5 17.24%
  • Dislike Hillary

7 24.14%
  • Hate Hillary

13 44.83%
  • Protest

1 3.45%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people hate Hillary so much?

Type
    INxP

Why do people hate Hillary so much?

I have to admit, I don't fully get it. I'm pretty ambivalent about her myself so I'm curious so see what I'm missing.

-
    Type
    xxxx
    She's the embodiment of a corrupt, hypocritical, profoundly anti-democratic establishment. What's not to like!

Type
    intp
    Doesn't help she's a woman... people don't like uppity women folk who wear pants.

Type
    xNxx
    Left isn't crazy about her because she's a centrist hawk and somewhat of the distilled essence of neoliberalism.

Right hates her because they've convinced themselves that she's literally murdered her political opponents. Having wikileaks show that she's done a lot of behind the scenes political scheming hasn't helped either.

Type
    xxxx
    I remember her getting shit even back in 1992.

Cons felt she was too big for her britches.

She's American Margaret Thatcher

Type
    INTx
    She's America's Cristina Kirchner

Type
    INTP
    Doesn't help that her charisma level is only like .002 of a point greater than Stephen Harper's.
    ...the origin of emotional sickness lay in people’s belief that they were their personalities...
    "The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense, not between right and wrong." ~Carl Jung

Type
    INTP
    INTPx Award Winner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    She's America's Cristina Kirchner
    Cristina Kirchner is America's Cristina Kirchner. And you don't know very much about her.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent. - Mao

Now we know... Asteroids Champion ACow's Avatar
    Type
    INTP
    Why do American's dislike her? Meh, probably all of the above and all of the below.

Why should they dislike her?

Well...iraq war vote, stays connected to a serial-liar and philanderer which conveniently furthers her own career which ceteris paribus i do think is bad (i don't accept hiding behind accusations this is sexist or she is being attacked on this ground because she's a woman, or that she is doing so because of some notion of love. The simplest explanation is the most likely one and her defenders are sycophantic demagogues). Her political machine parachuted her into a senate position in a state where she'd never lived in and had no residency in, and she regularly seems capable of manipulating huge amounts of money and infrastructure in marketing (which is the modern polite word for manipulation/propaganda). I mean don't get me wrong, that last one is pretty bloody standard in the US and elsewhere, but i think its perfectly rational to dislike such people. After using her connections to get her into a senate seat that she has no theoretical claim to, after a failed democrat candidate bid, she is then appointed by the Obama administration into another position into which she has no theoretical claim to: secretary of state requiring a saxbe fix by Mr Obama. Anyone who has had any experience with politicians know that some backroom deal was done.

The email thing, well its true at least in this country that I and anyone else acting as a public servant would have been summarily dismissed for doing what she did, but meh.

She leaves her second job which she obtained by backroom dealings for which she was totally unqualified and receives millions of dollars in speaking engagements from the likes of Wall Street and business groups, among others. Then she begins her presidential campaign (which in itself is a bag of "WTF is she trying to win this thing for trump?").

She seems to me a modern professional career person: raking in millions of dollars hiding behind the veneer of progressivism and respectability, but fundamentally empty and without any merit on the inside and all gains brought about through networking and backroom deals.

To me, the real mystery is not why does the average voter dislike Hillary Clinton, its in what fucked up universe is her opponent, Trump, not seen as part of the establishment? Its like a black comedy...