global elite controlled Democrats had to steal the election to make sure he didn't get a second term. With the Democrats in control, they will set about reversing all of Trump's undoing of the global elite's agenda and then get back to advancing it again.

    Quote Originally Posted by Senseye View Post
    That's a straight up lie. You have no evidence to back this opinion.'It's possible' is not a reasonable support/argument. All evidence points to a fair election.
    Stealing elections in first world countries is possible but not normally easy to do or get away with. The pandemic provided the opportunity. If one looks at the changes to the rules that were made in the battleground states, it can be seen that they go beyond what was reasonably necessary to make it possible for people to vote in a pandemic - they were designed to facilitate massive voter fraud.

    My belief that the election was stolen is based in large part on the motive that I believe existed for stealing the election as outlined above. As long as we disagree on this point, we are likely going to disagree on the question of whether or not the election was stolen.

    The motivation of the individuals carrying out the stealing could have been a belief that Donald Trump is evil and must be removed from power at any cost or people in the Democratic party worried that Trump was gaining support among minority groups, which could eventually take away their pitch to minorities and their white allies.
    Last edited by Guess Who; 01-13-2021 at 01:33 PM.
    < 3 = (!left&&!right)

  6. #376
    凸(ಠ_ರೃ )凸 stuck's Avatar
    Type
    xNxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    5,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
    If one looks at the changes to the rules that were made in the battleground states, it can be seen that they go beyond what was reasonably necessary to make it possible for people to vote in a pandemic - they were designed to facilitate massive voter fraud.
    This is the change in your rhetoric. Now you're saying that election laws were changed in a conspiracy to allow the much larger (and one would assume provable) conspiracy of "massive voter fraud". Problem is there's zero proof of that.

    DEBUNKED
    CARPE BM

  7. #377
    Senior Member jyng1's Avatar
    Type
    intp
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    6,034
    Quote Originally Posted by pensive_pilgrim View Post
    Of course I realize you were trying to put words in my mouth. That's like 80% of your rhetorical repertoire. The other 20% being some mix of pathetic failures at trolling like "Jesus was gay", non sequiturs, QAnon-level absurdities, and expressions of nationalistic pride in Sheep Island.
    It doesn't matter what you say to GW and I note he's still going on about a stolen election above, still without a shred of proof, so I might as well do the same. I think this is why Evangelicals have bought so extensively into the Trump myth; they've already bought into the God myth and are very used to defending their position without needing to provide a shred of evidence. Both myths align with their world view. Poor people are poor because they deserve it, white people's privileged position is under threat and needs protecting through whatever means necessary and they want America to revert to some sort of "Golden Days" where everyone had a high paying job making stuff or digging stuff out of the ground and keeping the rest of the world poor is a way they see of achieving this.

    And "expressions of nationalistic pride in sheep island"? It's 600 islands and sheep were an industry of the 60s but... I understand your pain that after 300 years of boasting how great the USA is, it must be hard to be such an international embarrassment. At least you have your guns and your "freedom" (although coming from sheep island - ranked #1 on the freedom index and #4 on the democracy index, I don't see why anyone would bother boasting about being 17th equal and 25th respectively).

    I'm still open to you telling me how masks and lockdowns don't work and that coronavirus is just the flu though... so please, do go on.

  8. #378
    Senior Member
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    3,398
    I think jyng hit the nail on the head re: religious faith and buying into conspiracies. Religion trains you not to question but to accept on faith. Some religions are better than others at expecting their members to question things. I feel like at this point there’s a lot of churches that are Sunday social clubs.

  9. #379
    Senior Member Senseye's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,723
    @Guess Who - stuck already beat me to it with debunking your baseless assertion. It does seem you have accepted Trump as some sort of second coming prophet and just take his words as gospel. No fraud has been found to have happened and you just keep harping on "it was possible".

    @pensive_pilgrim - I guess you could claim that the 2000 Bush vs Gore election was stolen. At least that was not due to fraudulent votes, just votes not counted on a technicality. Shady, no doubt. Politics invading the courtroom, no doubt.

    Re: 2016, there was some sour grapes from Clinton and the Dems but that was just politicking. Hillary is a bad actor with a big ego and somewhat of a narcissist herself. IMO, she is one tenth as bad as Trump, which means I think she is truly awful and has no business being in power. In any event, they couldn't prove anything regarding Russia, and without proof, it's just opinion. Same shit as Trump is flinging.

  10. #380
    Member
    Type
    xxxx
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    323
    Quote Originally Posted by Starjots View Post
    We shall see. Well, maybe we shall see. I think they're is a plan, it might seem harebrained, it might be unbelievable, it might be the work of colossal incompetence - bingo - but I think there most definitely was some sort of plan.

    Ok. May be willing to concede someone had a plan.

    Capitol Staffer Says Office Panic Buttons Were 'Torn Out' Before Riot

Similar Threads

  1. Trump's First 100 Days
    By oxyjen in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 986
    Last Post: 09-23-2017, 09:34 PM
  2. Trump or Galaxy Note 7?
    By BarIII in forum The Pub
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-16-2016, 02:03 PM
  3. World Leader Wars: Donald Trump vs. Kim Jong-un
    By Madrigal in forum News, Culture & History
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 08:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •